Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 7:07:27 AM EDT
[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder who it is?  they don't say.  Actually, all it is is a headline right now.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Stevens, perhaps?  He was born in '20.  Kennedy was born in '36 and Rehnquist was born in '24.  But who knows, it may not be an age issue but something else... Could be anyone of them...

If it does happen, I wonder how much trouble the Bush Administration will have nominating a new Justice.  Congress is making sure that Bush is having a difficult time filling Judicial posts as it is...
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
An update:
[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/ag.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Drudge says White House counsel Alberto Gonzalez is a frontrunner nominee if there is a resignation. Anybody know anything about his politics?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
O'Connor.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Gonzalez looks like a blank slate. Nothing remarkable, no indication of partisan slant - in other words, a moderate.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=politics/fedpage/administration&contentId=A28812-2000Dec19¬Found=true[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
O'Connor.
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I just hope to hell that GW doesn't commit the same catastrophic error his dad did, which is to nominate a "moderate" who turned out to be just another clueless liberal (i.e. - Souter).

GW, PLEASE do your homework on this before nominating anyone!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#9]
If the Democrats don't like Gonzales, then he can't be all bad.

I hope he is at least moderately conservative or it is all just a waste.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#10]
This is a crucial appointment. It's going to affect many decisions of the court for years to come. GWB will do OK. Thank God Gwhore isn't in the White House!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Ruth Ginsburg had a cancer removed from her colon in 99.

Although she is the rookie on the court she is reported to be in the worst health. Never has missed a day yet though, her procedure was done between sessions.

If her cancer is back?

But this has not been picked up by any major media outlets. Probably its just Drudge being Drudge...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Rehnquist and O'connor have wanted to quit for a long time, but didnt want clinton to replace them with a liberal. now that a conservative is in the white house, they ca. Stevens is really old. Scalia is sick of being on the court, its a joke now
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
O'Connor.
View Quote

My guess also.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Rehnquist's health has been questionable for a while, as is O'connor's so I hear. As for that schmuck Souter ( a fellow New Hampshirite ) he got in because he was a total unknown. He was pushed by former senator Warren Rudman (R-NH) who worked with him in the NH legal establishment. It's another big argument for Republican control of congress to bring proper thinking justices to the court without having to deal with the dummycrats.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Whom ever it is, since McCains latest melt-down (threatening to block Exeucutive nominations and appointies), it should make for an interesting confirmation hearing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Another day and no announcement, looks like its more of Drudges wishful thinking...

I havn't heard of any health problems for O'Connor. And she lives here in the off season, if anything we should know here first. She is from AZ and her family is mostly here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top