BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2001 10:35:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe, since it is work related, you have to show info about your business.  ie deposit slips in excess of $3000 cash.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Once you move from NY to PA you'd have to surrender your NY permit, as there is no permit system in NY for non-residents.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no requirement to have a NYS driver license to obtain a pistol permit. You do not have to be a NYS resident to obtain a NYS pistol permit if you are employed in NYS. In any case since you maintain a residence in NYS residency would not be an issue in your case.

Many counties in NYS routinely issue unrestricted carry permits.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think they will grant you a NYS permit unless you can show that is your primary residence.  I say this because I just got mine and had to play this game, since I still am in school I have my local address and a "permanent" address.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You do not have to be a NYS resident to obtain a NYS pistol permit if you are employed in NYS. In any case since you maintain a residence in NYS residency would not be an issue in your case.

Many counties in NYS routinely issue unrestricted carry permits.
View Quote

bull.  you can not have a NY permit unless your primary residence is in NY.  If you have a drivers license from any other state NY does not consider you to be a resident even if you own a home there.  I have two homes in NY, pay a ton of property taxes, but was not allowed to keep my NY permit since I surrendered my NY drivers license when I got a Florida one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top