Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:23:48 AM EDT
Just curious.  There are certain people here I make it a point to open a thread they've begun, even if the title doesn't really interest me.  No particular reason I can point to, just that some here seem to...  click with my way of thinking, for want of a better term.

I imagine many of you will open any Steyr_Aug thread, for example, because the man is the demi-god of firearms we'll probably never see or hold.  Then Swingset has a large following because he is so keen on female issues.  And we can never forget our friend Old_Painless, who is proving grounds 101 regardless of the topic.  Rodent has the PRB stories, and I always read those.  SP1Girl has a large following because her and the hubby have the most hilarious relationship here, which is great for a laugh.  Rusted Ace brings us the up front and personal side of military.  Sherrik 13 for controversy or theoritical topics with ambiguous questions.  The_Camp_Ninja because he is always so positive and helps get the attitude positive.

I know I haven't begun to scratch the surface, but I'm wondering if anyone else makes it a point to open a thread just because of the author?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I tend to do the same thing to a lot of the same people you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Title based, unless it goes 5+ pages.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Piccolo...every time.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh.....huh  you said member.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
There are also some I avoid dependent on the OP
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Just Richardh247.  That guy posts some crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:53:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes- Generally those you mentioned and a few others (HoustonHusker, Vito113, NME, his brother MANOMANAH, Hawkeye, Phoebus and some others from the Survival Forum)

Same goes for followup posts -- some guys are very knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I will do that occasionally.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I still make the final determination based on whether or not the title is worthy, but I will almost always check it out if it is by:

HoustonHusker
Macman37
sherrick13
BamaShooter
SubnetMask
Dusty_C
CitySlicker (Yes, you)
Any of my local crew.

There are others, but those few will usually catch my eye and draw me into a thread.  Also, as someone else said, there are some threads I will avoid due to the author's name.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
People ignore mine. And im ok with that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
There are many I avoid simply because I know their posting habits.  I don't care how interesting the thread's subject sounds, if it is by a select few I will not open it under any circumstance.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Um,no
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top