Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife is very smart, she runs a successful business with about a dozen employees, never been in the red, does public speaking, has a book deal in the works, all the things.
Buuuuuut, she has largely been brainwashed by her mother. Anything bad that has happened, no matter how random or unlikely, has to be preempted to assure it will never happen again.
Any urban legend is taken at face value and elaborate plans have to be implemented to avoid the dangers thereof.
She needed to send some money to her uncle, but we had run out of checks. I told her I'd get a blank check from the bank, but they don't do that. I was going to get a cashier's check, but I needed to know the amount and she didn't pick up the phone. Anyway plans of sending a check we're being thwarted left and right. That night we were driving somewhere and I said, "Baby, just send cash." She literally gasped and said, "Are you crazy?! You can't do that!" I said, "Why not?" She said, "You're not supposed to!" "Who says?" said I.  "It might get stolen!" She said. "Nobody is going to know there's cash in there. How many letters have you sent or received that were opened for some odd reason and the contents pilfered?" *No answer* "Yeah, that's what I thought. There's nothing wrong with sending cash, it's nothing but a myth."

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm underwhelmed by that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Someone at work was talking about growing cucumbers and making their own pickles at home. The HR manager had absolutely no idea that pickles were "pickled cucumbers". Who doesn't know that?
View Quote

I'd put people who believe in chemtrails up there.  Just different things they are ignorant about, but equally stupid and willfully ignoring facts that they should both be aware of.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
To answer the OP's question,
Unfortunately, yes.
Staying in the realm of food, I personally know people that did not know hamburger came from cows, did not know milk came from cows, whiskey is distilled from grains, and you can't just put chocolate milk in the freezer and make chocolate ice cream.
This person is not young or without education and life experience.  That education and life experience does not include the production of meat, liquor, milk, and ice cream.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee
View Quote

I see your Sheila Jackson Lee, and raise you a Maxine Waters.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
When Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 this dumbass friend of my wife was worried about some friends she has in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some people use cucumbers and pickles as dildos. It could be a dildo farm.
View Quote

There are obvious retorts here that I will refrain from stating.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
HR Manager probably has a Masters degree too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Kamala Harris
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
In high school a few of my friends and I were standing around at the local Friday night car hangout spot. All of the sudde there was a shooting star we all saw above.

All the sudden one guy asks "I wonder what makes stars fall?".....

Now granted this is Alabama but most of us just stood there and tried not to laugh then someone finally piped up and said: Gravity!

Dumb guy just shook his dumb head in agreement.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are some here in this very forum.
View Quote

I worked with an ICU nurse that's a flat earther.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

She probably mixed up maple syrup and honey.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had an (ex) sister in law that thought honey came from trees. WTF?

She probably mixed up maple syrup and honey.

Our she read Winnie the Pooh and didn't understand the reason the bees where in the story.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Conversation among executives of a well known multinational organization.

Male exec:  My twin sister...blah blah blah.  
CFO:  Are you identical twins?
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you picture a palm tree with pineapples growing on it like coconuts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought pineapples grew on trees before my first trip to Hawaii  

Did you picture a palm tree with pineapples growing on it like coconuts?

What, these aren't baby pineapples?

Attachment Attached File

Tricksters in Hawaii have been known to tell tourists that. (Hala plant.)
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well… we do have a Chemtrail thread going on.
View Quote

Thank goodness someone posted this before me.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Asked a coworker to hand me a Crescent wrench out of my tool box. When he gave it to me I said no, this ones standard, I need the metric one.

He went and got the other one.
View Quote

A friend and I were installing dual front shocks on his K5 Blazer.  He was doing one side and I was doing the other.

The bolts used lock washers.  I yelled over to him to make sure to put the washer on in the right direction.  There was about a 10 second pause before he replied that it didn't matter which way it went on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Really want to freak some folks out ask them if they know what natural sausage and hot dog casings are made from.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee
View Quote

Prolly AOC.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't personally witness this, but was told about an engineer who asked a production tech what size wrench he was using, and then proceeded to use that for the through hole diameter on the drawing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Someone at work was talking about growing cucumbers and making their own pickles at home. The HR manager had absolutely no idea that pickles were "pickled cucumbers". Who doesn't know that?
View Quote

Your HR manager.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know of about 81 million of them.
View Quote

Noice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had an engineer tell me to measure all the items in a large clean room because it was barely maintaining positive pressure. He then added the size of the objects to the size of the room to “explain” why the air handler he specced wasn’t maintaining design pressure. (The air handler would have needed to operate at about 98% of the manufacturers designed cfm to do what he wanted and still maintain the required air changes for an occupied space. (Again. He ADDED  the volume of the items in a room to the size of the room to make the space bigger.
View Quote

What do they call the guy who graduated last in engineering school?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had an engineer tell me to measure all the items in a large clean room because it was barely maintaining positive pressure. He then added the size of the objects to the size of the room to “explain” why the air handler he specced wasn’t maintaining design pressure. (The air handler would have needed to operate at about 98% of the manufacturers designed cfm to do what he wanted and still maintain the required air changes for an occupied space. (Again. He ADDED  the volume of the items in a room to the size of the room to make the space bigger.
View Quote

What do they call the guy who graduated last in engineering school? Oopsie
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My highly educated SIL thought that deer were carnivores.
View Quote

I’ve seen a white tail eat a duckling.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What, these aren't baby pineapples?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/HalaPlant_jpg-3066399.JPG

Tricksters in Hawaii have been known to tell tourists that. (Hala plant.)
View Quote

It's a grenade bush...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'd put people who believe in chemtrails up there.  Just different things they are ignorant about, but equally stupid and willfully ignoring facts that they should both be aware of.
View Quote

Oh now you've done it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Shamelessly stolen from another thread (Instagram link not posting):
Instagram
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shamelessly stolen from another thread (Instagram link not posting):
Instagram
View Quote

One would hope that is satire, but I'm truly afraid that it's not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read the questions on PSA’s website.  I like to read them for a good chuckle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee
View Quote

Oysterpersons.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As a European (originally) it's pretty easy to assume that people who are unable to understand the difference between Danish and Dutch are complete fucking morons (for example, I saw a listing on Gunbroker yesterday for a "Dutch Contract" Bergmann 1910/21 pistol) ... but it's not like most Europeans (if any) would understand the difference between Kansas and Arkansas, or between Virginia and West Virginia.

So while it might seem incredibly dumb for someone to think the Vatican Guards are "Swedish" - it's not totally unreasonable, if you are not European.  
View Quote

Everyone knows Danish is a delicious pastry .
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a European (originally) it's pretty easy to assume that people who are unable to understand the difference between Danish and Dutch are complete fucking morons (for example, I saw a listing on Gunbroker yesterday for a "Dutch Contract" Bergmann 1910/21 pistol) ... but it's not like most Europeans (if any) would understand the difference between Kansas and Arkansas, or between Virginia and West Virginia.

So while it might seem incredibly dumb for someone to think the Vatican Guards are "Swedish" - it's not totally unreasonable, if you are not European.  

Not everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8nQZ8To3TXs
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Wasn't there someone here, a few years ago, that didn't know hamburger meat was ground cow?

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I encountered a person so stupid they thought a ‘mil’ meant a millimeter….not 0.001 inch.  

Geesh, what a maroon, amiright?
View Quote

What is a mil-dot reticle?

What is a mill levy?

What is a cool mil?

Mil means a lot of things, mostly related to 1000 or 1/1000.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top