Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:29:37 PM EDT
If you do, hurt yourself.  George Washington and James Madison would backhand you across your puling sniveling cock-craving mouth.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

See that part in red?  What part of it is difficult to understand?  We have allowed ourselves to become complacent and slippery-sloped, frog-boiled down the point where we are willing to "go along to get along" with certain restrictions, just so we can keep a few of them.

Every man-jack of us should have the right to tote full automatic SAW up and down the streets of our neighborhoods if we so desire.  It is time to push this shit back and knock the pendulum back in the right direction.

Zero tolerance.

Edit:  Okay, I  can't find the "Add Poll" option now. I will go hurt myself now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
NOT JUST NO.....FUCK NO
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck No!
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe if you are too dangerous to own a firearm, you are too dangerous to be free.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
what i support is that violent felons.  you know, the types that would be shot by us upstanding citizens, be allowed to own.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Please define "reasonable".

Are we talking Brady reasonable or AR15.com reasonable?

About the first "reasonable" firearm law that comes to mind is barring the sale of a firearm to violent convicted criminal (albeit they should still be locked up in jail but since we have a revolving door justice system some end up back in civilization).
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes.

Gunz iz baaaad.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Machine guns for all!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually do support gun laws that are designed to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons (rapists, murderers), yes.

However, I believe that we need just a few very strong laws along those lines, and that is all.  (No other gun control).
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
No I don't. I don't support any gun control laws. period.

Words like reasonable are a cancer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Reason and common sense tell me that I should be able to own any firearm I want.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
SAWS are heavy, dude

I'll just take a 3-pin lower since I'm a lazy bitch.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
TBC, I believe "reasonable" and "common sense" are buzz words used by progressive politicians and activist to lull us into compliance.

Much like Oshitstain's use of the phrases "make no mistake" and "let's be clear".
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Shall not be infringed?

Just using the words reasonable and common sense, destroys the 2nd amendment. Who says what is reasonable and or common sense?

Bare minimum we should have the ability to own automatic rifles like that of the SWISS.

BARE MINIMUM Modern military equivalent, like the SWISS.

I would support civilian ownership of any man portable weapons.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]
"Reasonable" is a highly subjective term.

Do you agree?

Who should we allow to decide what is "reasonable" for us?

Is there anyone other than yourself you trust with such subjective power to strip another of their rights?

If not then your answer should be no.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please define "reasonable".

Are we talking Brady reasonable or AR15.com reasonable?

About the first "reasonable" firearm law that comes to mind is barring the sale of a firearm to violent convicted criminal (albeit they should still be locked up in jail but since we have a revolving door justice system some end up back in civilization).

...And this is the million dollar question.  For the bonus round, who gets to define "reasonable"?  Is it hunters, law abiding citizens, the yahoo's who are elected my the same law abiding citizens or the special interest groups?

The inherent flaw is that reasonable is a subjective term.  Not just with guns but anything that you deem "reasonable" is subject to question by another.  I've got to hand it to whomever got "reasonable firearm laws" into the common language for discussion.  Now that the door is open, anything is possible
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
what if you are convicted of a violent felony at age 18, protecting your girl or something and clean yourself up and live a life of hard work and noble behavior. Certain inalienable rights I as a fellow man do not have the right to take from another man.

Fucking out of the question.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shall not be infringed?

Just using the words reasonable and common sense, destorys the 2nd ammendment. Who says what is reasonable and or common sense?

Bare minium we shoudl have the ability to own atuomatic rifles like that of the SWISS.

BARE MINIMUM Modern military equivilent, like the SWISS.
http://www.swissrifles.com/sig550.jpg

I would support civilian ownership of any man portable weapons.

This post...I love it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I actually do support gun laws that are designed to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons (rapists, murderers), yes.

However, I believe that we need just a few very strong laws along those lines, and that is all.  (No other gun control).

The root of that problem is that rapists/murderers should not be in a position to purchase and carry a gun anyway.  They should be providing worms with dinner.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]
"Reasonable and common sense", seen in the light of the Constitution, which is the law by the way, means I should reasonably be able to own any current military weapon. Now, "Unreasonable and lack of common sense" would mean that I have restrictions to weapon ownership which contradict the Constitution, which is our extant situation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
So who the fuck gets to decide what "reasonable" and "common sense" is?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#22]
If we kept violent felons in prison, we wouldn't need any gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#23]
My idea of reasonable gun control is shooting "rifleman" on an Appleseed target.

I'm tired of the easy availability of bad marksmanship.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Reasonable or common sense gun laws are vital to keeping society safe.  I believe firearms manufacturers are on the whole, an honest group, but having legal requirements that their gun operate as advertised should be enforced.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However, I believe that we need just a few very strong laws along those lines, and that is all. (No other gun control).

The root of that problem is that rapists/murderers should not be in a position to purchase and carry a gun anyway. They should be providing worms with dinner.

This.

Gun control, even bans, do NOT keep guns out of the hands of rapists and murderers. The only gun laws that should exist are those that protect gun owners rights to protect themselves.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#26]
there are 22,000 gun laws on the books in the US.  What we need are a good 20.

1.  Don't kill innocent people with guns (self defense is always okay).
2.  Don't fuck people's property up with guns.
3.  Don't carry firearms into government buildings, schools, etc.
4.  Don't possess drugs with guns or rob people with guns.
5.  Don't brandish or otherwise point guns at other people in a threatening manner.

You get the idea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I really wish the next time they have one of the Brady morons on tv doing an interview about their 'common sense gun law' bulllshit...the person doing the interview just keeps repeating 'shall not be infringed'.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I support zero gun laws.

I think citizens should be able to own nukes.

I also know I will be balanced out by others.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
We are never going to have a 100% poll on anything.  If the poll was should guns be banned there would still be some smart or dumb ass answering yes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#30]
So gang bangers should be free to tote around RPGs?

(devil's advocate)
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1.  Don't kill innocent people with guns (self defense is always okay).
2.  Don't fuck people's property up with guns.
3.  Don't carry firearms into government buildings, schools, etc.
4.  Don't possess drugs with guns or rob people with guns.
5.  Don't brandish or otherwise point guns at other people in a threatening manner.

You get the idea.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#32]
In the poll:  Lots of liars
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I support zero gun laws.
I think citizens should be able to own nukes.
I also know I will be balanced out by others.

Does that include Charlie Manson being allowed to have a nuke in prison? (or even just a case of grenades?)
Or is that a "reasonable restriction" gun law that you might support - disarming people in prison - that is implied but not literally written in the 2nd Amendment?

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So gang bangers should be free to tote around RPGs?

(devil's advocate)

define gangbanger?

If you mean a citizen can own and carry an RPG in his car, I would say yes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#36]
You cannot define reasonable or common sense, so USC it is.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This. "Reasonable" in my eyes, is not reasonable to the Brady Campain.

I support laws that effectively prevent violent felons from owning guns, and laws that prevent or help eliminate the black market gun industry. And no, FTF sales do not qualify as "black market gun trafficking".....
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#38]
What if you have some really psycho unstable mentally ill guy that has so far not broken any  laws.  Would you allow him to have a gun?

And the other question that is bound to come up is to lock this psycho guy up.  But this brings up another question, would you lock him up for committing no crime?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If you do, hurt yourself.  George Washington and James Madison would backhand you across your puling sniveling cock-craving mouth.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

See that part in red?  What part of it is difficult to understand?  We have allowed ourselves to become complacent and slippery-sloped, frog-boiled down the point where we are willing to "go along to get along" with certain restrictions, just so we can keep a few of them.

Every man-jack of us should have the right to tote full automatic SAW up and down the streets of our neighborhoods if we so desire.  It is time to push this shit back and knock the pendulum back in the right direction.

Zero tolerance.

Edit:  Okay, I  can't find the "Add Poll" option now. I will go hurt myself now.

Zero tolerance = zero intelligence.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#40]
define common sense....

i actually came in here expecting it to be about loosening gun laws
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What if you have some really psycho unstable mentally ill guy that has so far not broken any  laws.  Would you allow him to have a gun?

And the other question that is bound to come up is to lock this psycho guy up.  But this brings up another question, would you lock him up for committing no crime?

How were you planning on stopping him from getting a gun?

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Fuck it - even if he's a fucking mass murderer - ZERO GUN LAWS means the gov't cannot infringe on his rights IN ANY WAY FOR ANY REASON.

See the fucking STUPIDITY of saying "ZERO GUN LAWS".

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#43]
No guns for convicted violent felons, other than that I agree with more harsh penalties for violent offences committed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1.  Don't kill innocent people with guns (self defense is always okay).  Murder is already illegal, regardless of tool.
2.  Don't fuck people's property up with guns.  Damaging other people's property is already illegal, regardless of tool.
3.  Don't carry firearms into government buildings, schools, etc.  Why not?  The .gov has plenty of security and armed citizens might discourage school shootings.  Even if not, why point out firearms?  Why not just say any object which could be considered dangerous, whether it be a hammer, icepick or firearm?
4.  Don't possess drugs with guns or rob people with guns.  Don't have illegal drugs or rob people, the presence of a firearm is irrelevant.
5.  Don't brandish or otherwise point guns at other people in a threatening manner.  Don't threaten people with any dangerous item, whether it be a lighter, a pointy stick, a rabid cat or a firearm.

You get the idea.

Yep, we can eliminate firearms from each one of those and have some reasonable laws on the books.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So who the fuck gets to decide what "reasonable" and "common sense" is?

Usually some libtard slag that sucks cock by choice.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Of course I support reasonable gun laws.

For example: Too many children are accidentally shot every year. So it should be a law that schools must teach firearms safety and basic shooting skills to all students. I mean, we teach kids about sex and about driving in school. So we should teach them to shoot also.

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Shall not be infringed.  

So maybe we should just shit can the whole thing and start over then.  Huh?
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#48]
The things that people do illegally with guns are ALREADY illegal.  

"Hey, that guy robbed a bank!"

"Hey, that guy robbed a bank with a gun!"

What's the difference?  Those who plan to use guns for nefarious business will obtain them by illegal means.  Restricting guns is a pointless and frankly unconstitutional idea anyway.

Here's a question though, everyone always gets hung up on what a 'militia' is.  I'm more interested in what the "well regulated" part meant.  Training?  Mandatory training?  Compulsory service?  A standing TO&E to be filled by citizen volunteers? It means something, but I don't think I've ever heard a reasonable explanation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#49]
There is no such thing as a reasonable and/or common-sense gun law.

"...Shall Not Be Infringed."
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#50]

The 2nd Amendment makes no exception allowing the Gov't to disarm anyone under arrest or at trial or in prison.

The 2nd Amendment makes no exception allowing the Gov't to disarm any schizophrenics in mental hospitals.

The 2nd Amendment makes no exception allowing the Gov't to disarm children coming to school.

The 2nd Amendment makes no exception allowing the Gov't to outlaw shooting guns across school playgrounds (as long as no one gets hit by the bullets).

Fuck those stupid fucking unconstitutional gun laws.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top