Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 5:06:20 PM EDT
While I was taking a piss my g/f calls so I talk and then am taking it down from my ear and ploosh right in the piss. I hesitate then go in and grab it and quick rinse it off. It powers up and some of the buttons work but the display stays blue but still kicks into high and low light settings and the vibrate button works. I took it apart and looks like a section of the motherboard (soldering) is all gray and deluded. Is it shot? Ive given it a day or so and still nothing. I ordered a newer on off ebay to hold me over for 2 months until I get my credit from verizon for 2 years of service. A good $100 lesson learned. Dont talk and piss
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
take it as much appart as you can and let it dry really well for a few days.  chances are you're humped, but it might dry out, and it doesnt hurt to try
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
take it as much appart as you can and let it dry really well for a few days.  chances are you're humped, but it might dry out, and it doesnt hurt to try

It has been out for almost 2 days now and tonight I stripped it down to the circuit board. Like I said looks like some of it may have fried. Im pretty sure its scrapped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Piss on it. Throw it away and get another.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Piss on it. Throw it away and get another.

he already did that!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never understood the guys I see standing at urinals or hear sitting in a stall chatting away on a cell-phone...

"Hum, what was that sound, honey?"

"Nothing, the guy in the stall next to me just ripped a good one"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have never understood the guys I see standing at urinals or hear sitting in a stall chatting away on a cell-phone...

Ya not my favorite thing either. If I woulda dropped it in a public pisser I would have left it there. It was mine so I thought it was worth a shot and it obviously owuldnt flush even though I was tempted.
I have heard guys in public stalls chatting away while taking a shit. Thats just wrong.

Got the used one off ebay ordered. Its a step up for $80 and I figure if I dont wreck it by july I could resell it and make up some of the money.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I washed my phone one time in the washing machine.  Verizon gave me a new one for free.  You should've asked it couldn't have hurted.  I am not sure when you 2 years is up but they also give you a 2 month early grace period to get a new phone.  If you plan was up in January then you could get a new phone in November basically.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Turning it on right away prolly fuxored it.

I dropped mine in a toilet, sans pee, and let it dry for a day or two. no problems since.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Was that in a public toilet? Bleh!  Sayonara!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I laughed and laughed when I read the title of this post.  Karma dictates, of course, that I am next...but Karma will have to wait until I buy a cell phone.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Should have flushed it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#12]
"Can you smell me now?"
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"Can you smell me now?"

thats good
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Corrosion-X would have dried and fixed it
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I did the same thing except I had to navigate around a giant toilet trout to get my cell phone. I turned it off, took it aparts, wiped it down with bleach, dried it with my wifes hair dryer and powered it up the next day after reassembly. Phone work fine...so I gave it to my wife.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I've lost a couple down the shitter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Why do people answer the phone while in the bathroom? I have been carrying a cell phone for over a decade and have never ONCE used it in a bathroom.

Face it, none of us are that important that a phone call cannot wait until you are done with nature's call.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
That's what insurance is for!
So far, wife has dumped hers in the toilet and ran over it with the lawn mower.  Both were terminal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I did the same thing except I had to navigate around a giant toilet trout to get my cell phone. I turned it off, took it aparts, wiped it down with bleach, dried it with my wifes hair dryer and powered it up the next day after reassembly. Phone work fine...so I gave it to my wife.

That's funnier than the title of this thread!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was tossed into a pool by 6 of my girl friends, I didnt have enough time to get my cellphone out and it did the same thing.

However, I let it dry for about 4days or so and it finally worked again.  Except the scroll right button was a lot harder to press.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
While I was taking a piss my g/f calls so I talk and then am taking it down from my ear and ploosh right in the piss. I hesitate then go in and grab it and quick rinse it off. It powers up and some of the buttons work but the display stays blue but still kicks into high and low light settings and the vibrate button works. I took it apart and looks like a section of the motherboard (soldering) is all gray and deluded. Is it shot? Ive given it a day or so and still nothing. I ordered a newer on off ebay to hold me over for 2 months until I get my credit from verizon for 2 years of service. A good $100 lesson learned. Dont talk and piss

If you manage to dunkify an electronic device like a cell phone, DO NOT TRY TO USE IT. Leave it in a nice dry place with some airflow for a week or two, THEN try to use it.

I washed my cell phone a few weeks ago. It was still in the spare magazine pocked of my 5.11 pants, and it went through the heavy wash cycle.

I let it sit for a couple of weeks, and it works good as new now.

You would be amazed how resilient electronic devices are if you let them dry out after a dunking before trying to use them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you manage to dunkify an electronic device like a cell phone, DO NOT TRY TO USE IT. Leave it in a nice dry place with some airflow for a week or two, THEN try to use it.

I washed my cell phone a few weeks ago. It was still in the spare magazine pocked of my 5.11 pants, and it went through the heavy wash cycle.

I let it sit for a couple of weeks, and it works good as new now.

You would be amazed how resilient electronic devices are if you let them dry out after a dunking before trying to use them.

I've never pissed on my cell phone, but I have douched a calculator with Pepsi. I immediately took the batteries out, rinsed it with water to get the sugar out of it and let it dry for about three days and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's funnier than the title of this thread!

Well, at least that stink pickle was wet-docked.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

"So, how's that TPS report coming?"

"Going just fine, should be all done in a couple of... hold on a second... here it comes..."

PFBBBBBBBB! Plop!

"Ahhh, that was good. Where was I? Oh yeah, the TPS report should be done in a couple of days, as long as Bob gets me the information"

"Mmmm yeah, you know what? I don't think you'll have to come in on Saturday after all."

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#25]
My coworker dropped his blackberry in the crapper after laying down a stink-pickle.  He flushed the toilet ~5 times to get the water level really low, then reached in and grabbed it.  He immediately threw it in a ziplock bag and gave it to our computer nerds with "it got wet" as the only comment. The nerds immediately opened the bag and sad "What did you do? Drop it in the shitter?".  He smiled and walked out, they gave him a replacement the next day.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I once dropped my pager (this was like 10 years ago) into a toliet right after I had taken a dump in it.  I didn't know what to do, so I flushed the toliet.  The pager didn't go down the drain, so I put on those yellow kitchen gloves, picked it up and washed it in the sink with soap and bleach.  I let it dry for three days, and it still worked!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I put my shaving kit on the divider between the toilet and the vanity once years ago, and proceeded to tell my mom a joke... I waved my arms about as I was telling it and just as I was about to tell the punchline, I knocked the shaving kit bag - including my nice Norelco shaver and hair brush (when I had hair long enough to brush) right into the can. Which turned out to be much funnier than the joke I was telling...

Fortunately there was no load in the toidy at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top