Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:38:06 AM EDT
I send a guy to the store to get coffee for the shop and he comes back with Blueberry Cream.

WTF?..........I said COFFEE!!!!

Why have coffee drinkers become pussified?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Plain old Folgers for me.  No cream, no suger, no ice to cool it down, and no flavor.

If I make it the way I like it, it's too strong for anyone else - more for me!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Plain old black coffee for me. Although, I may spring for some exotic beans from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
OT

Where you at in KS?  My ex and sons live in Manhattan, where we divorced in 93 when I was stationed at Ft. Riley.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Plain old Folgers for me.  No cream, no suger, no ice to cool it down, and no flavor.

If a horse shoe sinks, it ain't strong enough.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Im just drinking coke, I dont mess with coffee
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Gimme Folgers, lotsa hot and black in it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OT

Where you at in KS?  My ex and sons live in Manhattan, where we divorced in 93 when I was stationed at Ft. Riley.  

Good old Ft Riley! At least for another 129 days.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If a horse shoe sinks, it ain't strong enough.

I'm going to remember that one!  

And if you can't fit a horseshoe in the cup you ain't got a big enough cup!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OT

D Co, 2/16 Inf - on the hill.  91-93.  You?

Edit to fix date
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OT

D Co, 2/16 Inf - on the hill.  89-93.  You?

HHC 1/41 also on the hill.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OT

D Co, 2/16 Inf - on the hill.  89-93.  You?

41....  Arty?  Been a long time since I ETSd.  Where you heading after PCS/ETS?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:  

1/41 IN, formerly 2/16 IN. And I'm heading to Ft Living Room, PA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm drinking regular coffee with sissy stuff like sugar & creamer.  

I'm a sissy, too.

Same here, but I got use to it in the Navy. The sludge that was available at 3am, after it was sitting around for 6hrs required sugar to cut the bitterness, and the cream to thin it out. Got use to it, BUT none of that flavored crap!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1   Same here..    

I like my coffee strong black and proud
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Coffee-BLACK, straight, no cream and no sugar. The other shit is is what real coffee drinkers call pussy juice, cause ya gotta be a pussy or have one to drink it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#18]
plain and black, not too too strong
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Though I'll admit .... sometimes I like to put some whisky in there.  Does that make me a pussy?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Though I'll admit .... sometimes I like to put some whisky in there.  Does that make me a pussy?

Hell no! It just makes you a drunk.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:  

1/41 IN, formerly 2/16 IN. And I'm heading to Ft Living Room, PA.

WTF?  Sorry about the OT stuff, but when the hell did 2/16 get dissolved?  You're eating in the same chow hall I did!  

Black berets for all...  2/16 moved/no more...  gays in combat arms...  All 11-series Bravos...  Holy crap, my head is spinning!  I miss my Army!

Would you be classified a Mike if the original 11 designators still existed?  That's what I was.  Went in X-ray with a "promise" of AB, AA, and RGR school.  But I tested out as Mike, and they stuck me in a fucking BFV - I stayed dismount, though.  I liked the mud and played squad leader for a time, and then platoon hand-to-hand instructor (one of those things from the butterbar).

Good times.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I drink mine black, though I add Ice to cool it off. Other wise it is just too damn hot to drink.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Foo Foo coffee makes me

I used to keep some nancy beans on hand because my current
GF likes the mocha hazelnut Hawaiian . I even have a separate
coffee press just for the purpose because I refuse to contaminate
my good coffee maker with sissified swill .

Lately though she has been coming around to appreciating
good coffee . So I only have to brew one batch .

Another option is to use one of the flavored creamers
for those with a less then a purist palate
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess I'm a pussy.

I drink half-caff Folgers.  No cream or sugar or any of that stuff, just low caffine.  I find that after a full pot of regular coffee, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, so I reluctantly switched to lower caffine.  Definately no flavored stuff.  Unless it is 90 proof.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been called worse!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been called worse!

"Would you like cream with that, sir?"

"Only if it has a label of 80 proof or more!"

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I like good beans but none of that flavored mocha hazelnut crap. I was getting a Blue Mountain blend, but the store isn't carrying it anymore so I've been brewing Dunkin Donuts recently.

Brew it strong, add enough sugar to almost make the spoon stand up in the cup, and add just a splash of whole milk. Perfect cup of coffee.

echo6
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:04 AM EDT
[#28]
As a commodity, coffee is second only to oil in value so I'm thinking lots of people drink coffee !!

Now I don't want any of the flavored crap.

5sub

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I like good beans but none of that flavored mocha hazelnut crap. I was getting a Blue Mountain blend, but the store isn't carrying it anymore so I've been brewing Dunkin Donuts recently.

Brew it strong, add enough sugar to almost make the spoon stand up in the cup, and add just a splash of whole milk. Perfect cup of coffee.

echo6

Why in the hell would you brew strong coffee just to ruin it with sugar?

Man, and to think I used to like you!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#30]
This chick dragged me to Starbucks once, the following conversation took place.

Cashier: What would you like to drink?
Me:  Coffee.
Cashier:  We have many kinds sir.  Mochas, lattes, cappuchinos, etc.
Me:  Thats not coffee.  I want coffee.  Just black damn coffee.
Cashier:  Oh... okay(frowns like I insulted their mother)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm drinking regular coffee with sissy stuff like sugar & creamer.  

My wife calls that Kindergarten coffee.  I drink it that way every once in a while, but mainly black!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By richardh247

I have never denied the fact that I am a freak of nature

Off Topic- You were an 11X in 89- where / when were you at Benning? I was Aco 1/19 Inf from Oct of 89 to Feb 91

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't drink any    coffee.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Strong and black...  If I add anything to it at all, it's something from the liquor store.  Occasionally I'm in the mood for flavored beans, but never add those sickening sweet flavored creamers, or worse yet, those flavored syrups. ACK!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Off Topic- You were an 11X in 89- where / when were you at Benning? I was Aco 1/19 Inf from Oct of 89 to Feb 91

11x when I signed, Jan 11 1989.  Did OSUT at Benning; C co 4/30, reclassified for AIT 11M.  Don't remember the damn barracks, but it'll come to me.  

Max scores on Phase III and Phase IV EOCT, too!  w00t!!!!!

Then they shipped my ugly ass to Schweinfurt, 4/15.  Loved the unit, but too damn cold for my pussy.  When I PCSd CONUS, Ft Riley became home...  But again, too damn cold.  

I think I was the only idiot who loved NTC,  I'm a desert dog.  Was put in for a Bronze Star, downgraded to ARCOM and then to AAM for actions in Bravo pass, where my squad was the only one to make it.  God, I miss those days!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Working on the second pot of black with a touch of sugar right now.  Drink it black mostly, sometimes with a little ash....

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Folgers. Any dark roast will do. 8 tblspns to a 10 cup coffee maker. 48oz thermal mug that hasn't been washed with soap in a year, only rinsed with hot water. One mug a day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I like my coffee like my women!   Black!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

11x when I signed, Jan 11 1989.  Did OSUT at Benning; C co 4/30, reclassified for AIT 11M.  Don't remember the damn barracks, but it'll come to me.  

Max scores on Phase III and Phase IV EOCT, too!  w00t!!!!!

Then they shipped my ugly ass to Schweinfurt, 4/15.  Loved the unit, but too damn cold for my pussy.  When I PCSd CONUS, Ft Riley became home...  But again, too damn cold.  

I think I was the only idiot who loved NTC,  I'm a desert dog.  Was put in for a Bronze Star, downgraded to ARCOM and then to AAM for actions in Bravo pass, where my squad was the only one to make it.  God, I miss those days!

It just came to me sending an IM to 82nd...  I was at Harmony Church - the barracks there.  Don't remember any specific name for them, except we called it "on the hill" just like Riley.  

EDIT:  It was Sand Hill.  Thanks 82nd!  What a flood of memories this morning has been!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#40]
geezhound

Bro, check your PM's.  I want to create a uniform box with my class A's and stuff, but I need some help getting to the PX for awards and patches and stuff.  PM me if you are willing to help, and I'll send you a copy of my 214 (so you know I'm not asking anything I never earned).  I'll pay you for everything, of course, and will pay extra for your time.

I still have my original blue rope, but I need my forteige and disks and awards, etc.  

The only thing I can't remember worth a shit was my sister company for the epaulets.  I'm thinking 10th, but I need to find out for sure.  

I'll pay you for your time, of course!  

Lemme throw up a picture and see can you get any of this stuff?  I'd be really grateful!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Can anyone help me remember my sister unit designation on the epaulets?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I send a guy to the store to get coffee for the shop and he comes back with Blueberry Cream.

WTF?..........I said COFFEE!!!!

Why have coffee drinkers become pussified?

This is a life lesson in and of itself.
I'm picky with my coffee. I don't assume that everyone has ESP. I always specifically state the size of the coffee cup, the type of coffee, cream/milk/neither, sugar/Splenda/Equal/none... and then, I give options if what I want is not available. I have to treat a coffee order like I'm running a computer program.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Black and hot are all I need to meet my minimum requirements. Ocasionally like some the flavoreds for a treat. Honey Dew donuts in Rhode Island used to have one of the best Iced Coffees, Mocha Madness where they added chocolate syrup to it. That and one of their oversized donuts are definitely something I miss about Rhode Island.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This chick dragged me to Starbucks once, the following conversation took place.

Cashier: What would you like to drink?
Me:  Coffee.
Cashier:  We have many kinds sir.  Mochas, lattes, cappuchinos, etc.
Me:  Thats not coffee.  I want coffee.  Just black damn coffee.
Cashier:  Oh... okay(frowns like I insulted their mother)

I just ask for "regular coffee".
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Spending so much time in Halifax that I'm seriously addicted to Tim Hortons.  Used to be a Dunkin' Donuts coffee guy, but now I gotta guzzle that damn Canadian coffee.  

Don't ever drink Tim Hortons....you'll never be able to drink anything else after that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
geezhound

Bro, check your PM's.  I want to create a uniform box with my class A's and stuff, but I need some help getting to the PX for awards and patches and stuff.  PM me if you are willing to help, and I'll send you a copy of my 214 (so you know I'm not asking anything I never earned).  I'll pay you for everything, of course, and will pay extra for your time.

I still have my original blue rope, but I need my forteige and disks and awards, etc.  

I'll pay you for your time, of course!

Don't insult me like that Bro, I'll be happy to get you whatever you need for free.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#48]
BLACK...........No sugar.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I drink coffee black, or with milk or half and half and sugar, or maybe with an occasional shot of whiskey(when home).  No latte or other crap for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Spending so much time in Halifax that I'm seriously addicted to Tim Hortons.  Used to be a Dunkin' Donuts coffee guy, but now I gotta guzzle that damn Canadian coffee.  

Don't ever drink Tim Hortons....you'll never be able to drink anything else after that.

Tim Horton’s is incredible.  Tim Horton’s and Ketchup chips might be the only regrets I have about moving to the United States.

Re: the original question, I just brewed a pot of normal coffee..

I don't like it when you go into a frou-frou coffee shop and you say, "Large coffee please" and they say, "We have tall, venti and (some other one)".  Um...OK, does one of those equal "large"?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top