Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 10:32:25 AM EDT
[url]www.jpfo.org/alert20010903.htm[/url]

"Consider the Religious Action Center of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations (AHC), a Washington, D.C.-based group that bills itself as the "hub of Jewish social justice and legislative activity in the nation's capital." This group has built an anti-gun curriculum for children and adults that makes hatred for self-defense a religious issue. Its first goal: "To see the issue of gun control not only as a political issue, but as a moral obligation.""
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Amen, Brother Imbrolio!

Now [u]those[/u] are true Jews, no doubt about it.

When the Lord chose a small shephard boy from among the sons of Jesse, to be the future King of Israel, there was much consternation.

Why would the Lord pick the smallest and least likely among the boys to lead His people?

Well it wasn't the oldest son of Jesse, it wasn't his strongest son, that was chosen by
G-d on that day, and yet the giant fell and the nations trembled when they stood in King David's way.

Pssst. I think King David is coming back soon.
Perhaps even a 'greater' than King David.

Eric The(OrSoI'veBeenTold)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
So tell me “Imbroglio”, what criteria do you use when deciding to post under your “nom de guerre”  or your other screen name?

I see a pattern, but I’ll let others judge for themselves.

Not that I care, but members even newer that I should be made aware that you are not what you claim to be.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no other screen name.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Eric! You missed the whole point of Imbroglio's post!!
He stated that
This group has built an anti-gun curriculum for children and adults that makes hatred for self-defense a religious issue. Its first goal: "To see the issue of gun control not only as a political issue, but as a moral obligation.
View Quote

This means that the Religious Action Center of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations is ANTI-GUN.
Damn, Hunney, read the friggin post before you respond in support, willya?
The union of Jews in this country has just come out as ANTI-GUN.
Duh!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
When I speak of true Jews, Hannah,  I'm referring to the Jews of the JPFO! To whom do you think I was referring?

Eric The(IchLeseGutEnglish)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I speak of true Jews, Hannah,  I'm referring to the Jews of the JPFO! To whom do you think I was referring?

Eric The(IchLeseGutEnglish)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Imbroglio quoting the JPFO:
"Consider the Religious Action Center of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations (AHC), a Washington, D.C.-based group that bills itself as the "hub of Jewish social justice and legislative activity in the nation's capital." This group has built an anti-gun curriculum for children and adults that makes hatred for self-defense a religious issue. Its first goal: "To see the issue of gun control not only as a political issue, but as a moral obligation.""

EricTheHun:
Now those are true Jews, no doubt about it.

I came to the same conclusion as Hannah did. Not everybody has heard about the JPFO, or knows what they stand for, or makes the connection to figure out what you meant, as opposed to what you wrote. ;)

I'd say above group should call themselves
Consider the Religious Action Party, or short, well, figure it out :)
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Ja, ich lese gut English auch, Eric.
And I also know the JPFO are a tiny minority of the Jews in America.
How the hell can you support all Jews, when they push this crap on the rest of America?
MOST Jews in the US are liberal anti-gunners.
How DARE you support all Jews against American Constitutional rights?
MOST Jews here are liberal leftists.
LOOK at the names of the hated antis.
TELL me a huge number of them are NOT Jews.
WTF??????????
What is the agenda here, and WHY?????
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
The UAHC is the national organization representing Reform Judasim in the US, and is described here...

[url]http://uahc.org/[/url]

BTW, this is the same organization that has donated a total of $1.5 million for victims of Sept. 11, as described here:  

[url]http://uahc.org/pr/2002/020318.shtml[/url]

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
[size=4]National Council of Churches Making Gun Control Top Legislative Priority[/size=4]
[b]We must halt America's gun 'scourge,' says general secretary[/b]

By Chris Herlinger, Ecumenical News International, in New York

Declaring that the United States must end the "scourge" of gun-related violence which has
brought a series of multiple killings in recent years, [b]the US National Council of Churches (NCC) has come out in support of legislation in the US Congress aimed at limiting the ownership of guns.[/b]

Expressing support for a new interfaith campaign for gun control, Robert Edgar, the NCC's new general secretary, said that because gun violence affected the lives of children—many of whom have been killed in the recent attacks—his agency had decided to make the issue one of its top advocacy and legislative priorities this year.

"We are aware that new laws alone will not end the wave of gun violence sweeping the nation,"
Edgar said at a news conference in Washington DC on 15 March, which was organized to
announce the campaign, the Interfaith Call to End Gun Violence. [b]"But we are convinced that the number of shootings will be reduced by making it harder for individuals to purchase the kinds of guns which have no function except to injure and kill humans."[/b]

The US Congress in Washington is considering proposals that include waiting periods for the
purchase of guns, along with mandatory background checks before purchases can be approved. The "Interfaith Call" supports these proposals, but goes further by supporting efforts to ban the sales of handguns and assault weapons.

Guns and gun control have long been a volatile issue in the US. Supporters of the powerful
National Rifle Association (NRA), the country's leading gun lobby, say that the US Constitution protects the right of citizens to bear arms. While the NRA has carried enormous political clout through the years, it is facing an increasingly uneasy public outraged by an epidemic of gun violence, particularly affecting children.

In recent years, shootings at schools here have become all too common. Last month, for example, a 6-year-old boy in the state of Michigan killed a classmate with a handgun.

In recent weeks, President Bill Clinton, a critic of the NRA and a supporter of the bills before Congress, has publicly argued with NRA officials about the gun-control legislation. The arguments have become so heated and personal that President Clinton's spokesman, Joe Lockhart, called on the NRA to end its "sick rhetoric." He was responding to several verbal attacks on Clinton by NRA vice president Wayne LaPierre

Edgar told this week's press conference that guns were "readily available in every segment of the society, and the death and injury caused by their use is rampant."

"More than 200 million guns are in circulation in the US today," he said. "Between one third and one half of all households own at least one. Every day in the US an average of 87 people, 12 of them children, die as a result of gun wounds, a figure which is rapidly approaching the rate of deaths through car accidents."

Edgar, a former US Congressman from the state of Pennsylvania, criticized the US Congress for
constantly talking about gun violence but deciding "against taking substantive action" in the face "of pressure from advocates for gun ownership and use."

- continued -
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Edgar told Ecumenical News International (ENI) that the NCC's call for the banning of certain
guns would not affect the right of hunters to own rifles. The call was aimed, he said, at banning the use of guns, such as assault weapons, for which the only purpose was to kill human beings.

In light of the recent Michigan killing and other school shootings, and the polarization in Congress over the issue, it was time, Edgar said, "for a broad faith-based coalition to move in new directions. This is the time we in the faith community have to make a stand."

He pointed out that interfaith appeal was supported by representatives of mainstream and
evangelical Protestant, Roman Catholic and Jewish groups.

"People are fed up," Edgar told ENI. "A majority of Americans believe stronger gun control legislation is needed, and the fact that some politicians and the NRA are setting the agenda has got to stop."

See article at:[url]http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/112/13.0.html[/url]

And all I'm saying is that Christians can be just as stupid on gun control issues as any [u]Jewish[/u] group! Right?

But not all, obviously, 'cause the church of Christ I attend in Dallas organizes deer hunts every year![:D]

Eric The([i][b]Capisce?[/b][/i])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Rabbi Eric, you are getting more Jewish by the day, I see you now purposely leave the O out of GOD.  As a Christian you are allowed to spell God and call him God without being disrespectful or blasphemous, it's interesting to watch your metamorphosis to Jewry right here on AR15.COM
G-d Bless.

Rabbi,  what's your official take on the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion?

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My take on Jewish support for leftist agenda:

Jews in this country have been conditioned to support the left-wing as a self-defense tactic against their most-feared enemy: the right-wing fascists.

There is historical evidence to support this position.

However, modern Jews overlook the fact that oppression, whether from the right or left is equally onerous and deadly to the oppressed.

Addendum:  I speak here of Jews in the aggregate.
View Quote

Jews seemed to be able to overlook Stalin very nicely.
Of course Hitler had killed about 6,000,000 Jews, Poles, Slavics, Gypsy's, etc., etc., while Stalin had killed about 20,000,000 but I've never seen any claim as to the number of Jews killed in the 20,000,000 ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[url]www.jpfo.org/alert20010903.htm[/url]

View Quote

The goal is simple and the plan working perfectly.

Disarm America while arming Israel to the teeth.
And have 'everything' paid for by the United States taxpayer.

At times I'm able to step away and admire the audacity of such a plan.
Control of the media is important but most  media is left-biased.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top