Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2021 2:48:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Royal arms one is $150. Would be cool.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat, but out of my price range.  The airsoft CO2 versions are more my speed these days.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always like throwing flashbangs when I was doing SWAT stuff, but they're generally pretty hard to come by and too expensive to use for fun(for me anyway) if you do get one. Turns out though that there are a couple of companies that make training grenades that use various blanks, so I got a couple recently.

The first one is made by Royal Arms and uses .22 nail gun blanks. It has a spring loaded firing mechanism that uses a plastic spoon and pin for safety and fires on impact. I wasn't really expecting much but this thing is impressively loud.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/image-2207423.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/6A5B448C-AC2B-49C3-8793-D77C759787DE-2207421.jpg

The other one I got is from Pamax Tactical. It uses 9mm PAK blanks, 1in 12g blanks, or 209 primers. This one's got a simpler inertia mechanism that use a pin for safety. It seems pretty nice but when I got it this afternoon I threw it three times to try it out and got 1 FTF. I tried both the 9mm and 12g blanks and honestly they didn't seem any louder than the .22 blanks that the Royal Arms version uses. They might hit a lot harder inside, but I'll have to wait a little while for that. I got the 12g blanks from a company other than Pamax and that may be a factor too. They put off a lot of smoke and burned a nice spot in my grass.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/image-2207425.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/image-2207425.jpg

If I had it to do over, I'd probably just buy two of the Royal Arms grenades.
View Quote

I am guessing your neighbors dont like you?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The airsoft cardboard ones made in Russia aren't bad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like those too. I wore mine out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat, but out of my price range.  The airsoft CO2 versions are more my speed these days.  

I like those too. I wore mine out.

Which ones worked the best?  I've never messed with them but thought it might be cool to have a couple, just for surprises.  

I will say, tossing one of those little rocket battery cubes (the fireworks things that shoot like twelve little screaming rockets) in a room will get folks attention and then they'll beat on you and force you to buy a round of drinks afterwards.   I did shoot them all though as they were jumping around like their shoes were on fire.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love those little fuckers.  They're amazing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch of dynatex. 12guage blanks. Pneumatic time delay.

ETA, had them almost 20 years and used them a lot (hundreds of blanks through them). They're beat to shit from being bounced off concrete but have never not worked. Had them serviced about six years ago. (The delay had drifted on some of them and the firing pins were starting to get worn).
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The ones I had were Valken Thunder Bs with the dumbbell shaped bottle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ones worked the best?  I've never messed with them but thought it might be cool to have a couple, just for surprises.  

I will say, tossing one of those little rocket battery cubes (the fireworks things that shoot like twelve little screaming rockets) in a room will get folks attention and then they'll beat on you and force you to buy a round of drinks afterwards.   I did shoot them all though as they were jumping around like their shoes were on fire.  

The ones I had were Valken Thunder Bs with the dumbbell shaped bottle.

Cool, thanks.  Added some to my wish list on Evike.  I think adding some capsicum powder would make them more fun.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My dad was a swat cop in the 80s and said the first flashbangs, then called concussion grenades were paper mache balls filled with enough explosives to flip a watch desk over and blow the windows and doors out in a squad room and deafen everyone inside it when you bet your partner to light one for 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My dad was a swat cop in the 80s and said the first flashbangs, then called concussion grenades were paper mache balls filled with enough explosives to flip a watch desk over and blow the windows and doors out in a squad room and deafen everyone inside it when you bet your partner to light one for 100 bucks.
View Quote

That's a pretty specific description, like he had first hand experience or something.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I shouldn't have seen this thread.  What I'd do with one of those would definitely get me fired! Might be worth it,  though.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

what no link or product name?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always like throwing flashbangs when I was doing SWAT stuff, but they're generally pretty hard to come by and too expensive to use for fun(for me anyway) if you do get one. Turns out though that there are a couple of companies that make training grenades that use various blanks, so I got a couple recently.

The first one is made by Royal Arms and uses .22 nail gun blanks. It has a spring loaded firing mechanism that uses a plastic spoon and pin for safety and fires on impact. I wasn't really expecting much but this thing is impressively loud.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/image-2207423.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26464/6A5B448C-AC2B-49C3-8793-D77C759787DE-2207421.jpg

View Quote

I have a metric shit ton of those 22 blanks my dad gave me (and no Ramjet, nor any reason to need one). Was planning to save them for my nephew when he was  old enough to start shooting to get used to the noise. I think this would be way more fun.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Taginn was a victim of the latest rounds of sanctions against russia. They were barely coming out with their new smoke grenades and some more powerful flashbang "trainers" for LEOs.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish I would've gotten one of the TRMR ones before they were reclassified.

TRMR-LE 12 Gauge Reusable Flash-Bang
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think Taginn was a victim of the latest rounds of sanctions against russia. They were barely coming out with their new smoke grenades and some more powerful flashbang "trainers" for LEOs.
View Quote

I hate my country
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I need a golf cart and a flash bang
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
The poor bastard that has been tracking the "working group" threads just got assigned this one too.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

DAMMIT. When I played air soft I LOVE those, just got a launcher set up for some of there rds but got super busy with work, then got hurt and haven't been able to play in like a year and now this. SHIT. That sucks. Those things rocked.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

They aren't in stock anywhere as I think they were under the last sanctions implemented on Russia. But there are a few on gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/919130079
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Flash bangs ,smoke grenades and hand grenades should be available to everyone
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#27]
IWA still has some of their rebranded TLSFx flashbangs but at an outrageous price.

https://iwainternationalinc.com/m12-distraction-device/
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh, a thread about things I'm not allowed to buy. That's nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I want.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#31]
We use the Royal Arms ones for training.

Unfortunately, the days of throwing flashbacks around are just about over.  We are required to use them on a bang pole most of the time.  No more fun of having the new guy fuck up in training and drop one at your feet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#32]
How do any of these compare to the real thing?  I have used plenty and real ones set off car alarms nearby.  I have used the CTS trainers which are extremely meh by comparison but were perfect for training.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#33]
fun fact: If you uncork a flashbang under your boss' desk chair it WILL set off the sprinkler system...
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Also for that Royal Arms version, do they have any issue with running different power shots of the ramset cartridges?  Think there is a couple different loads available.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
fun fact: If you uncork a flashbang under your boss' desk chair it WILL set off the sprinkler system...
View Quote

Easily the #1 intentionally mis-used tool...lots of stories!  Also lots of stories when you were trying to use them correctly, but things just happened....
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#38]
This site has cost me sooooo much money!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We use the Royal Arms ones for training.

Unfortunately, the days of throwing flashbacks around are just about over.  We are required to use them on a bang pole most of the time.  No more fun of having the new guy fuck up in training and drop one at your feet.
View Quote

Yep.  Fucking Lefty Smith ruined that for everybody.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#42]
I think gunpowder and small cardboard tubing is a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#43]
The Tag Inn pyrotechnic air soft grenades are the best.

Super loud. Have the frags, smokes, and bangers.  Pull pin and spoon like the real thing.

TAG-67 training frag grenade by TAGinn

https://www.airsoftjunkiez.com/tag-grenades/

Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Anybody can buy these unless they are illegal in your location. I don’t know why they put the LE only stuff on the Royal Arms one but they are not restricted.
View Quote

Thanks.  I had clicked on the Flash bang trainer on the royal arms website which is restricted but missed the other version when i was on my phone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3H0ynrY9Mg
View Quote

@walkinginadangerzone

When and why were they reclassified?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#46]
This place costs me money...

I'll take "Things I didn't know I needed" for $500, Alex
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@walkinginadangerzone

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@walkinginadangerzone

@C-4

A few years back, not sure exactly when. ATF being ATF. But I think the real reason was because the full size 12g blank adapter was available and by their definitions of what is a DD aka more than  1/4 oz. of explosives being able to be used is what did it. Most of these mechanical flash bangs will have 9mm blank, 22 blanks, 209 primer, or an inch shot shell blank adapters only available to civis and not be classified as an NFA item, but the TRMRs with the full 12 guage adapter did.

They got popular after people found out they could run the full size 12 guage flash bang blank from ALS, the ALS1208.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#48]
All these devices advertise at a max BANG of 124 decibels. Honestly, that isn’t much for high frequency, short duration, impulsive noise. It may be startling but it’s NOT going to be debilitating.

In a defensive scenario, I certainly wouldn’t put down my real weapon in order to deploy an Airsoft toy.  

JMHO- As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@C-4

A few years back, not sure exactly when. ATF being ATF. But I think the real reason was because the full size 12g blank adapter was available and by their definitions of what is a DD aka more than  1/4 oz. of explosives being able to be used is what did it. Most of these mechanical flash bangs will have 9mm blank, 22 blanks, 209 primer, or an inch shot shell blank adapters only available to civis and not be classified as an NFA item, but the TRMRs with the full 12 guage adapter did.

They got popular after people found out they could run the full size 12 guage flash bang blank from ALS, the ALS1208.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@walkinginadangerzone

@C-4

Got it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top