Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 4:48:00 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/703048/posts?page=1[/url]

Last Updated: June 18, 2002 Michael Curtiss headed to a Tuesday lecture in his family practice residency program
in Wausau a few months ago, expecting to hear the usual discussion of some aspect of medicine. Instead, he sat
surprised as two Muslim first-year residents gave a presentation on Islam.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote from Free Republic:

"To: AppyPappy

I am at a major university and I assure you, I would be fired for some trumped up reason if I strongly questioned ANYTHING relating to foreign staffers, positions, students, reverse discrimination, leftist bent of the administration, the wisdom of so many Muslims in place, proclaimed Christianity, or anything that is not "goalong with the diversity rainbow" to get along. The fear and discrimination is here and real; it is simply directed at anyone who is either Christian, and makes it known, or who opposes the ultra liberal mantra or both. We are in trouble."

5 posted on 6/20/02 4:51 AM Pacific by chemainus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies | Report Abuse ]

Multiculturalism it's our strength. Yeah right.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I went through that very residency program, finishing 5 years ago. It has had major problems over the last few years. Don't know the doc who got booted but it is highly unusual. The director of the program is about as squeaky a liberal as you will ever meet-he is however a good doc and an excellent teacher, though poor director, FWIW. I was undoubtedly the most conservative doc there during my residency and as such didn't get any slack but at the same time I was never treated unfairly. Of course, I was an excellent doc and one of the hardest workers there---My not so humble opinion.

Before I graduated the program there we had a party one night and the director(same person) got down on his knees behind me and bit me on the ass. No shit! There's more but I don't have time. Gotta work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top