Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2002 8:33:57 AM EDT
Article which was some good points on the warmongering relating to Iraq

[url]http://argument.independent.co.uk/regular_columnists/mark_steel/story.jsp?story=274259[/url]

Excerpts:

---

Because Saddam has acquired "weapons of mass destruction". Just now, at exactly the same time as the American military is on a roll and can justify anything it wants by pointing to Ground Zero. What a coincidence. And we know this is true because "there is evidence". Well that pretty much wraps the case up, then.

---

What slightly confuses me is this. In 1991, following a 10-year war in which Saddam had been allowed, indeed encouraged, by the Americans to build up his military strength, the most destructive weapon he came up with was the Scud.

---

It's also claimed that Iraq may have been connected to the attack on New York. For this is now the excuse for every act of American aggression

---

Each new stage of the war against terrorism makes it clearer that the real aim has little to do with the twin towers and is a bid for what the American military describes as "full spectrum dominance". Partly, this entails revenge against anyone who's caused the US embarrassment, starting with the most recent and going back, making the named targets so far Iraq, Somalia, Iran and North Korea

---

But still Americans write in to newspapers such as this one, whining about any criticism of their government's warmongering. They're like a superpower version of Harry Enfield's Kevin the Teenager. Someone only has to suggest that maybe they shouldn't threaten to frazzle half the planet and they're screaming: "Oh it's so unfair. We're not allowed to do anything."

---
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i distinctly read not 30 minutes ago in the "Police state" thread that you were going to do housework. Funny how you immediately pop up here with two more threads.  Well, speaking as one of those Warmongering Military guys,   since I have a life besides this computer and it's a sunny 73 degrees outside,  I'm going shooting. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your homework?  Bye, see ya tonight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If it eases your mind [b]libertyof76[/b], consider our impending assault on Iraq just "finishing one war before starting another".  

We had no choice but to go into Afghanistan first.

But now that we're done exterminating rats and cleaning out the ratholes there, we're simply backtracking to clean up unfinished bizness in Ragdad before continuing to steamroll over the MoslemMaggots around the world.

Nothing wrong with that IMNSHO.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
"Full Spectrum Dominance", yeah, that has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yawn.
Can't you just find a support group of masochists or do you simply feel the need to come here and be abused on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#5]
libertyof76.

I think the line another member used in a different thread a few days ago fits this thread also, If it is so terrible here, Delta is ready when you are!

This is my country, I love it even with all it's flaws, I respect those men and women and their families that have given so much in the past and the present to keep this nation free.
Always remember Jane Fonda liberal bitch traitor thought she had all the answers, and in the end helped rekindle the enemies spirit which caused many more American their lives. You can bet Osama is listening also.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Article which was some good points on the warmongering relating to Iraq
View Quote

Why don't you save all of us some time and take your pointless rants to: [url]www.[b][size=6]ass[/size=6][/b]aultweb.net[/url]

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I always figured that one of George H.W. Bush's few mistakes was that he did not send the troops all the way into Baghdad & clean out Saddam while they were there.  I figure that's why GWB wants to send them in there now, to finish the job.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i distinctly read not 30 minutes ago in the "Police state" thread that you were going to do housework. Funny how you immediately pop up here with two more threads.  Well, speaking as one of those Warmongering Military guys,   since I have a life besides this computer and it's a sunny 73 degrees outside,  I'm going shooting. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your homework?  Bye, see ya tonight.
View Quote

I did not say that.

I'd go shooting if the government didn't take my money to go into other countries and intervene in their affairs, amoung other unconstitutional things it does.

Sad to see that so many are pro-state here. Guess the Founders were right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything that is being published in the media about Iraq right now is blantant propaganda.  It's become embarrassing--they will just keep making up new lies until one sticks.  The American people, and many of the people on this board, are so dumb that they don't even notice what is right before their own eyes--they are being lied to in order to get another war with Iraq going.

Did you happen to hear the one about the OK City victims suing Iraq for its invovlement?  Ha!  That's hilarious.  Every conspiracy nut in the country was suggesting some foreign involvement and the administration was all "Timothy McVeigh and his buddy Terry Nichols and their friend with the goatee (can't recall his name) acted alone."  But now that it suits their diabolical scheme, they make up this bullshit about a connection with Iraq.  Puleeez!!!! Make it stop, I can't laugh any harder!

Here's what's going to happen:  There will be another terror attack and Iraq will be blamed. Then the US will attack Iraq.  The CIA will set it up, just like they did when they gave old Saddam a wink and a nod to go ahead and invade Kuwait because the "US won't do anything."  Ha!

I often even wonder how close the CIA is with Osama bin Laden because the guy sure got scarce in a hurry.  Is he dead or what?  Or are they just holding him in reserve until the economy does something unexpected (or whatever) so there can suddenly be a new Osama video on Al-Jazeera and we start bombing the shit out of another defenseless non-country.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.  Don't pick on poor libby for trying to point out the obvious.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd go shooting if the government didn't take my money to go into other countries and intervene in their affairs, amoung other unconstitutional things it does.
View Quote

But somehow you have the time to constantly post on the internet.  Why don't you get another job, if you're that hard up for money?

View Quote

You mean like Hamilton?  Talk about pro-state, hell,he wanted a monarchy.  Or Washington maybe...he seemed pretty pro-state when he put down the Whiskey Rebellion.
Which founders did you mean again?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I did not say that.

View Quote

Now THAT was a real stupid statement! [whacko]

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Paul
We are the biggest baddest mo-fo's on the planet and if some little punk @ss country is stupid enough to run up and poke us in the eye don't run crying home to mommy if we just hunt them down and pummel them into the ground until they reach room temperature.

And while we're at it and in the neighborhood why not knock a few other heads that need knocking? Are we going to upset France?

To hell with the kinder and gentler world, full spectrum dominance I say! Now who's with me! You call it warmongering, I call it taking care of business.
View Quote

I would like to name Paul for the ar15.com member of the month [:D]

We are the top of the food chain folks. That may piss off some of you who were not born here but if America isn't the cream of the crop then why the hell are you here?

These dirty little countries we are dealing with right now. Have no other claim to fame than being stupid enough to yank on the tiger's tail and then run. Without this ignorant bravado we would never have even paid attention to idiots like Bin Laden or the Taliban or Afghanistan for that matter.

Are we hearing a bunch of propaganda from our gov't to convince people now is the time to finish these pests? Yes....but it is only directed to the Pink Fuzzy Balled twits that still believe all we have to do is lob a few cruise missiles at them and then work a little more on our people skills so we can all just get along........Duuhhhhhhh!!!

These idiots have made war with each other for countless numbers of years. They understand nothing but direct brute force and total oblitiration.

Political Correctness and Diplomacy will not work on a rattlesnake you accidentally stepped on but a 12 ga. shotgun will.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#14]
"Why doesn't the USA set the example by getting rid of its own weapons of mass destruction?" Saddam Hussein

Yes, Saddam, you do lead by example. But the USA doesn't seek to lead. It seeks to dominate.

"In my country blue collar crime is punishable under law" Grimshaw
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Liberal76,

Didn't your school teach you that Saddam used chemical/biological weapons against the Iranians and [u]his[/u] [u]own[/u] citizens just prior to the Gulf war.

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Geez, now he is posting links to the Brits slamming the US.  Libby, you and trickshot are the morons here, a word that tricky boy loves to use.  The only thing obvious here is that you two are brainwashed (as you like to say about everyone else) by all the propaganda you read on such sights.  You two really think you are superior to everyone else here when there is no logic to any of your arguments.  In fact, your arguments are those of cowards who just want the US to crawl into a shell and hope that the rest of the big, bad, world will leave us alone.

Libby, your icon says "Liberty or Death", but you call others warmongers.  You and tricky seem to be more anxious to go to war against your own country than against those who would destroy our way of life.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
"Libby" evidently my post in that dumbass "police state" thread hasn't sunk in yet, so I'll reiterate: Don't like this country? Fine. Get the f*ck out.
To hell with the kinder and gentler world, full spectrum dominance I say! Now who's with me! You call it warmongering, I call it taking care of business.
View Quote
I'm with ya, Paul!
I would like to name Paul for the ar15.com member of the month
View Quote
I'll second that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We are the biggest baddest mo-fo's on the planet and if some little punk @ss country is stupid enough to run up and poke us in the eye don't run crying home to mommy if we just hunt them down and pummel them into the ground until they reach room temperature.

And while we're at it and in the neighborhood why not knock a few other heads that need knocking? Are we going to upset France?

View Quote

Hooah!  

Lock and load, I got your six.  

Fire for effect and let the full spectrum dominance commence!

Edited to say: Hell Yea, I'm [b]pumped up[/b] over "Full spectrum dominance!"
[50]
[heavy]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Jeez, sure is a lot of love-it-or-leave-it talk goin' on.  I was under the impression it was every American's duty to speak out when he disagreed with something to try to fix the perceived problem, not just run away from it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
libertyof76, do you have something to add, an opinion of your own perhaps? I mean, come on! These cut-and-paste posts are really getting old.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Excuse me if I missed something, but was this supposed to make some sort of sense?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's what's going to happen:  There will be another terror attack and Iraq will be blamed. Then the US will attack Iraq.  The CIA will set it up, just like they did when they gave old Saddam a wink and a nod to go ahead and invade Kuwait because the "US won't do anything."  Ha!

I often even wonder how close the CIA is with Osama bin Laden because the guy sure got scarce in a hurry.  Is he dead or what?  Or are they just holding him in reserve until the economy does something unexpected (or whatever) so there can suddenly be a new Osama video on Al-Jazeera and we start bombing the shit out of another defenseless non-country.
View Quote

Thats right, KILL'EM ALL!!!!!!

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.  Don't pick on poor libby for trying to point out the obvious.  
View Quote

It is amusing how you continue to refer to him with a woman's name, do you know something we don't?? [:o]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jeez, sure is a lot of love-it-or-leave-it talk goin' on.  I was under the impression it was every American's duty to speak out when he disagreed with something to try to fix the perceived problem, not just run away from it.
View Quote

You are quite right. It is our duty to speak up, AND to do something about that which we feel is wrong. Not to whine and bitch, and hope to convince someone else to do it for us.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Just a small point;  Because the largest artillery Saddaam deployed were scuds doesn't mean he doesnt have the big one.  If he pushed the button it would be the last button he ever pushed.  If he were really crazy like people say he would have already bombed the US outright which would have led to his extermination.  He is smarter and more sane than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top