Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
I was just wondering if police keep track of the warnings they give out. Like if a cop pulls you over and gives you a warning, and then another cop pulls you over will that cop know that you have already been given a warning?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Big Brother never forgets.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like you....

"have been"

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Depends.  (Here) The vehicle stop is logged and the final disposition is in the computer with your plate.  

Same here. Doesn't mean we will actually remember or know about it though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
GREAT question.  Since getting my CHL, I've been pulled over numerous times, but I've never even gotten a written warning, but I was still wondering if the stop is recorded somehow.  Wouldn't seem unlikely now in the day of the computer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#7]
My department keeps written warnings on file for six months.  In the Peoples Republic of Illinois we are not allowed to give verbal warnings anymore.  We have to document every stop so Gov. Blago can go after us for racial profiling.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Every stop is recorded.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My department keeps written warnings on file for six months.  In the Peoples Republic of Illinois we are not allowed to give verbal warnings anymore.  We have to document every stop so Gov. Blago can go after us for racial profiling.

Same here. It's actually easier and quicker to give you a ticket instead of a warning because of all the racial profiling documentation BS.

BTW:  We can't call it "racial profiling" amymore.  It's officially "bias based profiling" now.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#10]
All of ours, written or verbal get logged in our CAD system.  When I do a stop it comes up when I run the tag or the driver.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
"bias based profiling"

That would describe pretty much every Def Comedy Jam as well!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#12]
When we stop a car and run a license the dispatcher attaches the license information to the complaint card, and then when we clear the stop we can tell the dispatcher to clear it 5204 speed(warning for speed) then it is right on the complaint card.  So next time you are stopped in my county, b/c we all use regional dispatch it will show you were warned say in may of 2006 for speed in a certain town.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here. It's actually easier and quicker to give you a ticket instead of a warning because of all the racial profiling documentation BS.

BTW:  We can't call it "racial profiling" amymore.  It's officially "bias based profiling" now.

Oh brother!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I refuse to clear my stops RUPS (race unknown prior to stop), which seemed to be in vogue here for awhile.  

That's like clearing DVCR (did not violate constitutional rights).

I guess I need to get my eyes checked since I can't tell what race a driver is until I actually make the stop.....

Brian
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was just wondering if police keep track of the warnings they give out. Like if a cop pulls you over and gives you a warning, and then another cop pulls you over will that cop know that you have already been given a warning?

They sure do. It goes in your Permanent Record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top