Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2015 1:46:21 AM EDT
In 2013, the constitutional court of the Dominican Republic announced a decision that stripped an estimated 210,000 people — about 2 percent of the island nation's population — of their citizenship overnight.

The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that occupies roughly two-thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The other half belongs to Haiti, and the two countries are divided by language, history, and race. That division has often been toughest on Dominicans who are of Haitian descent, which is the group of people who lost their citizenship in the ruling.

The government later softened the decision to allow people with birth certificates to "validate" their citizenship, and those without them to register as foreign migrants, the deadline for which was last night at midnight. But because the Dominican government has for decades systematically refused to grant birth certificates to people of Haitian descent, thousands were never able to obtain validation.

That means there are now fears of what human rights advocates have warned would be an act of ethnic cleansing: that people of Haitian descent who cannot prove their right to stay will be rounded up and forced to "return" to Haiti — a country where many of them have never lived.

Although the country's president and foreign minister have promised there will be no mass roundups, the government has announced that it is readying buses and detention centers to gather and deport people of Haitian descent, and has placed 2,000 troops on standby to support the process.

I'm no fan of ethnic cleansing, but there's a good reason why the Haitian/Dominican border is militarized, and why the people on the DR side are willing to shoot them if they sneak across.  Every GD thing that happens in Haiti causes a whole buttload to invariably end up here in Florida, where the majority f-up everything they touch.  It's funny as fuck to have somebody who speaks retard French (Haitian creole) call you stupid or deaf because you can't understand their retard English.  I keep wanting to forget they exist, but even yesterday I saw one run into the gas station, go up to the register with a "closed" sign in front of it  (thereby bypassing the long line that the rest of us were waiting in) and start yelling which lottery ticket they wanted at the clerk who was trying to count down a register.  

Additionally, Rachel Jeantel (Jabba the Hut from the Zimmerman trial) is Haitian, which gives you some idea of what they are like.

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/18/8802587/dominican-republic-haitian-deportation

Additionally--just so you don't think that I'm being too hard on them--they're the country with the lowest average IQ in the western hemisphere, and the are near the bottom of the world IQ listings by country (those rankings may vary a bit depending on which sources you use).

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You should have heard the rants from my dad about Haitians when I was little.

As all of my extended family over there would say...

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Make some room folks. They will be here in a week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Two thirds in the DR and half is Haiti..... Hope they don't kick out the learned ones.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:27:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Their island, their rules.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
DR says, "Get the fuck out!"

We could learn something.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Me coming back.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:37:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a non-liberal retard version of that story? So much derp in there it was painful to read.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:44:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been very impressed by the majority of Haitians that I have met.
Many of them really were stupid, lazy and useless to have around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Go live in south Florida and you'll find those are the agreeable ones.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:49:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks, I had enough just working with the ones mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]
OP reminds me of this:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP reminds me of this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXkaaNJWSo
View Quote

OP here.  Rucka Rucka Ali used to be an excellent artist.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]
If anyone has a right to be pissed at Haiti I would say the Dominicans do. Haiti conquered the Dominican Republic right after it broke away from Spain. Then after they eventually got out from under Haiti's thumb and became independent again 22 years latter. Then Haiti invaded them in bursts for the next decade.

Oh and in GD fashion their border their rules.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:50:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In 2013, the constitutional court of the Dominican Republic announced a decision that stripped an estimated 210,000 people — about 2 percent of the island nation's population — of their citizenship overnight.

The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that occupies roughly two-thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The other half belongs to Haiti, and the two countries are divided by language, history, and race. That division has often been toughest on Dominicans who are of Haitian descent, which is the group of people who lost their citizenship in the ruling.

The government later softened the decision to allow people with birth certificates to "validate" their citizenship, and those without them to register as foreign migrants, the deadline for which was last night at midnight. But because the Dominican government has for decades systematically refused to grant birth certificates to people of Haitian descent, thousands were never able to obtain validation.

That means there are now fears of what human rights advocates have warned would be an act of ethnic cleansing: that people of Haitian descent who cannot prove their right to stay will be rounded up and forced to "return" to Haiti — a country where many of them have never lived.

Although the country's president and foreign minister have promised there will be no mass roundups, the government has announced that it is readying buses and detention centers to gather and deport people of Haitian descent, and has placed 2,000 troops on standby to support the process.

I'm no fan of ethnic cleansing, but there's a good reason why the Haitian/Dominican border is militarized, and why the people on the DR side are willing to shoot them if they sneak across.  Every GD thing that happens in Haiti causes a whole buttload to invariably end up here in Florida, where the majority f-up everything they touch.  It's funny as fuck to have somebody who speaks retard French (Haitian creole) call you stupid or deaf because you can't understand their retard English.  I keep wanting to forget they exist, but even yesterday I saw one run into the gas station, go up to the register with a "closed" sign in front of it  (thereby bypassing the long line that the rest of us were waiting in) and start yelling which lottery ticket they wanted at the clerk who was trying to count down a register.  

Additionally, Rachel Jeantel (Jabba the Hut from the Zimmerman trial) is Haitian, which gives you some idea of what they are like.

Additionally--just so you don't think that I'm being too hard on them--they're the country with the lowest average IQ in the western hemisphere, and the are near the bottom of the world IQ listings by country (those rankings may vary a bit depending on which sources you use).

View Quote

Math! Somebody can't handle it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Haitian Government is claiming that the mass influx of Haitians is bad for Haiti. That is it a financial and humanitarian crisis.

Illegal Immigration into the DR is one of Haiti's sources of income and also a release valve.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop being racist. That's FSA math!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmmm, maybe they are onto something, oh Mr. President.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I worked at a dealership with a few Haitians working there and all I can is, you don't want them working on your car.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
I don't doubt that we are already readying planes to bring them here.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Two thirds in the DR and half is Haiti..... Hope they don't kick out the learned ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I thought the same thing...

The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that occupies roughly two-thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The other half belongs to Haiti,
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#23]
You know your country is the ultimate fail when you share an island and the other half hates you and nobody from that side ever tries to get into your half.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Even The Soviet Union or Fidel Castro didn't want anything to do with that utterly useless shithole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Some years back orchardists in the area threatened to let their crop rot on the trees because the .gov said they had to use Haitian migrant labor. The .gov relented.

One orchard owner told me that he thought Haitians were the sorriest lot of human beings that ever drew breath. Vile, lazy, and destructive.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#26]
That may be a Hait crime.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Haitians are by far, the worst breed on earth.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Haiti is the Western Hemisphere's Somalia. It is a failed state and I'm surprised they haven't resorted to piracy. Just goes to show you how failed they are. If the Somalians can pirate and the Haitians don't.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Haiti is the Western Hemisphere's Somalia. It is a failed state and I'm surprised they haven't resorted to piracy. Just goes to show you how failed they are. If the Somalians can pirate and the Haitians don't.....
View Quote

Too fucking lazy would be my guess.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Their 1/2 island, their rules.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some years back orchardists in the area threatened to let their crop rot on the trees because the .gov said they had to use Haitian migrant labor. The .gov relented.

One orchard owner told me that he thought Haitians were the sorriest lot of human beings that ever drew breath. Vile, lazy, and destructive.
View Quote

Wow. I work with over 100 Haitians and they all work hard and respect their coworkers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow. I work with over 100 Haitians and they all work hard and respect their coworkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to live in Peguyville, Haiti and can see both sides.  Obviously a vast majority are destitute due to a lack of pretty much everything that Americans take for granted.  Some give up and some work their asses off to get ahead.  Heading to DR for work is understandable.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps there has been some change over the years since they got off the boat but the one season they used Haitians they completely destroyed two right nice migrant housing buildings (set them afire when they left) and did more damage to the trees than what it was worth to pick the crop.

The owner I talked to said his foreman caught them cutting limbs off the trees to get at the apples because they were too sorry to keep moving the ladders from tree to tree.

The Sheriff Dept. had a right rough go of it too what with all the Haitian on Haitian violence fueled by alcohol abuse. Lots of beatings, knifings, and rape.

Add to that they abandoned a bunch of dogs that went wild and packed-up. We killed wild dogs for a good two years.

First impressions and all that I guess.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I used to live in Peguyville, Haiti and can see both sides.  Obviously a vast majority are destitute due to a lack of pretty much everything that Americans take for granted.  Some give up and some work their asses off to get ahead.  Heading to DR for work is understandable.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DR wanting to keep them out is understandable too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed!  The border patrol on both sides of the border was no joke when I was there.  They were not shy about shooting to keep people in or out.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I've known some Haitians that were decent hard-working folk.  That said, if I were a citizen of the Dominican Republic, I'd be happy to volunteer one day a week for border duty to keep them out.  They raise up some of the most beautiful women in the known universe...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#37]

How come Haiti has no trees?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have the US to float over to. No need for piracy when you have the land of milk of honey just above ya.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on when they got here. I know some that are excellent workers. Enough that I prefer them over our homegrown trash. They didn't have good things to say of other Haitians though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cut down for firewood. Failure to plan ahead as usual.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They burned it all for fuel to cook. They have no comprehension of managing resources. They are like the locusts of the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop right there, He'll help alright and put 210,000 of the deportees into Minnesota and Wisconsin to dewhiten them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

William Jefferson Clinton.

Clinton wanted some headlines for saving the world and Haiti claimed to have a food crisis. Clinton cranked out the free government cheese to Haiti. Prior to that, Haiti was a poor country, but it had a lot of truck farms that fed the families who owned them and produced enough extra to sell for cash or trade for goods they needed.

Nobody pays for food when Uncle Sugar hands it out for free. Haiti's issue became the need for fuel to cook the Uncle Sugar free food. And what's the point in busting your ass to grow food when you can go into town and get bags of it for free?

They had no money to buy fuel, so they pulled up all the plants and made charcoal. They defoliated the place. GTwannabe's picture is actually an improvement over what it looked like six years ago. The Haitian side used to be brown.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
DR says, "Get the fuck out!"

We could learn something.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been in Haiti twice. Once in 1994-95 and again in 2010. I have to say it is the most worthless country in the world. The Earthquake actually did them a favor. By that it decreased the population. These people have NO sense to plan or respect of anything or anyone. They pretty much live to screw each other.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#46]

We need to start expelling and banishing people too.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]
That's racist !!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They wholesale burned them all to make charcoal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked a coworker (who is Haitian) this question, and he said "because of deforestation."  I asked why, and he said because of coal mining.  And then he said how coal was bad for Haiti and it was because of Bill Clinton, and started saying something about an embargo
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Is these a ChiCom or Taiwanese AR Clone?

Haitian Police appear to use them along with Mini-14, Mossbergs, and other assorted free goodies given to them by other countries.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top