Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 11:06:23 AM EDT
I have read gunplumers suggestion but want to know if anyone has a better idea.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:27:08 AM EDT
Put it in a lathe and face it off at a 11 degree angle with a facing tool. [heavy]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:33:09 AM EDT
I mean to say without a lathe
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:29:40 PM EDT
Brownells sells a recrowning tool that fits the bore.  Some guys report not having very good results with it, though.

If you just have to touch it up, I've heard of using a stove bolt or the like in a drill coated with valve grinding compound.

If you plan to do only one in a great while, have a gunsmith do it.  This thing is critical to accuracy and is one of those jobs left to experts for a keeper barrel. Sorta like stoning triggers.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:56:25 PM EDT
If you're asking questions like this, You need a Brownell's catalog. They have every gunsmithing tool or cool gunpart you can think of.
I think they have something that uses the bore as a guide.
If you have a friend who's a FFL. cop. gunsmith, or Dept. Armorer, you can get it wholesale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top