Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 12:56:55 AM EDT
Thanks alot, you fucking welfare sucking, No Habla motherfuckers. I have been outside 3 times in the last hour because your fucking "puppy" is loose, and is chasing my fucking sheep and goat herd. Guess what? I'm not in the mood for it. My A.C. is out, so my windows are open. Your little "Perro" might have gotten away with it otherwise. Guarantee- If I see this little yapping bastard, I will put a hollowpoint through it's guts, that way it dies on your land, not mine. BTW, fuck you for thinking it's ok to turn your fucking dog out at night.

ETA: 4th time, saw the little black and white bastard. Border collie. No chance to take a clean shot, so didn't shoot.

I WILL kill this dog, fuck me if I don't. Either a bullet, or a chunk of summer sausage with "special seasonings"

Why do fucking people think it's OK to turn their dogs out at night to "hunt"? I don't blame the dog for doing what dogs do, I blame the owners. Leave my fucking livestock alone. Period. If you can't control your fucking animal, I have no problem hanging dead "Fluffy" on my fence as a warning. I don't like killing dogs, I actually resent the owners for making me do it. I don't hate the dogs, I hate the people who make me kill their children's pets.

If you are the type to let your dogs run free at night, Fuck You!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I love dogs, but if they are after livestock, they got shot.

Bottom line, end of story.

Take the shot as soon as you have it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
need pics of livestock... ETA: Your neighbors bought the land next to you and no habla??? Esta es una problema.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]

No need for all that, unless that's what you want to use.

When I lived in the country and raised goats and
chickens I shot two dogs that got inside my fence
dead, and, shot at three more dogs or cyotes
(At night, don't know if it was dog or not..Hell, could've
been Cuppacabra.)

Most of the time the Remmington 870 20 Gauge with
#3 Buck did just fine.  Texans take a dim view of critters
two legged or otherwise jacking with livestock.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
blah blah blah
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

been Cuppacabra.)

This is somebody else's rig, all I am missing is the PVS-14...

This is just a way to make sure that nobody knows that you were "talking care of business" in the middle of the night.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

been Cuppacabra.)

This is just a way to make sure that nobody knows that you were "talking care of business" in the middle of the night.

I personally don't really care who knows.

Like I said...If you want to use a surpressor, that's fine,
and I'd have no issues with using one if I had one.  I just
never had any instinct than to grab what was most handy
(My 20 gauge) and handle it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:46:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
blah blah blah

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

been Cuppacabra.)

Coming from Montana, livestock>dogs.

But...I don't like LEO's or neighbors waking up and making house calls.

Lots of Liberal do-gooders have decided to move to my home State and they think that because they bought property next to a gun owner he shouldn't be allowed to shoot when he wants to and they like to make calls to the Sheriffs Office.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

been Cuppacabra.)

Lots of Liberal do-gooders have decided to move to my home State and they think that because they bought property next to a gun owner he shouldn't be allowed to shoot when he wants to and they like to make calls to the Sheriffs Office.

I hear yah.  I just simply never cared one way or the other if the SO came out
or not.  If they did, I'd make a complaint to them about the neighbors allowing
their dog to damage my livestock....If it was thiers that is.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted: Texans take a dim view of critters

If his neighbors thought this way, the dog wouldn't be out in the first place....

I would shoot it as well.

Yet another reason my fences make me a better neighbor. My dogs stay IN their yard, end of story.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Don't mess with a man's livelihood.

As much as I love dogs, I'd say it would be a good shoot.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#13]
When I was in Mexico, a good number of people didn't feed their dogs or cats.  The dogs/cats were expected to hunt their own food.  So, in the eyes of your neighbors, night time might be the only time the dog can get some food!

Seriously, the way a lot of them act down there in Tomalelandia made me go just about every one of the 730 days I spent there.   And their interactions with animals were always a guaranteed , , or .
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:09:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

been Cuppacabra.)

I hear yah.  I just simply never cared one way or the other if the SO came out
or not.  If they did, I'd make a complaint to them about the neighbors allowing
their dog to damage my livestock....If it was thiers that is.

Oh, and I forgot about the wolves.

SSS

shoot, shovel and shut-up...

Attention from those critters brings the Feds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I like dags but as soon as they start fucking with livestock they need to be put down, just like coyotes or any other pest.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, little yappy bastard decided to go home for the night. I'm guessing it will be back tomorrow night.

You want to know what shitty feels like? I shot a 50+ pound dog about 3 years ago with a load of 00 buckshot. He was chasing my horses into the fences. I think he was a good dog, he wagged his tail at me right before I blew his brains out. I hung him on my fence by his collar.

Before you pass judgement, realize I have to pay big bucks for every injury to my horses. I have 3. I also have a herd of sheep and goats that I am supposed to protect. I lease my land for grazing to keep the property taxes reasonable.

Part of the agreement is I protect the livestock.

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:24:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

Thank goodness for the period in between those two sentences, or else I would have said that you're taking the retribution thing a little too far.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:27:03 AM EDT
[#18]
This thread needs moar leather aprons and M44 carbines.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:39:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well, little yappy bastard decided to go home for the night. I'm guessing it will be back tomorrow night.

You want to know what shitty feels like? I shot a 50+ pound dog about 3 years ago with a load of 00 buckshot. He was chasing my horses into the fences. I think he was a good dog, he wagged his tail at me right before I blew his brains out. I hung him on my fence by his collar.

Before you pass judgement, realize I have to pay big bucks for every injury to my horses. I have 3. I also have a herd of sheep and goats that I am supposed to protect. I lease my land for grazing to keep the property taxes reasonable.

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

You send the owners a bill for the bullet?

I would..............

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:41:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Amen brother.  Protect your interests.  I'd do the same if a dog was after my poultry investments.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

Thank goodness for the period in between those two sentences, or else I would have said that you're taking the retribution thing a little too far.

I do not enjoy killing animals. I actively try to avoid it. Sometimes I feel real bad about doing it. sometimes not. If I was to develope any hate or resentment, it would be towards the FUCKING MORONS who let Fluffy out to roam at night.

I'm guessing that I will die before irresponsible pet owners will learn their lessons. I'm willing to bet money I will be killing "Fluffy" for the rest of my life. I can't blame the dog, but I hope the owners die of anus cancer.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

I do not enjoy killing animals. I actively try to avoid it. Sometimes I feel real bad about doing it. sometimes not. If I was to develope any hate or resentment, it would be towards the FUCKING MORONS who let Fluffy out to roam at night.

I'm guessing that I will die before irresponsible pet owners will learn their lessons. I'm willing to bet money I will be killing "Fluffy" for the rest of my life. I can't blame the dog, but I hope the owners die of anus cancer.

Why not call animal control to come capture the dog or fine the owners?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

Man up and go speak with your neighbors. A microburst this spring knocked down a 30ft. section of my fence and my dogs were free to roam into my neighbor's yard while I was gone. I am glad I have good neighbors like mine, who I introduced to my dogs and love them, and not neighbors like you. I can understand your point to a degree, but shooting the dog and bragging about wanting to without talking to the neighbors is just stupid and Internet bravado. Go talk to them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't shoot Fluffy for doing exactly what Fluffy was breed to do....go over and shoot the dumbass owners for letting Fluffy do it. That's a win-win situation, you rid the gene pool of human waste and get a herding dog to help out on the farm.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

i say warn them once. tell them next time their dog chases your animals it is lights out. they get fair warning that way.
Man up and go speak with your neighbors. A microburst this spring knocked down a 30ft. section of my fence and my dogs were free to roam into my neighbor's yard while I was gone. I am glad I have good neighbors like mine, who I introduced to my dogs and love them, and not neighbors like you. I can understand your point to a degree, but shooting the dog and bragging about wanting to without talking to the neighbors is just stupid and Internet bravado. Go talk to them.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will.

Fuck Fluffy.

You, sir, need professional help!
Glad my coffee missed the keyboard!
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Get a suppresor.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I feel your pain OP.
I've had to shoot a few myself.

People dump dogs out here a lot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Trap the dog with sausage, then take it to the pound.

Don't gut-shoot or poison a dog for being a dog
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

AC in rural areas is usually a joke.  Heck, in some WV counties it's one guy who works M-F 9-5.  Anything happens after hours, you deal with it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AC in rural areas is usually a joke.  Heck, in some WV counties it's one guy who works M-F 9-5.  Anything happens after hours, you deal with it.

Animal control, what animal control? In my aunt's county, the sheriff calls her and others rescue organization. Really exciting having your 74 year old aunt and her band or dog rescuers chasing loose dogs while the sheriff watches.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm all for shooting the dogs that harass livestock, I come from a ranching family. Although, in this case, I don't think that will be the solution. They will just get more dogs and let them out at night again, and again, and again.

You need to address the real problem, your neighbors. Get the law involved so there is a record going of complaints. If that doesn't work, put together a chupacabra outfit and scare the shit out of them nightly until they leave. :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love dogs, but if they are after livestock, they got shot.

Bottom line, end of story.

Take the shot as soon as you have it.

We've tried doing it the right way by gettin animal control to take the dog. The dog only ends up chasing stock again because their yuppie cunt owner bailed it out then turned it loose a again.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#36]
this one is simple...shoot the mut and throw it in the garden
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I think the question that needs to be asked is, "Who let the dogs out?"
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for all of the responses and advice!

There is no "Animal control" out here. You are expected to take care of these issues yourself.

About a mile away is an area known as "Little Mexico". Care to guess why?

When I get a safe shot, the damn dog dies.

How in the hell would I figure out who the dog's owner is? It's not like it has a collar/tag I could read. Of course even if it did, I'd have to shoot the damn dog to get close enough to read it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#39]
HOLY CARP!!!

Am I the first one to call ENGLISH POLICE!

The proper term is

LOSE

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#40]
If my dog got out and was harassing livestock, and subsequently got shot, I'd feel bad but I'd also buy the rancher a 12 pack to show no hard feelings from my end.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#41]
You can always trap the dog as well.

IDK how it is in the area where OP lives, but around here, if you turn such a dog in to AC, the owners are fined pretty heavily.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
HOLY CARP!!!

The proper term is

LOSE

English Police,

I am not for sure what you are referring too but here are the defintions between the two words.

loose - a : not rigidly fastened or securely attached b (1) : having worked partly free from attachments <a loose tooth> (2) : having relative freedom of movement

lose - 1: to fail to maintain a hold on reality; also : to go crazy
2: to become overwhelmed with strong emotion : lose one's composure <so angry I almost lost it>

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY CARP!!!

The proper term is
LOSE

English Police,

I am not for sure what you are referring too but here are the defintions between the two words.

loose - a : not rigidly fastened or securely attached b (1) : having worked partly free from attachments <a loose tooth> (2) : having relative freedom of movement

lose - 1: to fail to maintain a hold on reality; also : to go crazy

2: to become overwhelmed with strong emotion : lose one's composure <so angry I almost lost it>

If you were referring to my thread title, you are confused. I mean "Loose", as in "Not securely attached or fastened or otherwise contained in a back yard somewhere". If you weren't referring to the thread title, a quoted post would be helpful.

Link Posted: 6/24/2011 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Good shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top