Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 6:03:51 PM EDT
That one UFO thread brought back the time I saw a UFO out in Desert Center.

Yeah, it was 0200, yeah I was tired and all that, but I saw a damn UFO

Doesn't mean I believe in them, but what I witnesed was surreal. The object wasn;t an actual disc, but a large light type object. It looked like a light on the tail of a plane actually, but way brighter.Maybe the pulse engines overheated?

The UFO floated, than blasted off. At first I thought a heli, or a harrier(only things I could think of that could levitate like that then take off) but not at this speed.It was like a flash taking off.

Things that make you actually think if someone else is out there
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only planet with life on it.

Edited to add: I don't think I've ever seen a UFO though. When I was about 8 years old, my dad and I were in the car. It was pitch black outside and all of a sudden we saw this huge object in the sky. We must have followed the thing for an hour. It turned out to be the Goodyear Blimp.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe their are flying objects that people can't identify, so yes, I believe in UFO's.

I don't believe they are in origin, though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course.

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

If you don't know what it is, and it's flying, it's a UFO.

What's not to believe in?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that somewhere out in the universe, there are other forms of life, but I don't believe in UFO's. It just strikes me as odd that they only fly over trailer parks in the middle of the desert at 3o'clock in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen the same thing, Jew.  Out in the California desert at night.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Do You Believe In UFO's?

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I believe that somewhere out in the universe, there are other forms of life, but I don't believe in UFO's. It just strikes me as odd that they only fly over trailer parks in the middle of the desert at 3o'clock in the morning.

Your not listening to enough Coast-to-Coast AM!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes.

I've seen them and nothing I've ever seen or heard of before can explain what I saw.

Yes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
About 25 yrs ago  in high school, my bro and I and 2 dates were driving at night on a county road on the way to a school dance.  Something large, black, and silent  flew over us approaching from ahead.  It was moving FAST and was much wider than the road, no more than 50' off the ground.  When it passed overhead, we all reflexively ducked.  The car immediately died. (EMP?)  When we got the car going again, headed in the same direction, a small white light approached from the rear and paralleled the car next to the passenger window.  It then accellerated rapidly and disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe people see things in the sky they call UFOs.  
I don't believe these things are aliens.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe in swamp gas.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.

I've seen them and nothing I've ever seen or heard of before or since can explain what I saw.

I posted this in Wolfpack's thread and I'll post it here -check this video out: Area 51

I've actually seen a UFO EXACTLY like this one when I lived in Tucson. I was much closer than this video though and it nearly stopped my heart seeing that. It was EXACTLY like what's shown in the above video. An orb of light that did incredible acrobatics, loops, turns at exactly the speed shown in the video. My wife was with me and we both just couldn't believe what we were seeing. It lasted about a five minutes and then took off straight up faster than shit. It was a cloudless night and it was about 20 miles west of Tucson over some low mountains.

And no, it was not seachlights - this was moving in a cloudless sky with no "beam" originating it. The video is exactly what I saw.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

Yes, as I am no expert on all flying objects, I would say that most that I see are unidentified.  Therefore, they are UFO's.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Standing watch on the flight line in Fallon NV while in the Navy, we saw some weird shit at night. We were all aircraft mechanics and agreed these were no normal aircraft.

I don't mean every night or large quantities, but almost everyone reported seeing something very unusual from time to time.

Here's the base.

http://www.fallon.navy.mil/home.htm
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe there is other life in the universe, but I don't think it has visited us.

But I want to believe in Aliens.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe that what most see in the desert sw USA at night are probably prototype classified miltary aircraft.  Remember the F-117 was operational for many years before it was "acknowledged".  However, I also believe that there are "aliens" that may visit Earth.  I have a theory that these vehicles may also be humans from the future.  

So in short, yes there are, IMO, alien space craft that visit Earth and many of the UFO's seen usually occur in the SW USA near remote miltary air bases.  Therefore I must assume we have some wicked technology that we will learn aboiut in 30 years or so.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes.

I've seen one.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes. I saw one here in Phoenix about 14 years ago when I was about 8 years old. This is about what I saw:

The top and bottom halves were spinning, and in opposite directions if I remember correctly. The panels were glowing and the thing was fucking quiet. It flew over a field and intersection at 43rd Ave and McDowell here in Phoenix. It was probably around 8:00 pm at night. I won't presume to know whether it was a bunch of or whether it was , but it was definately an experience to remember.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I have seen some weird shit over the years.  Don't know if they were extra-terrestial in origin though.

With all the other planets out there, it's remarkable that we have had no contact so far.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I think they exist.  I think roswell was real.

The reason I do is because of our atomic energy program.  A bombs send off a large emp pulse.  IF other civilizations are searching the airwaves with radio telescopes like we are, the time it takes for the pulse to hit them, them to get it and investigate with a ftl or near light speed craft would mean that anything within 5 or 6 light years might have time to be here in the late 50's.  

Just my thoughts.  

I also think the majority of stuff over the western US is military based.  But it would also be where you would investigate if you were wanting to check us out.  Find out there military power, and assess the risk we pose.

My dad was at Wright Patterson AFB in the late 60's and worked in the FAA for many years.  One of the guys he worked with in OKC was the main POC for any UFO type investigation.  This guy BELIEVED in them, and had mucho evidence that he thought was accurate.  I don't know, but my dad always thought there really was something going on at Wright Patterson AFB.

Just some basic tinfoil stuff here.

(note to mods, we need a tin foil hat emote)

I truly believe that a man would have to be a fool to think there is no other intelligent life in the universe.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#21]
TJ,
I wouldn't normally respond to a U.F.O. thread except what you described is very similar to something I saw a long time ago when I was a kid.  I was lying in the back yard in a hammock.  Because they were directly overhead, I was looking at three bright stars.  At any rate, that's what I thought they were because that's what they looked like.  They just hung there in the sky, stationary.  But suddenly, one after the other, they just took off, at a very high rate of speed.  They were WAY too fast for any kind of aircraft I'm aware of and I couldn't hear any sound from them.
As far as I'm concerned, they were U.F.O.s.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I too have seen some things in the sky that I will never be able to explain.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I didn't believe in UFO's, until I saw one. There was nothing "iffy" about it. It wasn't a planet, star, meteor, comet, balloon or airplane. It was a big, fast, flying machine type UFO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes.

There's more out there than just what we can see.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't believe we are the only planet with intelligent life in the universe. There must be others out there, somewhere.

But the universe is so big I have problems believing that any lifeform can conquer interstellar space travel. But there seems to be valid evidence that those other lifeforms have visited us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#26]
i live out in the sticks and have seen some pretty weird lights at night. Although i do live under the holding patter for the bham airport, i wonder if that might have something to do with it.

i seriously doubt we are the only life in the universe.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd have to say yes, I believe they are possible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Believe in them, yes.

Seen one, yes.

Can it be explained away? No.

jim
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#29]
No doubt in my mind.  I've seen UFO's on many occassions, but only two that I know wasn't anything that normally flies around.

I'm of the same mind as many here about the alien/military thing, but I don't see it as being too far-fetched that it's "aliens".   The universe, and our planet, is very old.   There is just too much unexplained shit in this world for me to simply brush it off.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only planet with life on it.

I agree, it would be arrogant to think we(humans) are the only intelligent life in the vast expanse of the universe.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, I do. Do I believe that they are aliens, no.

Anyone ever been to see the Brown Mountain lights in NC? When I was a student at Appalachian State University several years ago my brother and I spent a lot of time camping and rock climbing in Linville Gorge. If you want to see some crazy shit, go sit up on wiseman's view in Linville Gorge and you'll see them. Sometimes they hover above the mountain peaks and then move around and then dissappear, other times you'll see a red glow, like a big bon fire glowing in the woods, only it moves and it will be in areas where there are no roads. I've also seen the whole gorge light up in a dull red glow. I know it wasn't a person or a car because my brother and I spent enought time in there camping and climbing to know that place inside and out and these lights were in areas where no car could go and moved too fast to be a person on foot. My geology professor at the time said he'd seen them too. His best guess was that they were cause by static electricity fromt he quartz rich rock in that area (if you don't know, most of the worlds silicon for computer chips comes out of the mountains in NC).

Speaking of Linville Gorge. Anyone remember that Eric Rudolph copycat that shot those two campers in Linville Gorge to get the cops to chase after him? My brother and I were camping just a couple of miles away down in the gorge the night that happened. We walked right past their tent the next morning on our way out and saw it on the news that evening when we got back to school.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm glad you ask.  This is like: "Do you believe in god?"  

So, are believers ufo-thiests, and non-believers a-ufo-theists?  Or, for the sake of not hurting the believers' feelings, is there only enough room for tolerance to call everyne either believers or non-believers?  

I'd like to ask those who believe in god and do not believe in ufos this question: Do you think its possible that people who don't believe in ufos to simply know better than to believe in them?  The reason I ask is because I've been in debates where religious people won't let atheists be content with thinking they know better than to beliee in god; it insults the religious people.  So, in my opinion, religious people won't let an opinion stand as an atheist "knowing better;" invariably, the challenge is to prove god doesn't exist, and when it becomes apparant it can't ber done, the ones who claim to be atheists have to live with being called non-believers instead, usually by the majority.

I hope any atheists reading this fully understand where I'm coming from.    

To answer the original question: I belive that as sure as there could be god(s) ruling the universe, there is just as good a chance that ufos could be flying him(them) around.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Injun,

There can be aliens AND God... Nowhere does it say that we are the only planet inhabited. In fact how great would it be to have aliens make contact and find out they have a Bible, God, etc.?

I think the problem lies with the fact (that I've seen, here and elsewhere) that while the majority of serious Christians adopt a tone of servitude, I've seen a lot of atheists and other non-Christians adopt a "You're stupid if you believe in Christ" attitude - and that kind of gets us a bit riled up...

Now PLEASE, someone re-rail this thread! ; )

jim
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't doubt that in a universe this big that there are other sentient being out there (in addition to us, dolphins, and mice).
OTOH, a lot of UFO stuff is man made vehicles-the US captured tons of experimental German stuff in 1945, including disc shaped aircraft that had incredible climb rates. How far may we have come to today?

UFO's-man made technology, alien technology flown by aliens and/or humans, time travelers?
If they are aliens, the fact that they haven't contacted us proves their superior intelligence......
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#36]
In the video with the dancing light, I have to ask, whatin the hell are they doing?  
Do you think the aliens come here to perform acrobatic manuevers?
Someone come up with a logical explanation for moving that way.

Do I believe?  I am open to the possibility.  
I do suspect the military is responsible for many sightings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top