Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2011 8:31:21 AM EDT
My AR15.com 'My Board' page has a display problem as shown below.  The first listing in each category is offset to the right and 'last Post' is added at the left.

ETA:  Running Windows 7 and Firefox 4.0

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem has existed for every version of FF4 beta I've ever tested, which is lots.  I never submitted a bug report about it because last time somebody mentioned something about a FF4 problem they were told that since it was beta the site would not be changed.

It's not beta anymore so now I'm filing the same report as OP.

I also just confirmed it exists in IE 9.

Screen resolution has no impact.

Both browsers were tested with an out of the box install, no plugins or other customizations.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

what does a different screen resolution look like?

No difference.

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The problem has existed for every version of FF4 beta I've ever tested, which is lots.  I never submitted a bug report about it because last time somebody mentioned something about a FF4 problem they were told that since it was beta the site would not be changed.

It's not beta anymore so now I'm filing the same report as OP.

I also just confirmed it exists in IE 9.

Screen resolution has no impact.

Both browsers were tested with an out of the box install, no plugins or other customizations.

+1 for me, I can repro on three separate machines.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Any update on this issue?  Is there anything you need us to do to correct this?

So, is AR15.com working this?  

The silence is deafening.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
In Firefox you can install an extension called Stylish that will let you apply your own CSS templates to websites. Install it and add the following:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("ar15.com") {
 div.mainBarLeft {
   line-height:23px !important;
 }
}
The line height on the section header is 1px too tall. It affects Firefox 4 and IE9. An alternative would be to make the section header 1px taller, but I went with line-height.

ETA: It seems that the section headers might be getting set to bold. I saw 1 person suggesting this was a Firefox issue, but it happens in both Firefox 4 and IE9.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("ar15.com") {
 div.mainBarLeft {
   font-weight:normal !important;
 }
}

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In Firefox you can install an extension called Stylish that will let you apply your own CSS templates to websites. Install it and add the following:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);@-moz-document domain("ar15.com") {  div.mainBarLeft {    line-height:23px !important;  }}
The line height on the section header is 1px too tall. It affects Firefox 4 and IE9. An alternative would be to make the section header 1px taller, but I went with line-height.

ETA: It seems that the section headers might be getting set to bold. I saw 1 person suggesting this was a Firefox issue, but it happens in both Firefox 4 and IE9.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);@-moz-document domain("ar15.com") {  div.mainBarLeft {    font-weight:normal !important;  }}

That worked like a champ.. thank you very much!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That worked like a champ.. thank you very much!

+1 Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Browser compatibility issues will be addressed starting this coming week.

Thanks.  I read the fix listed above but in truth, I have no idea what they are talking about and no way to implement it.  I just use the stupid computers, I don't like them!!    

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think most of the browser compatibility issues are hammered out in terms of the layout/design and use. The only real item left is the WYSIWYG editor update which is in the works.

Will that WYSIWYG editor update resolve the issues when using the iPhone or will we still need to use the Classic format?

FWIW - the browser formatting issue just started on my box earlier today (i'm running FF 4.0.1 and have the formatting set to Classic due to occasional iPhone browsing).

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top