Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2003 5:00:09 AM EDT
Besides things where it's a requirement, like a stripper has to be female.  I'm talking about total abuses of affirmative action or white guilt.  Does the person know it and/or flaunt it?
I have a coworker that is a female, black, hispanic.  My boss has tried to fire her, only to be told by HIS bosses that he can't because she's a female black hispanic.  She pretty much knows she's written her own ticket and doesn't do shit around here.  I'm not sure how she'd react when/if I finally lose it and call her on it.
What's ironic in this case is that she really could milk this to get ahead, but she's already made it pretty clear that she just wants to stay doing what she's doing.  No drive to get promoted whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Not currently, but at my last company there was a black woman who couldn't add a simple list of figures who nonetheless had been promoted to the level of Group Leader over 20 years of employment, simply because no one wanted to deal with firing a black female.

When the company closed the plant down, guess whose enjoyable job it became to determine who would go first, and guess who had to prepare a package for her that would prevent the stupid bitch from suing?

I'll tell you this: She couldn't count as hoigh as the check she got.

BTW, I AM NOT EXAGERATING ONE IOTA. The bitch was as dumb as Georgia sandstone....
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#2]
everyone who works for Mecklenburg coutny in NC.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I am currently "abusing" the "system".  How?  Those who know me are well aware I am Saxon-likie Middle European male.  So How is this again?

The agency I work for (or through) is a minority-owned business and just because of that, I am selected above contractors represented by non-minority owned firms.

Its called a loophole.  Get over it.  Its a natural response to a dumb law.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
When I worked for Broward County, FL there was this grossly overweight black woman who didn't do shit.  She injured her back, a minor injury, and then didn't come to work again for 6 months.  She had her phone changed so none of the bosses could get a hold of her.  The doctors notes said she was fine like 4 months before that.

She basically went 4 months, in good health, without contacting her employer, and still had a job when she came back.

Hands down, it was because she was black.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get over it?  Attitudes like that are exactly what's wrong with this country.  Your willingness to not only tolerate immoral activity, but to profit from it as well is disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
This sounds kind of bizarre, but I have an acquaintence who works as a black washroom attendant in the men's restroom at a nightclub in downtown San Diego.  The first time I went in there to take a leak it made me REAL uncomfortable because the last time I had seen a black washroom attendant was at a train station in Kansas City in about 1961.  I was three years old and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

The guy in the San Diego club makes beaucoup bucks on tips, probably because of latent white guilt.  He sqirts soap on your hands, then hands you a clean paper towel when you're done washing up.  I think his REAL purpose is security.  Nobody ever trashes that restroom.

[peep]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think his REAL purpose is security.  Nobody ever trashes that restroom.
[peep]
View Quote

I think you're right.  There's bars in downtown Ft. Lauderdale & Hollywood FL that have the same thing.  I always figured they were there to keep an eye on things as well, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I know a few, but more interestingly, I know a guy that has kept his job because he's so overweight.  That's right, because he's so fat, his boss is afraid to fire him.  He works at the counter at the post office, and he can't physically do the job.  He can barely reach the terminal to type, and he can't reach across the counter to pickup packages or take money.  The postmaster there said he's wanted to fire the guy for years, but since he's over 400#, the post office is afraid of a lawsuit since they've lost "weight discrimination" ones before.  Instead the customers have to suffer with a rude and lazy idiot.  It's ridiculous when you go to pick-up your mail, and you're told to come back later since the guy at the counter can't reach down to get it out of a box.  The guy also eats while working.  I've seen him get ketchup and grease all over letters and cash.  If the average postal worker used profanity, damaged mail, and didn't work, they would have been long gone.  Instead, this guy still gets paid.z
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
90% of local county state and federal govt
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I know of a few women who really should be fired, but haven't been.  I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure that at least one of them hasn't been fired because she is a woman over the age of 45.

I do have a story that goes the other way though.  The last time I was unemployed, my roommate was in the same position.  He has a very American name, and I have a Middle Eastern name.

We both had the exact same jobs in IT (this was in 1998).  We both sent about 30 resumes out, pretty much to the same companies and at the same time.

Care to guess what the results were?  He got around 25 responses, and I got 3.  He ended up getting a job, while it tooks me a few more months.

But it gets better.  A friend of mine worked for a contracting/consulting company and had a pretty good working relationship with the head recruiter.  He calls me and tells me to send this guy my resume, and that I'd get a call back in a day or two.  Four days later, my friend calls to see what the result was.  I told him that nobody called me, so he hung up with me and called the recruiter to see what was going on.  The recruiter threw my resume away because he didn't want to deal with a "foreigner" or "someone who couldn't communicate well", etc.

My friend told him to call me into an interview and make the decision after that.  He agreed, and I interviewed, at which time he learned that I was born and raised in VA but am of Middle Eastern descent.  He had an unusual name and olive skin, so I asked him where he was from.  Now keep in mind, that he is the one who trshed my resume.

He was Lebanese.

I wanted to tell them to f**k off and walk right out the door.  But then I thought about it.  I can't help how I was born, or what my heritage is.  And I'm sure as hell not going to change my name.  If that means I have to work a little harder, then so be it.  There's no sense whining about it (although I did get pretty pissed).  Some people have much greater adversity to overcome than me.

I figured I'd be better off busting my tail and showing them their potential mistake.  I ended up getting hired by the company they placed me in and am still here two promotions later.  This worked better for me than sitting around unemployed and bitching about "the man".

Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#11]
You think your situation is pathetic now.  Wait till they get so sick of her that they promote her just to get her out of your division or branch.  

I worked for the government and saw this happen all the frigging time.  Not just to minorities but to IDIOTS of which there are many in all races, creeds and colors.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know a few, but more interestingly, I know a guy that has kept his job because he's so overweight.  That's right, because he's so fat, his boss is afraid to fire him.  He works at the counter at the post office, and he can't physically do the job.  He can barely reach the terminal to type, and he can't reach across the counter to pickup packages or take money.  The postmaster there said he's wanted to fire the guy for years, but since he's over 400#, the post office is afraid of a lawsuit since they've lost "weight discrimination" ones before.  Instead the customers have to suffer with a rude and lazy idiot.  It's ridiculous when you go to pick-up your mail, and you're told to come back later since the guy at the counter can't reach down to get it out of a box.  The guy also eats while working.  I've seen him get ketchup and grease all over letters and cash.  If the average postal worker used profanity, damaged mail, and didn't work, they would have been long gone.  Instead, this guy still gets paid.z
View Quote

This guy would be easy to get rid of if he worked for me.  It would take 6 months of paperwork to do it, but none of it would hae anything (directly) to do with his weight.  There are avenues available, but most managers/supervisors don't have:

a. The balls.
b. The knowledge
c. The time

To look into how to get rid of or make dead weight (no pun intended) fly right.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a Civil Servant. What do you think?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I've started checking "Hispanic" on all my apps, and it's made all the difference.

I was accepted into a Federal program that has a 15/1 application to acceptance ratio- I was accepted into other places where I otherwise had a hard time getting admitted into...

It's made all the difference, and I am not being sarcastic, or a smart ass here.
I am dead serious.
I am now officially "Hispanic" in the eyes of Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Get over it?  Attitudes like that are exactly what's wrong with this country.  Your willingness to not only tolerate immoral activity, but to profit from it as well is disgusting.
View Quote

Whaaaa!  I hear someone crying.  Could it be Ann Richards, former uber-liberal Governor of this state who was instrumental in getting this stupid law passed?  

She did more to harm this state than any other governor despite the political figurehead this position normally is.  Like the "tax" on lead-acid storage batteries.  This tax did NOTHING to promote recycling and a saavy retailer of these batteries suggested I send my old ones to the Governor's mansion for disposal.

Another of her brainchilds was the lottery.  It started out as a pick 6 out of 50 with odds of one in 15,890,700.  Now its pick 5 out of 44 plus bonus of one out of 44 for a combined odds of one in 47,784,352.  Nice move and they wonder why its going downhill.

Why do I illustrate the former Governor?  Because that cvnt got her job based on her gender.  I hope she has gone back to drinking.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Whaaaa!  I hear someone crying.  Could it be Ann Richards, former uber-liberal Governor of this state who was instrumental in getting this stupid law passed?  

She did more to harm this state than any other governor despite the political figurehead this position normally is.  Like the "tax" on lead-acid storage batteries.  This tax did NOTHING to promote recycling and a saavy retailer of these batteries suggested I send my old ones to the Governor's mansion for disposal.

Another of her brainchilds was the lottery.  It started out as a pick 6 out of 50 with odds of one in 15,890,700.  Now its pick 5 out of 44 plus bonus of one out of 44 for a combined odds of one in 47,784,352.  Nice move and they wonder why its going downhill.

Why do I illustrate the former Governor?  Because that cvnt got her job based on her gender.  I hope she has gone back to drinking.
View Quote

So, because it's now legal for me to act like a piece of shit, I'm going to do so?  I don't buy that argument.

It just goes to show that "conservative" or "liberal", most people are just opportunistic garbage that will take any and all opportunity to further themselves, regardless of whether they have to stomp on someone more qualified than themselves or not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got laid off from an entity that prides itself on diversity...48% minority...in one section which has 30 or so employees, there is 1 male...and he's arguably Hispanic.  I'm all for diversity, but 4 times the norm?  You guys do the math!  

I worked there for a year and a half...and I can tell you, everything you've heard about the government PALES in comparison to the truth. This agency is full of people who only have their job to fill the head cheese's idea of a utopian society...qualifications and competence have NOTHING to do with it.  People are promoted sooner or later just because they've been there long enough, and to not promote them would cause a stink because they're female, black, or both.  

Now, let me say the hardest working man in this organization is a black man...and he says the same thing!  

I could tell you dozens of stories about this place, but ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, the BBC, The Washington Post, the Washington Times, and the Wall Street Journal have all beaten me to it over the last month or so hehehe.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I have spent most of my life either working for the government or universities.  Both are full of affirmative action hires or promotions, and most of those affirmative action hires are worthless, though a few work out.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I know  a manager[;D] in an aerospace company that was told to hire blacks and/or women. [s]We[/s]they now have a 33% female workforce.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#20]
In Florida, nahhhhh never happen.

And even though they are 100% oppossed to it, I'm sure they could all pass the FCAT. They are just deliberately failing it 5 times in a row with scores of below 40% as a act of protest.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I do not work at Carters Country because I am NOT a Female.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And even though they are 100% oppossed to it, I'm sure they could all pass the FCAT. They are just deliberately failing it 5 times in a row with scores of below 40% as a act of protest.
View Quote

c'mon steyr, we all know the test is racially biased [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

[lol]

Ain't it the truth? Man, if one of MY daughters came home and told me she was going to protest the FCAT, I'd smack her so hard her head would still be spinning when she sat down to take the damned test.

If those losers wasted as much time studying as they do looking for free handouts or special treatment, they wouldn't NEED free handouts or special treatment!

Sorry, but this $hit pisses me off! [pissed]

Of course, now the Net Nazis will call me a racist for speaking the truth...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, I saw someone get a job that they were not really qualified for based on race/gender.  The company I work for is "commited to empowering a diverse workforce".  In the meeting to decide if we should hire her, the directior of our division said "we don't see applicants liek her very often.  We have to hire her."  The procedded to go out of their way to get her to accept.

As a side note, this person bacme a very good friend.  I just think that it demeaned both our group and her by giving her the offer based on race and not qualifications.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I got hired because I put on my app that I was a gay, black female, Jewish, native american disabled war vet.

The reason they still employ me is because they've seen a pic of the SEC and they're afraid of getting sued.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[lol]

Ain't it the truth? Man, if one of MY daughters came home and told me she was going to protest the FCAT, I'd smack her so hard her head would still be spinning when she sat down to take the damned test.

If those losers wasted as much time studying as they do looking for free handouts or special treatment, they wouldn't NEED free handouts or special treatment!

Sorry, but this $hit pisses me off! [pissed]

Of course, now the Net Nazis will call me a racist for speaking the truth...
View Quote

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We aren't allowed to say that.
We have to pretend they are our "equals"....
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
90% of local county state and federal govt
View Quote

I agree, but your number may be a little low.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Do you know anyone who has their job for racial/gender reasons?
View Quote

Are you kidding? I live in Madison, WI. Ever hear of Fire Chief Debra Amesqua??? She's been the chief here for years and years, but doesn't know what apparatus is at what station, and still sometimes has to call dispatch to get directions to a station.

Then there is our african-American police chief who "hid" his Glock IN THE OVEN, then pre-heated it, capping off a AD.

Who the f**k "hides" a firearm in the oven???

And don't even get me started on Gene Parks, our former affirmative action officer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#30]

The city of Houston is blessed to have a guy like Jim McIngvale aka Mattress Mac, owner of Gallery Furniture and Westside Tennis Club. Although he is very good friends with President Bush Sr., he is also very active in the community, and has done alot to rebuild this city. He has hired alot of ex-football players who have ruined their careers with drugs or whatever, and gave them another shot at life by giving them a job. I guess this is more of a positive story.......
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#31]
We have this woman in our shop at work (mechanics), she has NO MECHANICAL SKILLS
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#32]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11981[/img]

A shining example.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, because it's now legal for me to act like a piece of shit, I'm going to do so?  I don't buy that argument.

It just goes to show that "conservative" or "liberal", most people are just opportunistic garbage that will take any and all opportunity to further themselves, regardless of whether they have to stomp on someone more qualified than themselves or not.
View Quote

Yes, I was wrong for taking a contract job being offered by a minority owned consulting company.  That is why I tendered my 2-week's notice.  Unfortunately, I cannot go on unemployment so please donate for my survival.

Its wrong to work with a corrupt system and its uber wrong to try to work around a corrupt system.  

If I cannot find work, I will move to Montana, build me a 10' square cabin and start my mail order business.  

And if you didn't see it, there is a shipload of sarcasm above.  I only hope Norman is also being sarcastic. If he isn't, fvck him and feed him fish heads.  

On the HUB program, I kid you not, this law was in effect for ALL state agencies.  In it, there was a clause "if identical goods or services are available from two or more suppliers, you should always select the HUB even if the price is higher".
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#35]
my GF works at a library and one of her bosses is a lesbian..out of all the applicants for a new job she hired a deaf girl who in a 4 hour shift took approx and hour and a halfs worth of breaks..as well as not really doing anything.
needless to say i have made numerous jokes about diversity to my GF.

we had posters put up at the company i used to work for and they had about 4 people on them, asian, black, women..one guy.  there weren't any white males on it..i made a crack about the only guy and he's probably gay..
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I always mark the Native American/other box when I fill out applications.  I don't mind being the quota.    

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I cannot go on unemployment so please donate for my survival.
View Quote

Read my sigline and figure out if you'll get one red cent from me.
And if you didn't see it, there is a shipload of sarcasm above.  I only hope Norman is also being sarcastic. If he isn't, fvck him and feed him fish heads.  
View Quote

Well, come on and fuck me then big boy, but I'll bet you can't do it without a black woman holding your hand, since you apparently can't get a job without that either.

So reading between the lines here, you're just as bad as "them".  You aren't any good at what you do, so you choose to take advantage of government programs that REWARD ineptitude.  Rationalize it all you want, I don't blame you, most people would do the same in your shoes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Koffei Annan (sp?) and the NY Times. How comes when people make it on merit like Colin Powell, Condolezza Rice, and any other minority Republicans, they are called Uncle Tom's by the reds/lefts?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#40]
After graduating college with a 3.75 gpa, I applied for the DPS. The recruiter told me that everything looked good but I would not be able to get hired on during  that rotation because they were going to hire as close to 100% minorities as possible.

I told the recruiter that was the biggest bunch of BULLSHIT I had ever heard of. And asked him how they justified such actions.

"What if you got in a car wreck on the way home, and the paramedic was a retarted dumb ass who got his job, not on merits, but by color. You would not be getting the best possible care"

He acted like he could not see my point. I never went back. Went elsewhere to places with less RACIST HIRING PRACTICES.

MY parents were not SLAVE owners, They were POOR cotton farmers themselves. This Really hits a nerve with me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I was being recruited by a BIG accounting firm last year along with 4 other students in my class. They told us that they had 3 openings and wanted to fill them with grads from our class. Out of the five of us there were 3 females & 2 males. The females got all of the offers. Me and this other guy were passed over at the last red hot second because we were not in possession of indoor plumbing (translation-we can't hire you because you have penises, it would upset corporate diversity blueprints, um kay!). I had this confirmed to me by 2 of the females that were hired, a manager who was an alumnist, and also by someone a few classes ahead of us who worked in this office. F'ing BS!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, come on and fuck me then big boy, but I'll bet you can't do it without a black woman holding your hand, since you apparently can't get a job without that either.

So reading between the lines here, you're just as bad as "them".  You aren't any good at what you do, so you choose to take advantage of government programs that REWARD ineptitude.  Rationalize it all you want, I don't blame you, most people would do the same in your shoes.
View Quote

Spare me the damn judgment.  How can you make a judgment of what my abilities are?  And why I was layed off?  You have some mighty big balls for a snowbird living in G-d's waiting room.

For your information, its called downsizing and LIFO, that's Last In, First Out.  Has nothing to do with ability as the person who made the decisions only looked at tenure with the company and I was under 5 years.  

The economy has been depressed in Texas with falling oil prices since the middle 1990's and then the dot com crunch hit Austin hard.  San Antonio is one ray of sunshine but Toyota won't be hiring until 2004.

The company I am working for has a "approved vendor" list, I am just a "product" being sold to this company.  It just so happens a minority is "selling" me.  I am the second one he has placed.

And there was an implied "you" in there.  Go take your needle dick and fvck yourself.  Why would my contract be renewed if I were inept?  Hint, its based on my PERFORMANCE, not because some minority got me my job.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Spare me the damn judgment.  How can you make a judgment of what my abilities are?  And why I was layed off?  You have some mighty big balls for a snowbird living in G-d's waiting room.
View Quote

and how can you make any judgement about where I'm from?  I'm a born and bred Floridian, lived here all my life, and I'm from the REAL Florida, not the shithole South Florida that I happen to reside in now.  Snowbirds are carpetbaggers that come down for the winter.  Which, incidentally, the season is over and the yankee scum have all gone home.

For your information, its called downsizing and LIFO, that's Last In, First Out.  Has nothing to do with ability as the person who made the decisions only looked at tenure with the company and I was under 5 years.  

The economy has been depressed in Texas with falling oil prices since the middle 1990's and then the dot com crunch hit Austin hard.  San Antonio is one ray of sunshine but Toyota won't be hiring until 2004.

The company I am working for has a "approved vendor" list, I am just a "product" being sold to this company.  It just so happens a minority is "selling" me.  I am the second one he has placed.

And there was an implied "you" in there.  Go take your needle dick and fvck yourself.  
View Quote

B-O-O-H-O-O
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

and how can you make any judgement about where I'm from?  I'm a born and bred Floridian, lived here all my life, and I'm from the REAL Florida, not the shithole South Florida that I happen to reside in now.  Snowbirds are carpetbaggers that come down for the winter.  Which, incidentally, the season is over and the yankee scum have all gone home.

B-O-O-H-O-O
View Quote

So you are from Fvcking Lower Alabama.  And not a snowbird.  My mistake.  Too bad, you painted me as an ability-deficient individual of which I am definitely NOT!  I guess it matters not that I could have taken a lower-paying job somewhere else.  So blame me for being "greedy".

The fact of the matter is these laws, despite their noble intentions, are not infailable.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The fact of the matter is these laws, despite their noble intentions, are not infailable.  
View Quote

Don't get confused.  I'm not bitching because you're taking some deserving black person's job.  I'm bitching because the company you work for is taking some hard working person's job.
I hate affirmative action, and actually think that it's more racist that the biggest klan meeting ever.  The idea that blacks CAN'T get ahead without help is pathetic.  The sad thing is that until they are forced to get ahead based purely on merits they will always need the affirmative action.
From a racist point of view, affirmative action ain't all that bad, since they will never get above whatever quota they fill as long as the quota exists.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Chimborazo

He was Lebanese.
View Quote

I thought you had to be a woman to be one of them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Law firm I used to be at hired a stone stupid black guy because our racial diversity was zero before that.

He was so dumb...I can't even think what the clients thought who got stuck with him. A friend took 6 months to teach him how to evict people from our government client's section 8 and 42 housing, and he still screwed it up badly even after all that. He is still there, still working hard, still (I hear 5th hand)  screwing up everything.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I work for the USPS. If only the rest of the world understood the level of incompetence...
Yeah, I know you other civil servants see it also but damn, the USPS is like the ATFE of civil service. Can't read? become a mail carrier. Have a drinking or drug problem? Become a janitor. Have serious personality problems? become a supervisor.
My opinion of it all is that the USPS fills the quota for a very large chunk of the federal goverment and as such we get the real winners.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I work for the USPS. If only the rest of the world understood the level of incompetence...
Yeah, I know you other civil servants see it also but damn, the USPS is like the ATFE of civil service. Can't read? become a mail carrier. Have a drinking or drug problem? Become a janitor. Have serious personality problems? become a supervisor.
My opinion of it all is that the USPS fills the quota for a very large chunk of the federal goverment and as such we get the real winners.
View Quote

GaryM...read my post...see if you can guess where I worked hehehe.  (As a contractor, not a government employee, unfortunately!)Trust me, I've seen everything you have my friend.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top