Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 4:54:02 PM EDT
Does this make you Paranoid?

Read it all, carefully. Consider the alternate uses.

[url=http://www.darpa.mil/iao/index.htm]The DARPA Information Awareness Office (IAO)[/url]

[i]and I'm all out of tinfoil to make hats. . .[/i]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Im not paranoid, these bastids are really out to change the world as we know it.

It would have to be more delusional for me to be paranoid.

Like I said, Big Brother is tired of watching. His pants are now down around his ankles and he's about to make you his bitch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Im not paranoid, these bastids are really out to change the world as we know it.

It would have to be more delusional for me to be paranoid.

Like I said, Big Brother is tired of watching. His pants are now down around his ankles and he's about to make you his bitch.
View Quote

Just removing the velvet glove from the iron fist?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Number 6 from the Communist Manifesto

Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the State

We call it the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Department of Transportation (DOT) madated through the ICC act of 1887, the Commissions Act of 1934, The Interstate Commerce Commission established in 1938, The Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Communications Commission, and Executive orders 11490, 10999, as well as State mandated driver's licenses and Department of Transportation regulations.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT

This is my favorite part. [b]Biometric signatures of humans[/b]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Basically since they don't know which group is going to be a problem they are going to watch us all and guess at what we may do next.  Then, god help us, if they think we may do something they don't want, we are already guilty even if nothing ever happens.  All because their chess game or Ouija board pointed at us.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Basically since they don't know which group is going to be a problem they are going to watch us all and guess at what we may do next.  Then, god help us, if they think we may do something they don't want, we are already guilty even if nothing ever happens.  All because their chess game or Ouija board pointed at us.
View Quote

Sounds Communist to me.

A line from a movie long forgoten: Guy in police headquarters, "What am I a suspect for?" Cop, "You are here, so you must be guilty". Guy, "How is that?" Cop, "You see those people out there", points outside, "They are suspects, you are here, so you must be guilty."
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Think that's scary?

I took a screenshot of their page before they got rid of their seriously creepy logo.. check it:

[img]http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~wuw/scary.jpg[/img]

When I first saw their page, I thought it was a joke. I may be one of the few people with evidence of it still, so that makes me a happy camper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.  This technology has a lot of potential for abuse.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Big Brother is here, it appears...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#10]
As a former SIGINTER our motto was "In GOD we trust, all others we monitor".

Total Information Awareness(TIA) and IAO have a profound possibility for abuse. Whether it's that way by design or not I do not care, it Bovine Scatology under the guise of "Safety".
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it was Jesus who advised extreme caution when they start saying, "Peace and safety!"
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If you're NOT paranoid by now, you AREN'T paying attention.[peep]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I may be one of the few people with evidence of it still, so that makes me a happy camper.
View Quote

I saved the Logo only, for the same reason as you.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12210[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T after you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T after you.
View Quote

(Stating the obvious) They are after ALL of us... (Gun Owners)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top