Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 3:13:50 AM EDT
Those gloves that have steel shot or lead sewn into the knuckles. I saw some on copsplus.com & was wondering if anyone actually uses them on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I beleive they're called slap gloves, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
They have been known to get someone's attention.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Gloves with weighted knuckles? Never known anybody with a pair, but I can get a pair of kevlar-reinforced leather cut-resistant gloves with steel shot sewn in the knuckles. They're sold as "police gloves" and are designed to protect a cop from sharp objects while searching a suspect. The built-in saps are a bonus.

Heck, I'd love to have just a pair of old-fashioned brass knuckles. The gloves jut make it a concealed defensive weapon that's literally always at hand.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Years ago I used them - they were quite effective and would also protect your knuckles and the backs of your hands.  I would hesitate using them now - they might get you sued.  We also carried blackjacks - leather saps with a piece of lead in the striking end - back then.  But those would also probably get you sued now.  We rely more on expandable batons and OC now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Are they any good for full power shots

Mark
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Mark

They are quite effective for full power shots but the threads holding the shot in the glove eventually broke on mine and the shot started falling out.  They might be made tougher now - this was probably 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I use them to train my nuts and scrotum to take full power shots.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a pair. I think I lost them though.

They were great.  Mine had lead powder so it would absorb shock and weight your knuckles.  I could hit a wall and it not hurt.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

They are quite effective for full power shots but the threads holding the shot in the glove eventually broke on mine and the shot started falling out.  They might be made tougher now - this was probably 25 years ago.

The paid I had was pretty tough,  Got a few peoples attention also.  They didn't come apart but the leather sap I had that came with the gloves came apart after one use.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes, I use them to train my nuts and scrotum to take full power shots.  

They were originally developed for Donkey-Punching.  Really.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a good pair a few years ago. Very durable and very effective.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I beleive they're called slap gloves, but I could be wrong.

You coudl be wrong, you are wrong, and have been wrong many times before.

Come to think of it, i tihnk you're wrong more than you're right.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a pair. They were pretty neat, I could punch a brick with them. They're not really good for  cold or wet weather, though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I had a pair. They were pretty neat, I could punch a brick with them. They're not really good for  cold or wet weather, though.

Leather is low quality too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you foresee the need for something like that, I recommend the Oakley MTB gloves instead. They've got the carbon fiber/plastic knuckle cover insert and don't attract adverse LEO attention.

Care to tell us where discriminating ARFCOMmers might find such merchandise available for sale?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Roll of quarters in the pocket has worked for me in the past. No I am not LE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top