Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:13:29 PM EDT
I tend to listen to them both and although they never say it directly they throw shots at each other.

Levin will say things like i could talk about what i've had for dinner and what i fed my dog but i dont. Savage does that quite a bit and talks about his dog Teddy.

Savage says i could go on and spout the Constitution and the founding fathers, but i dont, i want an interesting show he often says.

Levin, through the years i have listened to him has never mentioned Savage but talks about everyone else.

Savage rarely mentions others when he talks about his share of radio listeners but never mentions Levin.

What happened between those two? I missed it somehow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Savage took Sean Hannitys radio slot here. He calls him something like Harvey Wallbanger.

I don't like either one of them. I don't like Levin either though that guy needs to try some decaf.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Argument over who's more painful to listen to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never listened to Levin.  But Savage is pretty hard to tolerate.  Honestly, I can't believe he hasn't offed himself yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Levin is a legit Constitutional scholar.

Savage has a doctorate in nutrition or something and thinks he's God's gift to radio.  He can't go thirty seconds without saying "I", "me", or "my".

Levin is passionate but also intelligent.  He is pretty short with callers a lot of the time but to be fair, a lot of callers are really bad at making any significant point.  I can easily listen to Levin for hours.  Savage I usually can't even leave him on until the next commercial break.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont like either one, but Levin's voice annoys the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

When i first came to Levin i thought the same thing, but he spoke best and i soon put him into the listening list.

I still wonder about his voice but love his knowledge.

thats all fine and dandy but what was their fallout? Nobody knows?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Voices aside, Savage is a pompous douchebag who is often flat wrong about whatever topic he's speaking on.  He went off the radio for awhile and when he came back, seems to be indulging the conspiracy theory types more.  I suspect he's just playing "conservative".

It's unfortunate you can't tolerate Levin's voice because he seems to be the most well versed of all the radio hosts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Savage has a doctorate in nutrition or something and thinks he's God's gift to radio.  He can't go thirty seconds without saying "I", "me", or "my".

Levin is passionate but also intelligent.  He is pretty short with callers a lot of the time but to be fair, a lot of callers are really bad at making any significant point.  I can easily listen to Levin for hours.  Savage I usually can't even leave him on until the next commercial break.
View Quote

This.  I used to listen to Savage every once in a while.  After he shot his mouth off for years about CAIR (then was taken to court by CAIR and is now following some non-disclosure agreement I think), he's now turned into just another mouth-breathing blowhard that prefaces everything he says with, "In my opinion..." or ends his sentences with, "...that's just my opinion."  Plus he's not particularly insightful.. His first book sucked and was superficial at best; I never read the others.

Levin is at least intelligent and actually knows his stuff.  I can listen for short periods.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Savage is boring.

Levin makes me feel like there's going to be a quiz during the commercial break.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]
savage is a fake conservative or whatever he claims he is

he is an eastern Liberal pretending to be some hard liners right wing guy

Levin and every other conservative talk show host and commentator knows that. Levin is more aggressive about it as he usually seems to be about everything
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Savage is boring.

Levin makes me feel like there's going to be a quiz during the commercial break.
View Quote

The only reason I turn Levin off because sometimes it's just too damn depressing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I have given up on talk radio.  
I,like Rush but am always at work.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
god I remember when i first heard Savage back in about 2000-2001 when he was I believe broadcasting out of upstate NY.  He sucked bad.  Constantly throwing out his handful of catchall phrases like red diaper doper babies poking fun at commies.  He was over the top, a schmuck blowhard conspiracy theorist.  

Of course in short order I came to the conclusion that he has no beliefs.  It's just an act for ratings and money.  He gives no thought to what he's spewing about.  He just shouts and rants.

I did catch him on satellite lately and he's toned down his ranting and conspiracy crap, BUT he's still a crappy con artist carny not worth my listening time.   In my opinion of course.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Levin > Savage

x87

I listen to both, and I catch the subtle stabbing back and fourth as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Savage is a libtard playing a role.

Levin is sincere in his beliefs.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've never listened to Levin.  But Savage is pretty hard to tolerate.  Honestly, I can't believe he hasn't offed himself yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Savage sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Dick measuring contest with one contestant- Savage.
Which makes him..........
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I think Savage's show is entertaining....

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#20]
They deserve each other.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Savage isn't liberal anymore, but he is a product of his environment
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Levin's topics seem to go above the head of a normal listener

Savage will talk about vaccines , nutrition, terrorism, and what he ate the night before.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...Savage is a pompous douchebag...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Savage is a pompous douchebag...

^ This

I've never listened to Levin before so I have no opinion about him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Voices aside, Savage is a pompous douchebag who is often flat wrong about whatever topic he's speaking on.  He went off the radio for awhile and when he came back, seems to be indulging the conspiracy theory types more.  I suspect he's just playing "conservative".

It's unfortunate you can't tolerate Levin's voice because he seems to be the most well versed of all the radio hosts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Savage is a leftist hack who figured out that, in radio, it's not profitable to be a leftist hack, but it is to be a conservative, so he plays the role of a conservative caricature.  He slips up from time to time and lets his inner lib show through, though, such as calling for bans on "high capacity drums" and such.

Fuck be upon him.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a half-step below Gilbert Godfried

ETA: I listen to Levin daily. He IS pretty short with a lot of callers, and his sudden flare-ups get a bit grating. Nonetheless the man is passionate about what he is getting out there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Savage can't get through one subject for more than a minute before derailing the subject about how great he is.  He literally never says anything about anything because it will always go to him and his education before he gets into the meat of the subject.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That, and Weiner isn't a conservative, he just plays one on the radio, poorly.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#28]

In a nutshell.....

Our local conservative talk station 870AM bumped Hugh Hewitt off the 3-6PM to the 6-9PM slot and gave drive time to Levin.

Levin is smart and a solid conservative but he's boring. There is more to life than politics 24-7.

Hewitt has interesting guests, talked about books and movies and other cultural and non-political issues.

He's 87x87 times more interesting than Levin and I still have not forgiven the damn station.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Savage is a leftist hack who figured out that, in radio, it's not profitable to be a leftist hack, but it is to be a conservative, so he plays the role of a conservative caricature.  He slips up from time to time and lets his inner lib show through, though, such as calling for bans on "high capacity drums" and such.

Fuck be upon him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck be upon him.

^^^ This..........

I don't think Savage would even still be on the air without his billionaire son's Rockstar Energy drink bucks..........

Levin is brilliant and the real deal (read his books)!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Savage took Sean Hannitys radio slot here. He calls him something like Harvey Wallbanger.

I don't like either one of them. I don't like Levin either though that guy needs to try some decaf.
View Quote

Levin is interesting enough to ignore that.   I can't deal with much of savage and his food/dog stories.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't Savage say some dumb shit along the lines of if you have a round in the chamber of your concealed carry piece you are a pschopathic murder on the verge of snapping around the time of Zim zam and Trayvon? He has that annoying New Yorker accent too. I've never managed more than a few minutes with him.

Levin is more intelligent. His voice is annoying, he indulges in the canned hunt thing by putting tarded callers on the air to crush them. He also makes mountains out of molehills sometimes. His show also depresses me so I rarely listen to it now.

John Bachelor beats both of them I love his show. But it's more of a news program with knowledgable guests who don't talk over one another like kindergarteners than talk radio. His voice is annoying too he sounds like a fairy but I've gotten used to it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

/Thread

TRG
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to be a hardcore Savage listener, then I really hated him for a while due to some of his comments. Then I realized that out of everyone I know personally, only one or two hold a very close approximation of my own beliefs and feelings so I can't really expect to agree with a radio host all the time. I listen to him now and then but don't go out of my way to do so. He's full of derp on guns sometimes, but overall he's a pretty smart guy and is spot-on on some things.

Levin, though, is about the only host I really listen to often. The guy is scary smart, has a slightly annoying voice (which means I hear everything he says), and, from what I can tell, is firmly on the side of freedom and the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#34]
That's right I said it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Savage isn''t worth listening to. Lavin has the best grounding on the Constitution of any of the radio talk show guys.

Lavin's handling of derp callers can be off putting, particularly to moderate listeners, but it is understandable why he has low tolerance for the trolls.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Mark Levin is the smartest man on the radio, period, in terms of liberty and what needs to happen in this country.

Those who don't listen to him are doing themselves a disservice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Savage seems jealous of any conservative talk show host whose audience equals or exceeds his. In my opinion thats why he has pet names for all of them (the hysteric, the golfer, etc.)

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Mark Levin is the smartest man on the radio, period, in terms of liberty and what needs to happen in this country.

View Quote

I absolutely hate the political radio shows like Rush, Beck, Savage,

Hannity, etc., but I listen to Levin's podcast every damn day.

It's frustrating though, because he is right & there is precious little any of us can do about it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Savage likes to swim nude with other men, particularly Alan Ginsburg.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't flat out call Savage a homo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's seen a wiener or two up close.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I wouldn't flat out call Savage a homo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's seen a wiener or two up close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be willing to say that I suspect he likes the taste and texture of penis.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Levin is the real deal. Intellegent, sincere, educated, passionate, correct. I just can't listen. Not because I don't like him or think he's full of shit. But because I just can't listen to the play by play of the country being dismantled by those with the means, power and ability to do so. I find it difficult to be informed and positive at the same time. I don't want to be pissed off all the time, knowing I can't do a thing about it..
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a lot of respect for Levin as he's a pretty sharp guy, but his voice annoys me to no end.

I've never been able to make it through one of Savage's programs. He makes no sense and constantly trails off. I can't figure out what the heck he is talking about half the time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Can't put up with either of them for very long. Levin sounds like a Batman villian.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't stand that liberal douchebag Savage.

Never had an opportunity to listen to Levin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fact
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Every fourth sentence from savage is either how well educated he is compared to others, or describing some family/personal event.  And the obsession with having more listeners than others gets old fast.

It is fine to talk about yourself, but finish the topic you started before the personal derail.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Michael Savage is a caricature and nothing more. A coward as well who insults handicapped kids then runs and hides for days.  They used to be competitors and the cheap shots got personal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Fact
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fact

Amen to that !
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top