Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said yesterday that Republicans have done so well in cutting spending that he declared an "ongoing victory," and said there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget.

Asked if that meant the government was running at peak efficiency, Mr. DeLay said, "Yes, after 11 years of Republican majority we've pared it down pretty good."

From washtimes.com/national/20050914-120153-3878r.htm

What a complete and utter fucking moron.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like DeLay but that is just bullshit.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That's so dumb, I feel stupid by proxy...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, being a cheerleader and morale booster for the Party is one thing.

Talking straight out of your ass is quite another.

Nice going, Tom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I think it's this one

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Further proof that fiscally speaking the republicans are no better than Dems.  

Truly that has to have been the all time dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, that is pretty stupid (probably intended as an "in your face" comment) ... but considering that you are talking about politicians, there is a long list of comments to choose from!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes, that is pretty stupid (probably intended as an "in your face" comment) ... but considering that you are talking about politicians, there is a long list of comments to choose from!

+1
This thread should be title, Dumbest thing ANY politican has EVER said...today.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like DeLay but that is just bullshit.

WERD! There's plenty of fat to cut, lay-offs for 'gubment workers. We can start with the BATF.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised nobody has posted Limbaugh's interpretation of this.

He covered it this morning.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
not even close.

"I actually did vote for the $87 million, before I voted against it."
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I expect democraps to say and do stupid shit.  I am appalled that Tom DeLay would infer that our government is anywhere near peak efficiency.  

I love the guy for the simple fact that like Haliburton, liberalz hate Tom DeLay.  99 times out of a 100 if they hate something, I love it (take guns for instance).  

I hope he doesn't continue saying stupid shit like this.  I will have to stop liking him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#16]
You Delay bashers are missing the point.  Read this and think about it the tone in which it was said.

Mr. DeLay was defending Republicans' choice to borrow money and add to this year's expected $331 billion deficit to pay for Hurricane Katrina relief. Some Republicans have said Congress should make cuts in other areas, but Mr. DeLay said that doesn't seem possible.

"My answer to those that want to offset the spending is sure, bring me the offsets, I'll be glad to do it. But nobody has been able to come up with any yet," the Texas Republican told reporters at his weekly briefing.

Asked if that meant the government was running at peak efficiency, Mr. DeLay said, "Yes, after 11 years of Republican majority we've pared it down pretty good."

Delay is being sarcastic.  He's saying there is no fat in the budget because the other 434 Congressmen can't find any.  He leaves the door open to those who are willing to give up pet projects and skewer sacred cows, but no one is stepping up to the plate.

The winner of the dumbest thing any politician ever said is when that Angus congresswoman from Houston, Sheila Jackass Lee, asked where on Mars the astronauts planted the US flag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]

I will be le President.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You Delay bashers are missing the point.  Read this and think about it the tone in which it was said.

Mr. DeLay was defending Republicans' choice to borrow money and add to this year's expected $331 billion deficit to pay for Hurricane Katrina relief. Some Republicans have said Congress should make cuts in other areas, but Mr. DeLay said that doesn't seem possible.

"My answer to those that want to offset the spending is sure, bring me the offsets, I'll be glad to do it. But nobody has been able to come up with any yet," the Texas Republican told reporters at his weekly briefing.

Delay is being sarcastic.  He's saying there is no fat in the budget because the other 434 Congressmen can't find any.  He leaves the door open to those who are willing to give up pet projects and skewer sacred cows, but no one is stepping up to the plate.

The winner of the dumbest thing any politician ever said is when that Angus congresswoman from Houston, Sheila Jackass Lee, asked where on Mars the astronauts planted the US flag.

+1

It was sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd cut subsidies to farmers to the bone.  $50b there, easily.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Look at the article. They took quotes out of context and added their own comments to try to make him look foolish.  

Geeezzz!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
There's plenty of fat to cut, lay-offs for 'gubment workers. We can start with the BATF.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]
"Read my lips: NO new taxes.........."

Try and beat that for the "dumbest thing a politician has ever said"......

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Fo' shizzle ma nizzle!

What DeLay said, even if it was not sarcasm (which it clearly was!), don't even come close to what has been said before.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#25]

I voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it!

The stupidity of that statement never fails to amaze me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Kennedy and his Germany Speech where he calls him self a hamberger?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Nagy and his gun confiscation crap
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#28]
"It is time for theAmerican people to stand and deliver."

-Tom Foley, SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, talking about a tax hike.  A spokesman clarified his remarks saying he did not know this phrase was synonomous for  "stick 'em up."
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well?

Rush says that Delay is baiting the Dems to prove him wrong, by pointing out areas where further tax cuts could be implemented - at which point he would exclaim "Good point!" and proceed to cut taxes further. Apparently, this strategy puts Delay in the SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM category...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Sheila Jackson Lee: "Can you make it [the Mars rover] go over to where the astronauts planted the flag?"
(paraphrased, but that's the general idea).

--Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
BTW, the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot award for Absolute Dumbest Thing Any Politician Has Ever Said (If He Indeed DID Say That!) has to go to Canada's Jean Chretian, who allegedly said:

"I don't see why people buy assault weapons and nuclear arms for fun - A family could have a domestic incident that could get out of hand, and they may use those weapons."
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
"Read my lips: NO new taxes.........."

That was gonna be my vote.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#33]
DeLay ... DeDoh!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I am not a crook.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said yesterday that Republicans have done so well in cutting spending that he declared an "ongoing victory," and said there is simply no fat left to cut in the federal budget.

From washtimes.com/national/20050914-120153-3878r.htm

What a complete and utter fucking moron.....

Lets start with the IRS then go to the ATF.  Authorize the fair tax.  So we can scrap our tax codes and these agencies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#36]
The dumbest thing any politician has ever said? That would the latest statement made by any politicians. Crooked fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The dumbest thing any politician has ever said? That would the latest statement made by any politicians. Crooked fuckers.

fuckin' right.  I'm hard pressed to think of more than 2 or three that i actually trust.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'd cut subsidies to farmers to the bone.  $50b there, easily.

Out of all of the assholes drawing money from the Fed. Govt., why in the hell would you want to cut the aid going to the people who feed you and your family very cheaply?

Don't be fooled by Rush, giving a farmer 10 cents a year out of your pay check keeps you from paying 10 dollars for a Big Mac.

Government subsidies to farmers is commidity price suppression.

If they keep many small farms going, the free market will keep prices low.

If they cut the payments, then you have a few corporate farms that will influence or set the price.

Even worse, we could loose all farmers and then must rely on imported food like we do our energy.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

THE WINNER...AND STILL UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF STUPIDITY....Sheila Jackson Lee.

they'll still be talking about this one when earthlings finally colonize Remulak 3.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well?

Rush says that Delay is baiting the Dems to prove him wrong, by pointing out areas where further tax cuts could be implemented - at which point he would exclaim "Good point!" and proceed to cut taxes further. Apparently, this strategy puts Delay in the SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM category...

Yeah?  And I have an eighteen inch penis.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#41]
A few quotes from the former major of Washington DC - the esteemed Marion Barry:

"Aside from the murders, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
or
"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?"
or
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less."
or
"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!"
or
"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl."

I belive that the man missed his calling as a stand-up comedian.

CWO

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
A few quotes from the former major of Washington DC - the esteemed Marion Barry:

"Aside from the murders, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
or
"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?"
or
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less."
or
"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!"
or
"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl."

I belive that the man missed his calling as a stand-up comedian.

CWO

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#43]
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind, or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
James Danforth Quayle, Vice President of the U.S., NAACP luncheon in Nashville (1989-05-15)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.

-- Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, Calif.)

You read what Disraeli had to say. I don't remember what he said. He said something. He's no longer with us.

-- Bob Dole
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I cannot tell you how grateful I am -- I am filled with humidity.

-- Gib Lewis, speaker of the Texas House

"The other thing we have to do is to take seriously the role in this problem of...older men who prey on underage women...There are consequences to decisions and...one way or the other, people always wind up being held accountable."

-Bill Clinton, June 13, 1996, in a speech endorsing a national effort against teen pregnancy.

"A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military."

- Bill Clinton, 1969 (Letter to the National Guard)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles"

-March 1, 1993, Remarks by the President In Discussion With National Service Volunteers, Learning Center New Brunswick, New Jersey
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee: "Can you make it [the Mars rover] go over to where the astronauts planted the flag?"
(paraphrased, but that's the general idea).

--Mike

Gawd what a twit...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
"Read my lips: NO new taxes."

President George Herbert Walker Bush said he would not ask for any new taxes and would not support raising taxes.  Then the Democrat controlled House and Senate passed tax increases and tied them to other important items that needed very much to be signed into law.

President Bush signed the bill into law which is what needed to be done.  And of course the Liberal Media played it up and still does.  He did not want tax increases in fact he gave us some very, very large tax decreases if you remember.

Don't let facts get in the way however of slamming a man who served this Country honorably for many years.  
As a fighter pilot.
As the Ambassador to China.
As C.I.A. Director.
As Vice President of the United States for 8 years.
As President of the United States for 4 years.

I think he was also a Senator or Congressman or something wasn't he?  History is not my strongest subject, but I know for a fact he did not want to raise taxes and the Dems pretty much forced him to sign the bill for the good of the Country.  President Bush (and President Reagan) tried to get a line item veto but that did not happen.

After large tax decreases under President Reagan and President Bush yes he signed a bill that slightly raised some taxes.  It was not nearly as big a deal as it has been played up as for the past 13 or 14 years.  Do not get sucked in by the very biased Liberal media.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Exactly!! Politicians are ALL asshats. The day they started calling themselves politicians and stopped being Statemen began the slow death of this Republic.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

How is that dumb? What guy wouldnt lie about getting a blowjob when his wife is watching?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Holy crap can you give me a link or confirmation/ more on the story?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top