Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2013 10:47:58 AM EDT
Tell me about 2004 - 06 Dodge Ram 2500.  Is there anything to look out for?  I am looking for the models with 5.7 gas engine and automatic transmission.  That date range seems to be about how much I want to spend.  I will be towing about 5000 pounds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Tell me about 2004 - 06 Dodge Ram 2500.  Is there anything to look out for?  I am looking for the models with 5.7 gas engine and automatic transmission.  That date range seems to be about how much I want to spend.  I will be towing about 5000 pounds.
View Quote

It's a dodge the body and transmission will be the weak link.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#2]
06 interior change sucked.  Put a little money in that trans and it will handle more than the hemi could ever dish out.  HVAC door repairs will be needed eventually.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I though that was the older transmissions
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
No. It affects all dodge transmissions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top