Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 2:54:17 PM EDT
I know I do, and it would appear that most of the racist members of the board do too.
I often expect gunowners to be as anti-"govt. impact in your life" as I am.  I don't want to be stopped for a random DUI search, I don't want my right to own a pittbull infringed, I don't want someone else's right to smoke weed to be infringed, etc.  I am often surprised when others don't agree with me.
I find that most of the racists are often amazed when someone here disagrees with them.  of course, I then get amazed when I post simple facts of a racial nature and get labeled racist, as I expect others to be as open to an intellectual discussion about race as I am.
I notice too that I get alot of grief if I bag on Rush, or any of the other ultra-conservative, pro-big-business looter false-idols.  So it must surprise some of you that I wouldn't agree with what the prophets have to say.

Just an interesting phenomena that I've observed, thought I'd see what ya'll think
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I expect my fellow politically aware gun owners to be generally in agreement with me on issues that directly concern the right to keep and bear arms, but beyond that pretty much anything goes.  If we allow wedges to be driven between us because of differing attitudes on any other issue that makes us easier to defeat.

We have to set those differences aside, and IMO it's the responsibility of each of us as individuals to decide whether or not we are CAPABLE of discussing a particular issue in a calm, rational manner and to voluntarily withhold ourselves from the conversation if we can't.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Before I started using this board, I might have been more likely to make that assumption.

The only truly universal belief here (other than the rare troll), is the belief in the RKBA. On any other subject, opinions seem to run in a very WIDE range.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I consider myself to be fairly well informed and reasonably smart. I find it VERY difficult to believe that all people don't have the same ideas and moral judgment as I do. Needless to say I get really upset around stupid people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
i don't expect y'all to think like me.  but i have a sneaking suspicion that i would like a lot of you in person, if for no other reason than you love life and would fight for it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no way every gun-owner will agree with one another.

That is impossible.

I was in a gun shop once buying an Bushy. There was one other fella in there and I struck up a conversation. I told him I was buying that Bushy up on the rack there. He looked at me as if I was going to anally rape his prized Schnauzer with it. He was so disgusted with the thought of someone actually wanting one of those evil black rifle's that I bought two...lol

So, that taught me a lesson to not open up to strangers, including someone in a gun-shop you assume thinks as you do, cause they may just not.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I consider myself to be fairly well informed and reasonably smart. I find it VERY difficult to believe that all people don't have the same ideas and moral judgment as I do. Needless to say I get really upset around stupid people.
View Quote

Mom, is that you?

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Nobody thinks like me.

I'm' a common-sense, racist, homophobic, neo-conservative, rational, ignorant, republicratic, misogynistic, hardline, hypocritical, reasonable, America-loving, conservative, Bible-thumping, narrow-minded, milquetoast, xenophobic, intelligent, goose-stepping, intolerant, gun-toting fool who is the whole reason this nation is going downhill.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I am never shocked when someone has views that differ from mine - save RKBA.

I do, however, envision my fellow members to be clones of me just with different views unless I know what the other member(s) look like.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
after almost 1000 posts here, im pretty sure that there are about 3 people that i havent argued with yet...............maybe.

that being said, there are very damned few of you that i wouldnt drink a beer with and shoot the shit.

i'll be at gunstock if anybody wants to take me up on it!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell no.  I've seen enough to know that human beings are the only species capable of holding three mutually exclusive beliefs as gospel, before breakfast.

I don't try to understand it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not entirely convinced that all think, let alone think like me.  In fact I'ld be willing to bet that a bunch don't think unless they absolutely have to and are saving their brains for the SHTF (or ??) while trying not to put any wear and tear on the grey matter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
after almost 1000 posts here, im pretty sure that there are about 3 people that i havent argued with yet...............maybe.
View Quote

You haven't given me the pleasure of argument yet.....Did I mention I hate Texas and Nascar?[;)]

Edited to add:  I don't expect anyone to think like me, though it would be nice if they did.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nobody thinks like me.

I'm' a common-sense, racist, homophobic, neo-conservative, rational, ignorant, republicratic, misogynistic, hardline, hypocritical, reasonable, America-loving, conservative, Bible-thumping, narrow-minded, milquetoast, xenophobic, intelligent, goose-stepping, intolerant, gun-toting fool who is the whole reason this nation is going downhill.

View Quote

I thought he almost described me for a second. Except Im not homophobic, Im not scared of them, I dont fuckin like them. Im only scared of needles. Nothing else. I am not milquetoast either.

Think like me?

Im a Republican- Ron, Newt, Rush & GW are flaming liberals who claim my party affiliation.

Im religious- Zealots dont think like me.

Im as proRKBA as they come- I dont even like the NRA neogotiating my [b]Creator Endowed Rights[/b] away.

Im Black- I think Jackson is whats wrong with he Black Church, Sharpton is whats wrong with the perm & jogging suits.

Im grew up in Ohio & live in Seattle- I carry a gun [;)]

I think its safe to say a lot of assumptions are based in sand.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#18]
God, I hope not.
AB
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#19]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You haven't given me the pleasure of argument yet.....Did I mention I hate Texas and Nascar?
View Quote

shit, now im down to 2
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
After being on this site for a few years, I would never assume two people would think same way about anything.[:)]

I think several people assume [i]everyone[/i] thinks the same way they do. These people are usually easy to spot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
God, I hope not.
AB
View Quote

Ditto jumping hesus johosafat,hope you ain't like me!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#22]
The only thing I can safely assume is that all guns will be banned.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Assume all you want,the way things are going it may be well mandated that all Americans own and be prolific with said firearm!

Much like the Swiss!

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The only thing I can safely assume is that all guns [red]will be[/red] banned.
View Quote
[size=1]Pssst... they already are. Shhhhh... it's a secret. [/size=1]

[<]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Once a long time ago. Not anymore.

Much like any other inanimate object, guns don't make you smart. Hell communists had guns and look what they did to themselves.

Gun are just one part of a "free man's" existence. We own cars too, but we don't expect all car owners to think like us.

There are in fact, people who think in almost exact opposite terms as "us" and arm themselves accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#26]
No, I know that most gun owners don't think like me, unfortunately.

As military rifle enthusiasts, we're outcasts among the gun owning community in general. I've met FAR more people at the range with a deer gun or black powder rifle who gave me dirty looks for owning an AK than people who've shared similar views as me.

Most gun owners don't really care about RKBA, or really know why it's important. They care about their duck guns, and that's it. If Brady wants to screw military rifle enthusiasts, they don't care. Hell, half of them probably think they should be banned anyway - "You can't hunt with an AK" "What do you need THAT for?".

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Maybe when I was younger.

I've been around too long at AR15 to believe that ever again.

And while I hope that we can remain unified to fight off the anti's from total banning and confiscation, I know that on some issues, some gun owners are "the enemy".

Natural, but still sad to me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
God, I hope not.
AB
View Quote

Ditto jumping hesus johosafat,hope you ain't like me!

View Quote

I'm like ALL of you. You just haven't realised it yet. [:D]
AB
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know I do, and it would appear that most of the racist members of the board do too.
I often expect gunowners to be as anti-"govt. impact in your life" as I am.  I don't want to be stopped for a random DUI search, I don't want my right to own a pittbull infringed, I don't want someone else's right to smoke weed to be infringed, etc.  I am often surprised when others don't agree with me.
I find that most of the racists are often amazed when someone here disagrees with them.  of course, I then get amazed when I post simple facts of a racial nature and get labeled racist, as I expect others to be as open to an intellectual discussion about race as I am.
I notice too that I get alot of grief if I bag on Rush, or any of the other ultra-conservative, pro-big-business looter false-idols.  So it must surprise some of you that I wouldn't agree with what the prophets have to say.

Just an interesting phenomena that I've observed, thought I'd see what ya'll think
View Quote

Couldn't agree more. I am VERY careful who I call "Brother".
I sometimes think the only part of the Constitution some here have read, is the Second Amendment, and THAT, not very well!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I vote for whoever the NY Times endorses. I call my therapist before making any decisions. Cosmos picks my wardrobe, Martha picks my household furnishings, my children pick our pets, and my husband does the grocery shopping. I follow my health care provider's instructions to the letter. I had my mechanic install a governor on my car's carburetor, and a paver install speed bumps on our driveway. I don't keep any poisons or toxic cleaners my house, and naturally I wouldn't think of having a gun available here, either.

I know I'm an adult and all that, but I just don't trust myself.

Good thing my students do, eh?

Sally, school teacher
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#32]
yes...while I know that just about all of us disagree with everyone else on various things..I do like that when the dust has settled, everyone here are still basically friends.  I really appreciate that most people here can actually seperate the issues from the person, and realize that it is more important that we remember the bonds that tie us together instead of the periphery stuff that could tear us apart.

I would be happy to have a drink with y'all here.  I'll be at Gunstock....see you there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top