Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 3:39:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a friend down there and she emailed me about this. I guess a some person caused the truck to crash. Couple DOAs. Real sad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A few years back we had a tanker carrying Jet-A to crash on I-55 at an overpass.

Hot hot hot.......melted everything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw this on the news tonight, thing is sagging down 10 feet in the middle of the span. Amazing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Same thing happened last weekend in Tampa, but it was a tanker carrying gasoline that burned underneath the southbound lane of the Veterans expressway. (A major N-S toll road).

Northbound is open, but southbound is out for a few months.

Sucks big time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Back in 1986 or so , we had ordanance being hauled in a tractor trailer here in Oklahoma explode,a 2000 pound went off when they were driving down the interstate, if am remembering correctly they were on a ramp to get onto the interstate.

Benjamin

Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that explosion was in '80 or '81. I was in Tulsa at the time and recall the pothole it left in the road.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
traffic will now be worse than the normal hell in the morning
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe as this event is local you can find out why it will take five years to repair the bridge vs. two-weeks (approx.) to build a Walmart ??

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Two weeks to build a Wally World?  What are YOU smoking.  Took almost a year, here!

The bridge can be done in one if they want.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two weeks to build a Wally World?  What are YOU smoking.  Took almost a year, here!

The bridge can be done in one if they want.
View Quote

Well I've got a little bit of Oklahoma home - grown and have burned some pretty fair Mexican dirt-weed but really that's about all.

Regarding the building of a "Wally World" please note I qualify my estimate of time by adding "approx."

Regarding the bridge repaired in one year - what are YOU burning ??

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it's just high time that the govment DO something about these unreasonably dangerous fuel trucks!  For instance, it should be a law that all flammable tankers must be accompanied by a liquid carbon dioxide tanker to rob the fire of its O2 just for this type situation.  I for one am sick of the government not doing something to protect our valuable overpassess and roadways from the scourge of flammable liquids.  How many more need to be destroyed and suffer before they do something.  It would be such a trajedy to let this continue unabated.  Maybe we just need to ban flammable liquids all together.  PLEASE write your elected officals.      
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
pics?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#14]
5subslr5, see post by The_Beer_Slayer to understand why a bridge requires 5 years or so!!

It depends on type and size of bridge, of course, but they really can build a pretty good sized one in a year!  Never ceases to amaze me how long some of these projects get dragged out.

Should be faster in reb land as they don't have to fight the cold weather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top