Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:38:50 PM EDT

I think this is very sad and its big kick in the balls to all military members

Protest rally during a memorial for soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division killed in combat.

Phelps believes American deaths in Iraq are divine punishment for a country that he says harbors homosexuals. His protesters carry signs thanking God for so-called IEDs -- explosives that are a major killer of soldiers in Iraq.

Shirley Phelps-Roper, a daughter of Fred Phelps and an attorney for the Topeka, Kansas-based church, said neither state laws nor the Patriot Guard can silence their message that God killed the soldiers because they fought for a country that embraces homosexuals.

"The scriptures are crystal clear that when God sets out to punish a nation, it is with the sword. An IED is just a broken-up sword," Phelps-Roper said. "Since that is his weapon of choice, our forum of choice has got to be a dead soldier's funeral."

The church, Westboro Baptist Church, is not affiliated with a larger denomination and is made up mostly of Fred Phelps' extended family members.

Read more about this
www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/21/funeral.motorcyclists.ap/index.html

Here is dirt bags webpage
VERY SAD WEBPAGE

No one deserves this

I would like say I have 13 very happy years in the US ARMY at Fort Bragg NC. I have many tours in Iraq and I have brother that is over there now with 101st AIRBORNE!!!

If I have miss type anything please email me because i am very upset at this time and will be for long time to go......I just dont understand people

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks for reading
Wil

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Wil,

No one in their right mind understands these ingrates.  You and the vast majority of us who have served honorably must never lose sight of the fact that we have done just that- served our great country honorably through thick and thin.  At this point, most of us have lost good friends or comrades in arms in one theater or another.  Just remember them always, don't let their sacrfice be in vain, and certainly don't let these fools get you down.

Semper Fi brother,
Eric
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
These shitbirds need to be deported.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The bible also says "Judge not lest ye be judged". What makes the protesters think they can play God and demonstrate (in the rudest and most negative way) judgement on the brave soliders and the nation?

When the SHTF, I hope these people are left to fend for themselves, then they'll realize what sacrifice and service servicemen are to people.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
'thank god for IED's'?!

That makes my fucking blood boil. Someone needs to bitchslap every single one of those sorry sacks of shit, ASAP.

Protesting war is one thing; this is America and you can express your view how you choose. But that is beyond fucked up. And at a military memorial service?! Why not just go spit right in the soldier's caskets? Seriously makes me physically ill, and I hope someone there put those rat bastards in thier place.

Goddamn right they should be deported; right to Baghdad, preferably right on top of one of the things they are thanking god for...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes words cannot describe my anger. This is one of those times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#7]
This is from there Frequently asked questions page

Question:Why do you picket soldiers' funerals?
Here are some axiomatic matters of fact:

These turkeys are not heroes. They are lazy, incompetent idiots looking for jobs because they're not qualified for honest work.

They were raised on a steady diet of fag propaganda in the home, on TV, in church, in school, in mass media - everywhere - the two-pronged lie: 1) It's OK to be gay; and, 2) Anyone saying otherwise, like WBC, is a hatemonger who must be vilified, demonized, marginalized into silence.

Therefore, with full knowledge of what they were doing, they voluntarily joined a fag-infested army to fight for a fag-run country now utterly and finally forsaken by God who Himself is fighting against that country.

They turned America
Over to fags;
They're coming home
In body bags.

America used an IED to bomb Westboro Baptist Church on August 20,1995 - an act of terror aimed at terrorizing us into discontinuing our nationwide Gospel preaching against the homosexual menace.

When America thus became WBC's terrorist, God became America's Terrorist.

Therefore the IED is God's weapon of choice in avenging Westboro Baptist Church by blowing America's kids to smithereens in Iraq. And the carnage has barely begun.

Thus, their funerals are the forum of choice for delivering WBC's message of choice

These idiots need to be stopped

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
It's about respect... Many "causers" are so full of themselves that they can't see how their actions may affect others. They're just plain rude.

Regardless of how the person died.... In these cases soldiers who are killed in service to their country. I think the funeral is a personal/family matter... even if it is a full military affair.

Protest all y'want... You can have all the freedom of speach y'want.... just have some respect and let a family bury it's son/daughter/father/mother in peace.

Didn't the gov't set up free speach zones in NY during some convention?   Do it for mil. funerals.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I highly doubt these people really even know what the Gospel is all about. Many fundamentalist Christians are just as sickened as everyone else with the actions of these people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top