BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 11:09:51 PM EDT
[url]http://www.newsnet5.com/news/1587122/detail.html[/url]
[b]Man Heads To Prison For Punching Police Dog[/b]
[i]Incident Stemmed From Domestic Situation[/i]

POSTED: 5:31 p.m. EDT July 31, 2002

AKRON, Ohio -- A Summit County man was sentenced Wednesday for assaulting a police dog.

NewsChannel5's Jonathan Costen reported that the incident stems from a domestic situation in May.

Officials said that Robert Dulabhan's daughter called police when she learned her father had a gun.

Apparently, when officers came to arrest the man, the police dog bit Dulabhan, 57, on the head. The dog was ordered to release his hold, and that's when Dulabhan punched the dog in the nose.

In June, Dulabhan pleaded guilty to assaulting the dog.

On Wednesday, Dulabhan learned not to hurt man's best friend, especially if it's the friend of a police officer.
Assaulting a police dog is a fourth-degree felony, and it carries a sentence of up to one year in prison.

That's exactly the sentence Dulabhan received Wednesday for slugging the police dog -- one year behind bars.

"The assault was toward a canine officer," Judge Mary Spicer said. "An officer is an officer, whether they have two legs or whether they have four legs."
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
A police dog is considered an officer of the law, so yeah, it's a felony and you get all the good stuff that comes with it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would he be arrested or even attacked by a police dog for having a gun? Furthermore, why would a daughter call the cops on her father for having a gun? The lack of details here stinks to high heaven of a cover up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
All I know is if a police dog ever attacks me, then it is off to jail, because I am gonna try my damndest to kill the SOB.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why would he be arrested or even attacked by a police dog for having a gun? Furthermore, why would a daughter call the cops on her father for having a gun? The lack of details here stinks to high heaven of a cover up.
View Quote

You are right about the details.  The story sure is short on them.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.[/b]

Eventually you'll break one of their Draconian laws and the Feds will knock on your door and cart off your guns because you got in a bar fight 20yrs ago or because you called a mugger a "ni@@er" once or because you got a DUI 20yrs ago or because you signed your "standard" divorce papers or because you punched a police dog.

[b]Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.

House-by-house, slowly but surely, one gun-owner at at time.[/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top