Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 11:01:20 AM EDT
The latest U.S. Airforce recruitment tool.

www.usafa-aog.org/HateMachine/stealthforce.shtml

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Its not any gayer than that stupid a day in the life of a army basic trainee crap. Look today we did good and got a pizza party yay!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Like to add. Not only did the cadets act disrespectull to thier CO. And got away with it. (Try to pick out where in the first few minutes.)

But before that screws up MSN. They start talking about sending recruits on a mission against some "rebels".

Russia currently does that. And hows that working out for 'em???
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
At least Navy plays Godsmack in our commercials!  Ass kickig song too!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen any of that bullshit on a USMC recruiting website.

I will admit, the USMC recruiting commercials have gotten pretty badass here lately.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
At first I thought it was joke, your new name is talon!

got to admit thats a pretty cool name, can you guys start calling me talon??
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think you will find it on a Air Force site either.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
And looking past the Go Army.com site. Anyone ever see thier other recruiting tool, America's Army?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And looking past the Go Army.com site. Anyone ever see thier other recruiting tool, America's Army?
View Quote

America's Army is actually pretty cool.  The details regarding the weapons are pretty good.  You can even sit through some medic classes that teach legitimate first aid.

You actually have to qualify with the M16.  You get to familiarize yourself by firing two mags, then you have to qualify in the fighting position and the prone.  You actually look down the sights of the weapon and have to shoot according to your breathing.  Very good detail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think you will find it on a Air Force site either.
View Quote

Well that's good.  I don't have the elitist attitude about the USMC but the stuff on that website is pretty rediculous.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Trying to recruit 10 year olds?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm ex Air Force and I promise you that our enemies don't laugh at our Air Force.Would you prefer that we slugged it out without airpower???Every branch of our Armed Sevices has its role!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm ex Air Force and I promise you that our enemies don't laugh at our Air Force.Would you prefer that we slugged it out without airpower???Every branch of our Armed Sevices has its role!!!
View Quote

That it does. And no we wouldn't.

Finding amusement in this is a far cry from laughing at the USAF. In fact, it was probably someone in the USAF that allowed this to fall into our hands.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The AF and their recruiting methods are the result of a situation where the enlisted personell by and large do not (and never will) fight...

The AF rarely operates in hostile territory, so with the exception of SF/SAR, security police, and aircrew of the few combat aircraft (AC-130 is the only one I can think of since they pulled the guns from the B-52s) that carry enlisted personell, enlisted personell do not (and won't have to) fight...

It's an AF-unique situation (even USN enlisted personell have a chance of finding themselves in combat if their ship/sub is in a battle), which results in the AF-unique recruiting angles, training, and requirements for enlisted airmen...

WRT officer training, that all depends on the institution. The AF relies heavily on ROTC and the Academy for cadet training, and ROTC of course varies in quality from program to program...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By [red][size=4]talon[/size=4][/red]:
At first I thought it was joke, your new name is talon!

got to admit thats a pretty cool name, can you guys start calling me talon??
View Quote

[b][size=4]OK[/size=4][/b]

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#15]
From what one of my Academy Grad former Lt's told "The hate Machine" was an "underground paper" sort of thing at the AFA, and at one time was banned, so I think what you are seeing is a parody.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
It's real, it's legit, it came from a USAFA grad who stated it was swiped from the Air Force before they could burry it along with their shame at having produced it. lol

Evidence sucks. lol
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]
You gotta love some of that stuff though...[rolleyes]  The USAF has a job to do and they do it well.  But I agree that the AF enlisted persons are the least likely to ever get into combat.  But hey what do I know, us Navy guys didn't get to qualify with an M-16 during bootcamp!  I think even the USAF get to do that.  I think things will change and I understand that the Navy is actually leaning towards small arms training being expanded beyond the SeaBees, MA's and the few other ratings that traditionally qualify with small arms regularly.  I personally beleive that every service member no matter what their rating, MOS, job, etc. should be required to qualify annually, at the least with the M-16 and M-9.  You never know who might be confronted with a suicide bomber running at them while standing watch or gate duty, etc.  

So you AF guys shouldn't get your feathers all ruffled.  I mean those cartoons are pretty humiliating but look at the Marines, they have to wear those funny looking Bellhop uniforms and hitch rides with the Navy everywhere they go, hee hee.  Gonna get the Jarheads all riled up now!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You gotta love some of that stuff though...[rolleyes]  The USAF has a job to do and they do it well.  But I agree that the AF enlisted persons are the least likely to ever get into combat.  But hey what do I know, us Navy guys didn't get to qualify with an M-16 during bootcamp!  I think even the USAF get to do that.  I think things will change and I understand that the Navy is actually leaning towards small arms training being expanded beyond the SeaBees, MA's and the few other ratings that traditionally qualify with small arms regularly.  I personally beleive that every service member no matter what their rating, MOS, job, etc. should be required to qualify annually, at the least with the M-16 and M-9.  You never know who might be confronted with a suicide bomber running at them while standing watch or gate duty, etc.  

So you AF guys shouldn't get your feathers all ruffled.  [red]I mean those cartoons are pretty humiliating but look at the Marines, they have to wear those funny looking Bellhop uniforms [/red] and hitch rides with the Navy everywhere they go, hee hee.  Gonna get the Jarheads all riled up now!
View Quote

I'm not a Marine (Army MP) but if your talking about the Marines dress Blues, Man your nuts! That is the sharpest uniform in all of the US Military. I'd be damn proud to wear that uniform.[:D]

COZ
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you AF guys shouldn't get your feathers all ruffled.  [red]I mean those cartoons are pretty humiliating but look at the Marines, they have to wear those funny looking Bellhop uniforms [/red] and hitch rides with the Navy everywhere they go, hee hee.  Gonna get the Jarheads all riled up now!
View Quote

I'm not a Marine (Army MP) but if your talking about the Marines dress Blues, Man your nuts! That is the sharpest uniform in all of the US Military. I'd be damn proud to wear that uniform.[:D]

COZ
View Quote

Inside joke between Navy and Marines.  We've been known to call them  them Sea Going Bellhops.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's real, it's legit, it came from a USAFA grad who stated it was swiped from the Air Force before they could burry it along with their shame at having produced it. lol

Evidence sucks. lol
View Quote

Evidence sucks. But The Hate machine doesn't. Go 42nd!

[url]http://www.edodo.org/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top