Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 4:19:39 AM EDT
I see a lot of threads about guys coming home with a new gun and needing advice about how to hide the purchase from the wife, or other guys that get caught with an AR that the wife didnt know about and are now in the dog house.....Im sure a bunch are just posted in jest....but I also know some guys wives are a complete pain in the ass about this kinda thing.

I am lucky....my wife is cool with me buying whatever it is I want so long as it doesnt affect our long term financial goals. I recently picked up a new G22 and my plan was to trade my S&W in the same caliber for it....and she actually begged me not to trade my S&W in because she new I liked it, and told me to just buy the G22 outright. This coming from a girl that doesnt shoot, doesnt really like guns....and until she met me, had never even seen a gun.

So...whats your story?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm lucky.... I don't have to worry about that problem just yet.... no wife to nag at me yet
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
She use too.  Divorce is expensive, but worth it sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife dosnt complain too much so long as it doesnt break the bank and all other bills are in order.
So, I really cant complain, my wife understands I like my guns and thats how it will be so we "comprimise". Long as all other bills are in order its Katie bar the door, I'm gun shoppin.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Its not so much that I need my wife's permission in that we agreed years ago when it came to large purchases, anything over a couple hundred bucks we'd discuss it with each other.

My wife is the most undertanding woman I know.  I thought I had alot of cool stuff before I met her.  But I was also living paycheck to paycheck.  

With her handling the finances, we have a house, 3 cars, and I have 2 motorcycles.  

She is very supportive of my hobbies only wishing they weren't so expensive.  As an example, we went to a gun show yesterday.  Was only going to pick up some ammo, came home with ammo and a complete lower.  She got me an HK USP Tactical for Xmas.  

So she's not controlling or anything like that, just wants to make sure we have the necesitees first and something for retirement....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have freedom to do as I wish and so does she.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its not so much that I need my wife's permission in that we agreed years ago when it came to large purchases, anything over a couple hundred bucks we'd discuss it with each other.

My wife is the most undertanding woman I know.  I thought I had alot of cool stuff before I met her.  But I was also living paycheck to paycheck.  

With her handling the finances, we have a house, 3 cars, and I have 2 motorcycles.  

She is very supportive of my hobbies only wishing they weren't so expensive.  As an example, we went to a gun show yesterday.  Was only going to pick up some ammo, came home with ammo and a complete lower.  She got me an HK USP Tactical for Xmas.  

So she's not controlling or anything like that, just wants to make sure we have the necesitees first and something for retirement....

Sounds like my wife.
There both a keeper, I can tell ya that. Especially after hearing some of the horror stories some guys go through.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
wife bought my first gun safe, that should tell ya something
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

this is what we agreed on, so this is what happens

i voted 'its a mutual thing' though, cause it is now  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top