User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
We can't have another one soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell of a day to have a family reunion...

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately.../media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

The profession has been shown to be rife with people willing to make shit up for a check.

No idea who to trust anymore.
View Quote

It boggles my mind the nay sayers. In my gayest voice: Oh no baby, scientists will never lie….what they say is the truth.

Yet, all of the news media is an entire F’ing clown show. All.of.it. They have played us like fiddles for the longest time. We listened to them for my years thinking they were the moral authority. Wolf Blitzer CNN, Desert Shield just turned into Desert Storm. Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, etc…. We expected them to tell us the news. And they did, for the most part. No left leaning obvious shit, just interviews.

Now, everything is a shit show, everything. They are all sacks of shit lying garbage. They are evil. I cannot explain it any other way. Religiously, to me, this all makes perfect sense. Maybe we are just turning communist and we’re in its early throws. I cant quite yet get it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but that's nothing compared to the coronavirus we've had to deal with.

Stupid pansy dinosaurs.

artists rendering of events

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179834/27B3894F-295F-4257-B0FF-AF2D4009B5C7_jpe-2204581.JPG

You win.

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Did they have boners?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What I find fascinating is that the atmospheric pressure was much more dense back then. You could actually have foot long dragonflies and mega insects because of this. I would like to see an accurate time traveler show where the characters go back to this dinosaur age and get fucked up because of the massive air pressure.  

View Quote

The atmospheric pressure was not greater.

The oxygen content was higher.

That is why insects and arachnids were able to attain much greater size millions of years ago.

BTW - here's some nightmare fuel for you.  Imagine a spider 3 or 4 feet in diameter.  Got that mental image in your head?

Yep - some experts believe they once did exist.

Spiders have a primitive type of lung called a "book lung," and the reduction in the oxygen content of the atmosphere over what it was millions of years ago is what limits their size to what it is today.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"occurred in the spring-summer"

This begs the following question. Spring-summer in which hemisphere?

Answer: the hemisphere that provided the grant money for the predetermined required result

View Quote

Wrong.  Correct answer: The hemisphere in which the fossils were studied (hint: it was in No. Dakota).  I thought that would be obvious.  Guess not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How can carbon dating be that precise?
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Carbon-14 dating is typically for stuff 250k years or younger.  Ballpark.

They use different isoptopes for real old stuff.  They also know the geology in certain locales, and that the giant geologic unconformity at that stratum is the geologic horizon for the extinction event.  Then they look at the fossil assemblage that sits immediately on that horizon, and go from there.

ETA - 50k years max for carbon dating.
View Quote

They actually don't know shit.  They have conjecture and Wild ass guesses, but thats it.

They 'know' whatever the person signing the grant check wants them to know.   This is science today.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is why insects and arachnids were able to attain much greater size millions of years ago.

BTW - here's some nightmare fuel for you.  Imagine a spider 3 or 4 feet in diameter.  Got that mental image in your head?

Spiders have a primitive type of lung called a "book lung," and the reduction in the oxygen content of the atmosphere over what it was millions of years ago is what limits their size to what it is today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I find fascinating is that the atmospheric pressure was much more dense back then. You could actually have foot long dragonflies and mega insects because of this. I would like to see an accurate time traveler show where the characters go back to this dinosaur age and get fucked up because of the massive air pressure.  

Good.  I’d rather have someone throw a water moccasin on me than a tarantula.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They actually don't know shit.  They have conjecture and Wild ass guesses, but thats it.

They 'know' whatever the person signing the grant check wants them to know.   This is science today.
View Quote

*snort*
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Earth’s atmosphere had stayed at ~1 bar throughout its history, where did the equivalent of 50–70 bar of CO2 in limestone and other carbonates on Earth’s surface come from? Giant insects would be hell on my backyard garden!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top