Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 7:52:00 PM EDT
I'd like to get one of those 'discreet rifle cases' from Eagle or the like, but I don't ever see one with pouches to hold 20 round 308 mags that's also sized for an FAL carbine.
Hell, now I can't find any that are cut for FAL mags at all, regardless of length.

Also, those of you that have one for other rifles, are you happy with it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a 20" A2 behind the seat of my pick up, in a Eagle 42" case with mag pouches.

Eagle had a big back log on the descrete cases when I bought mine back in 2001
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Tailor has a line of covert cases, up to 45" in length.  [url=http://www.tacticaltailor.com/catalog/bags.htm]Here's the link.[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the Eagle 42" discrete bag for my Benelli M1 Tactical (with pistol grip). It has two large compartments, one for the gun and one for other stuff. It also has five 9"x3" pouches in the main compartment. You might use the "other stuff" compartment for the mags if they don't fit in the pouches. The bag is really well constructed and well worth the money IMHO. I just bought two more Eagle rifle cases, one for a G3 clone and one for a Dragunov (the Drag is almost 49" long). They show up tomorrow; I'll let you know how they look and what the capacities are if you want.

[url]http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0[/url]

CW
(edited to add link)
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#4]
From looking at those photos, I'd have to say that "discrete" in this context means something very different from what means everywhere else. What is supposed to be discrete about a case that makes you think "Wonder what kind of rifle that guy's toting?" If by "discrete" they mean "seperate," it's redundant - all rifle cases seperate the rifle from the rest of the world. Not being a smartass, but genuinely wondering WTF they're talking about. Maybe I missed something in the thread or the ad.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My Arfcom Christmas exchange partner bought me a Blackhawk case, which is green, but shows no outline of a gun, nor does it have external mag pouches.  It'll hold a carbine or preban 20" with stock collapsed.  Its an impressive case and I think it goes for $100 from Quantico Arms.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From looking at those photos, I'd have to say that "discrete" in this context means something very different from what means everywhere else. What is supposed to be discrete about a case that makes you think "Wonder what kind of rifle that guy's toting?" If by "discrete" they mean "seperate," it's redundant - all rifle cases seperate the rifle from the rest of the world. Not being a smartass, but genuinely wondering WTF they're talking about. Maybe I missed something in the thread or the ad.
View Quote

usually when they say discreet rifle case they mean a different shape than long and skinny.   So it might be rectangular, or square.   so it could be any piece of equipment.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Miy discreet case is a golf club bag with cover, suitibly modified inside to hold 3 rifles plus.

Nobody thinks twice about a guy with some golf clubs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a case I picked up at Fleet/Farm (those in the Midwest will know) that is made out of the same steel that pickup tool boxes are made from.  It holds the Mauser dad brought home from Germany.

It certainly must have been discrete enough - the mover, when we moved from CA to WA saw it in the garage, simply picked it up and put it on his truck before I could tell him not to (it's not legal for him to transfer a firearm, even cased, anywhere, let alone across state lines).

I let him take the chance - when he showed up at the other end, and unloaded, since we had about 3 other guitars, he asked if it was an "ax" in the case.  I didn't want to burst his bubble, he probably still is telling the story about the "really valuable guitar in the special locked case" that he moved! [shock]

I think that would be much more discrete than those on the Eagle site - even though they were nice cases.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been using a guitar 'gig bag' for my AR and 870 lately.  Isn't the perfect solution since there is only one BIG compartment.  I've been just using a couple BDU shirts to keep them apart.  

I live in an apartment and it just isn't worth being seen in the parking lot with a couple assault bags. Also has shoulder straps to make carting it around fairly easy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Guys, thanks for all the replies.

Just for the record, I don't really care about the "discreet" part, it's just the name that Eagle uses, and in order to be clear I used the same term.  I just like the cases.  I am not interested in having a super-secret case for my rifle.  I have an email in to tactical tailor to ask if their pouches will hold .308 mags.  I'll let ya'll know if I hear back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top