BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are a good man for bringing your mother out.  Was good to meet you sir.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally meeting some people was awesome but did not one of you think to bring DK a Goose runs for it sorry man was great to meet you sir.
You are a good man for bringing your mother out.  Was good to meet you sir.
+1.  Your mom was quite the trooper making the trip.  Great meeting all of you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As I reflect on the event, I wholeheartedly agree.  Nothing else echoed like that.  So intense.  For a small group, that shout echoed louder than a sonic boom.  I loved it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To me, the most impressive thing about the whole event was hearing "will not comply" echoing off of the capitol building. Every time that happened I was wishing some congress critters would have been in that building to hear it.
I am looking forward to a follow-up event, and for those who did not go and only criticize, come on out and fix it.
As I reflect on the event, I wholeheartedly agree.  Nothing else echoed like that.  So intense.  For a small group, that shout echoed louder than a sonic boom.  I loved it!
Yep.   The acoustics from the shape of the Capitol were impressive even if it was "only" 3500 people, and it didn't look to me that all 3500 were there then.  She was a great motivating speaker, and she was spot on - that's not really "us" so getting that response was quite a feat.  It would have been cool if that theme was carried on by more of the other speakers, but I guess they had prepared their notes without consulting each other.

ETA - anyone else notice the Capitol Police eyeballing us with binos?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend.  I did the on line stream after the event and think it is a good start.  The speakers were articulate and credible.  While I understand the criticism that it was not an event with 100, 000 people there with multiple congresspeople speaking I think that perspective is unrealistic and minimizes the work of those who participated in any way.  
There is no perfect, totally sculpted way to do something like this, and I think it was a good start so Thank You.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yep.   The acoustics from the shape of the Capitol were impressive even if it was "only" 3500 people, and it didn't look to me that all 3500 were there then.  She was a great motivating speaker, and she was spot on - that's not really "us" so getting that response was quite a feat.  It would have been cool if that theme was carried on by more of the other speakers, but I guess they had prepared their notes without consulting each other.

ETA - anyone else notice the Capitol Police eyeballing us with binos?
View Quote
Them, as well as the helicopter that made a pass over us every time my tinnitus would act up when I was reeeeaaallly trying to listen.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad I attended. It was good to meet Lug1 and other members. The speakers were good, the organizers kept the pace moving, and the weather cooperated. Even the drive up and home was pleasant. Next year, I'll bring a couple folks with me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Out of all of the pictures posted here this is the only one where I have seen myself, right in the middle, and of course you captured my good side since I am facing the other way
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Out of all of the pictures posted here this is the only one where I have seen myself, right in the middle, and of course you captured my good side since I am facing the other way
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
In my more ermagerd da databases moments,
I wonder if da alphabet bois had a hd cameras making facial recognition shots for future use.

There was a guy or two that stayed masked up with a flag kerchief the whole time

i hope there was some govt channel discussions of yeet
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In my more ermagerd da databases moments,
I wonder if da alphabet bois had a hd cameras making facial recognition shots for future use.

There was a guy or two that stayed masked up with a flag kerchief the whole time

i hope there was some govt channel discussions of yeet
View Quote
Don't start no YEET, there won't be no YEET!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Call this guy to come speak next year....   Its old, it's a dupe, should not be forgotten.  Resurrect it, post it to your social media.

AMAZING 2nd Amendment speech by Green Beret combat vet causes Democrat walkout
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep - that was me.  

I should affect a terrible foreign accent, just to put people at ease.  But instead, apparently I sound like a surfer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DK-Prof, were you the one in the purple hat?

I thought it was you but you had no accent, so it threw me off.
Yep - that was me.  

I should affect a terrible foreign accent, just to put people at ease.  But instead, apparently I sound like a surfer.  
A caped crusader arises. . .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep - that was me.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340401/20191105_092946_jpg-1149741.JPG
Not the hero we want, but the hero we need?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Call this guy to come speak next year....   Its old, it's a dupe, should not be forgotten.  Resurrect it, post it to your social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wro6L3KK8
View Quote
I suggested they invite him to speak somewhere back in this thread. He’s running a write in campaign to get re-elected today.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I suggested they invite him to speak somewhere back in this thread. He’s running a write in campaign to get re-elected today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?
He didn’t win the primary?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?
Paperwork issues.

There is uncertainty if it was dropped on Nick's side,  or placed in the circular file cabinet when it landed at the courthouse.  That's from friends of mine more plugged into the campaign gossip than me,  so take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Paperwork issues.

There is uncertainty if it was dropped on Nick's side,  or placed in the circular file cabinet when it landed at the courthouse.  That's from friends of mine more plugged into the campaign gossip than me,  so take it for what it's worth.
View Quote
Sadly, that would not surprise me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep - that was me.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340401/20191105_092946_jpg-1149741.JPG
Or the hero you get?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#19]
My video from the back of the crowd.
:39 for a sniper?  Look kind of like a rifle stock in his arm. Looks like he's asleep too.
29:40 for the flyover

National 2A Rally 11/2/2019
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm in that one as well! Well, my hat is. The Phillies hat in the bottom on the right..  
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My video from the back of the crowd.
:39 for a sniper?  Look kind of like a rifle stock in his arm. Looks like he's asleep too.
29:40 for the flyover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOjkXvhNfE
View Quote
@USMC2671

I am watching your video, early on my wife says are you watching your interview, that was you coughing.  I said no???  Less than a minute later I am in your video.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Any additional feedback & insights from the 2A rally last Saturday?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Needed moar volume

portapotties

and a band
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Maj Toure didn’t win his Philly city council race, which is actually surprising. I figured he would do well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in that one as well! Well, my hat is. The Phillies hat in the bottom on the right..  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn!  Never paid attention to how gray I am (right next to you).  I'm gettin' old(er)...
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maj Toure didn’t win his Philly city council race, which is actually surprising. I figured he would do well.
View Quote
I saw that on FB and it's super depressing to hear. Maj is the kind of leader we absolutely need.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I saw that on FB and it's super depressing to hear. Maj is the kind of leader we absolutely need.
View Quote
I figured the “hood” vote alone would lead him to a win, I guess getting away from the plantation is hard.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here's our coverage of the event for anyone who didn't get to make it or wants to relive it.

Edited version with a few interviews and 10 or so speakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBS7Q6lt0qY

Full Event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F-WnTFrGI

Pick your crush! This playlist includes edits of each individual speaker
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm5Moc1EmjtONAN_NkbeP7_PMSh1UQy__
View Quote
Thanks for that. I have had several people ask me about it. I will forward them these links.

Maybe with a little more notice I can bring some of them next year.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
That sucks
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Extremely disappointing Maj didn't get in.

At least I got to vote for him, the fact I got to do that here is a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched the whole thing live on the computer. I don't consider myself steeped in the current gun culture and I have to admit I have never heard of most of the speakers. I know it was a strictly 2nd A rally but perhaps if it was also about vets we would get some crossover attendees and draw some better well known (to me ) speakers. Hell, Sylvan and Gunwtr was more well known names than some of those people.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Just in case you guys didn't get enough meat of every variety in DC last weekend, I want to pass along what I got in email just now...

This Weekend,
Fogo Salutes Veterans
?
Military veterans and active duty personnel receive
50% off their meal this Veterans Day Weekend, Nov. 8-11.
Up to three guests also receive 10% off their meals.
We thank you for your service.

Please show Military ID.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just in case you guys didn't get enough meat of every variety in DC last weekend, I want to pass along what I got in email just now...
View Quote
Meat sweats!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This Weekend,
Fogo Salutes Veterans
?
Military veterans and active duty personnel receive
50% off their meal this Veterans Day Weekend, Nov. 8-11.
Up to three guests also receive 10% off their meals.
We thank you for your service.

Please show Military ID.
FOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
One of the last things Pres Clinton did before walking out the door was to swap the licence plates on the presidential limo to the DC "Taxation without Representation" plates.

One of the many F-U's he and his staff gave to the incoming Bush administration.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#39]
AWESOME

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:30:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Another bump for a deserving thread
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Bump to ask -

Now what? I know we have put out there we want to do another one next year, but how do we make that happen? What about Virginia? Do we want to do something there in January (VERY short notice, but that's when they are going to get fucked)?
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bump to ask -

Now what? I know we have put out there we want to do another one next year, but how do we make that happen? What about Virginia? Do we want to do something there in January (VERY short notice, but that's when they are going to get fucked)?
View Quote
You can say that again. Its going to be bad here - we have some real retards going to Richmond. One guy, Joe Morrissey, is a disgraced attorney who has done jail time but people keep voting him in. The real problem is our people will not go vote if only to vote against these monsters - they think they are too principled to vote for the lessor of two evils. It drives me up the wall. There was no Republican opposition to Morrissey but an independent did get on the ballot and did pretty well but not enough by far.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bump to ask -

View Quote
Just keep working.

Just never stop.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just keep working.

Just never stop.
View Quote
That's what I think.  You see the other side hasn't.

Win & Virginia & transition to making plans for Texas the next day. If you think it can't happen you're head is in the sand.

We don't just need a 1 day thing in DC.  I think we need something on the 2nd of every month leading up to Nov. We need time to get our shit together.  
We've got to figure out how to start doing that. We don't know how to organize. DC's rally's disappointing attendance proved that.

11 simple events (nope no idea what need your help figuring that out)

Things that everyone can do fairly local to them.
Where we all try to go out on the same day & do the same thing........  Start simple get people involved..... build momentum......Build up to numbers & events the media begs to cover
This is what grass roots looks like.  Yeah it sounds stupid.  Fight club with 2 guys in a parking lot is a fight.   Fight club happening in 20 cities at the same time is something different.

Just spit balling & I'm open to any & all criticism ...... the one thing we can't do at this point is Nothing
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Win & Virginia & transition to making plans for Texas the next day. If you think it can't happen you're head is in the sand.

We don't just need a 1 day thing in DC.  I think we need something on the 2nd of every month leading up to Nov. We need time to get our shit together.  
We've got to figure out how to start doing that. We don't know how to organize. DC's rally's disappointing attendance proved that.

Where we all try to go out on the same day & do the same thing........  Start simple get people involved..... build momentum......Build up to numbers & events the media begs to cover
This is what grass roots looks like.  Yeah it sounds stupid.  Fight club with 2 guys in a parking lot is a fight.   Fight club happening in 20 cities at the same time is something different.

Just spit balling & I'm open to any & all criticism ...... the one thing we can't do at this point is Nothing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just keep working.

Just never stop.

I like the idea of doing something on the 2nd of every month.

At a minimum, we could flood social media with pro-gun news stories.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great idea!!!  We could trend twitter?
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me.

I never jumped into the big thread where we started the Twitter wars.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#50]
and then there was the Declaration of Restoration rally.

USA: Pro-gun activists and militia members hold rally in Washington DC
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top