Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
No. I remove all plates and decals. I don't advertise for free.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, cause advertising for Little Pones Dealership!

Also.... buy a KIA!
View Quote
KIAs are for hamsters.

Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Driving around with dealer plates advertises to everyone what a clueless dumb fuck you are.
View Quote
lmao or how little I give a shit.

Do you wear branded clothing, cover the apple symbol on your phone?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Trashed the one that was on the front of my truck & front plates are nanny state garbage
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My dealer has been awesome so it stays on, however I'd refuse to buy anything with a sticker on it.

Half of the time during oil changes they let me rip around in one of their super rare cars, last one was a 1/500 TRD (real) tuned car and the sales guy was yelling at me for not going past 100 on the freeway in it

The damn thing was loud as hell too, sounded like a motorcycle or something.  I'm hoping for a supra test drive next oil change
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:28:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the lot tech take them off before i drive away.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't let them put it on to begin with..when I was to the point of agreeing on the buy they were told flat out, leave all dealer badges/frames/stickers off the vehicle and I wanted to inspect it after detailing/before signing..they didn't like it but they complied with it....Not doing free advertisement for anyone...
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:You can get them to take it off without being a jackass. I know, hard to believe from Arfcommers, but it's true.
View Quote
Yep. I had to special order my rubicon wrangler and said I didn't want the dealer sticker installed. Guy said it wasn't a problem and didn't care. I also asked if they could either get it without the giant rubicon stickers on the hood or if they could remove them. They just made a note of it and removed the rubicon ones when it came in and didn't the dealer sticker on(or a license plate frame).
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't give a fuck unless they screw me I don't care quit being a special snow flake.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some people ask not to have them but not many.
Some even come in to the store and ask for one even though they didn't buy a car.

I oblige both.

Yes, there are license frame collectors.
View Quote
I have a set of plate frames for every dealership I've sold in. 21 different dealers dating back to 1984. I also collect dealer plates.

My Navigator is wearing metal frames from a Ford dealer in Seattle that went out of business 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To the guys who always claim, "first thing I made the dealer do was remove that shit. They're not paying me to advertise!"

How come you didnt just take the vehicle home and remove it yourself and avoid looking like a gigantic jackass?

Or is this a case of "thingsthatneverhappened.jpg"?
View Quote
Yeah... much less assholeish to take it home and heat gun the damn thing off and throw it away.

On my new truck, the damn dealer sticker, LP frame, air dam, and running boards didn't make it till sundown.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a few years of payments ( like 5-6 years taken off) taken off the last car I bought for not worrying about the license plate frame. I think they’re as awesome as the powder coated ones or frames that tell you what kind of car you’re staring at in case you missed the factory labels. Even better are the rebadged ones with that stuff. I assumed people left that stuff on there because they didn’t care about stickers.

Oh and plenty of drug dealers don’t have tinted windows. At least the ones with the good drugs like cocaine and heroin. It’s the meth dealers and potheads who tint their windows. Also, anyone who lives with 100F heat during summer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes i leave it on, it's Chrome and it looks nice..
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Both vehicles bought at the same dealer.

My trucks frame was removed.

SUV is on since the mega liberal town (not where I live) is on it but the plate is pro Trump.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]
There are some amazingly triggered people in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To the guys who always claim, "first thing I made the dealer do was remove that shit. They're not paying me to advertise!"

How come you didnt just take the vehicle home and remove it yourself and avoid looking like a gigantic jackass?

View Quote
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I leave it on until they do something to piss me off.
It usually doesn't last long.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I always tell the dealer to take off their shit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I yank any dealer advertising the minute I take delivery.

If they want me to advertise for them, they can pay me a monthly space rental fee equal to 5% of the vehicles cost (of the negotiated price of the vehicle I bought).
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I work at a dealer and have bought cars from there. I have always taken off emblems and plate frames. I sometimes even take some of the badges off the car. I took them all off my 300zx and took the x drive badges off my 335i. Cars look cleaner without them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’ve never tinted my windows.

I don’t want to drive around looking like a drug dealer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What to do when getting a new car in two easy steps.

1.Remove all dealer labeling
2.Tint windows

Nobody looks at guys driving Cherokees. You would not be noticed let alone spotted as a drug dealer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#23]
No wouldn’t accept the vehicle with any of their bullshit stickers on the paint or plate frames.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I told the dealer that I didn't want any of their shit on the car. They didn't put any on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Fortunately my dealer didn't bother with the sticker or frame since they pulled my vehicle from a different lot. Made life easier.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
people who aren't car people will leave it on

i take all of mine off no matter what car it is
View Quote
Not a car guy anymore. Fuck those guys. I'm not paid to advertise...
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Dealer vinyl decal gets removed, and the vehicle debadged when I get home. Dealer plate frame gets removed and my own installed. No big deal.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't take possession of a new car until every dealer emblem is removed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Arfcom refuses to accept dealer advertising on their cars, but then we have a thread about auto-stop-start and half the replies are saying it's not so bad, after a while you don't even notice it, etc.

But no license plate frames. Way to stand firm fellas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I tell them not to put there decals on and they don't.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Good heavens no. I had them take the decal off as well. I don’t do free advertising.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I took mine off after a local cop gave me a ticket for it.
seems the dealer frame was touching a number on the plate,
cost me $45
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Never had one on any of my vehicles when I bought them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#35]
the last couple cars we bought I just unscrewed the frames when I noticed them...I guess I missed some chances to demonstrate my alpha male-ness by telling the dealer to remove them...dammit!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you just drive around looking like a turkey in the oven.
Your info says you are in Florida. To hear tell, it gets a tad warm there with plenty of sunshine. I'd dare that 90%+ of the vehicles have tinted windows for the same reason we do around here. 90%+ of the vehicles aren't drug dealers either. If that is even close, it is time to move.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#37]
No frames on any of the Jeeps I have purchased yeah, but they always include a really cheesy spare tire cover. Who the fuck leaves that on? The last one didn't even make it home before going in the trash.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I made them keep it at the dealership and remove the sticker for the dealer before I picked up the car. I installed a plate from from this very website
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
You drop that much money on a vehicle, you can tell them not to put advertising on it unless they're dropping the price another grand. Nothing about being a jackass and yes, I've done that with every new vehicle I've ever purchased.

I'd *probably* say that if I was leasing too, but I've never leased and since I would just be turning it in at the end, I may choose to leave a tag on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I didn’t even let them out there dealer name on the car itself
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Wife just got a new car. The dealer put their name on back under the model badge. It's only 5 letters and doesn't stand out. I'll let it slide. They treated us good.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I remove them
View Quote
First thing I do when I get home. Straight into the garbage. Plate frames, plates, stickers, everything is gone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Most dealerships I've talked to can't afford my daily advertising rates.

I didn't put the shit on the car. Dealership has a detailing department and the dealership's minimum wage lot porters need work.

Get that shit off my car before it leaves your lot, or else it aint coming with me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nope, most plate frames are illegal in Texas where I bought my Jeep - can’t cover state or any part of any number. Dealership gave me $500 credit for keeping their rear tire cover on for 6 months, which I did, then replaced.
View Quote
Yup, it's generally not legal to cover any of the text on a plate and most dealer frames cover stuff. I swap them out for the thin black ones just for a finished look. I'm always amazed that the dealers get away with those things.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't make a scene out of it, I just make sure to tell the salesman and each additional person involved that I won't be signing final paperwork until I see the car and verify the condition, including lack of dealer promotional junk. When it comes out with that stuff still on it I just point at it and the salesman usually makes some excuse about the shop guys not listening and has someone come take it off while he tries to upsell me some other stuff. He's full of it and never actually told the prep guys anything, but whatever. The only time it was an issue other than normal dealership games was my last Ford. I made the mistake of going back inside because it was cold. We did paperwork and I came out and that shit was still on the car. Dealer sticker, dealer plate frame, dealer badge... the back of the car looked like I was sponsored. It had already been a less than wonderful time and I went back in, waited till the sales manager wasn't on the phone and put the keys and paperwork on his desk and showed him the photo of the back of the car. Since he was one of the people who'd been clearly told it wasn't supposed to be there, and had promised it wouldn't be in writing (email, but...), he got the hint. But that was par for the course at that place and I haven't bought another car from that dealer group. I've never had an issue with the BMW dealers. I make it clear in the final stages that I don't want anything but the BMW stuff on there and that I'm not kidding. They may have to "remind" aka actually tell the prep guys but no one has gotten bent out of shape about it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I remove the frame and that dang dealer decal they put on the car as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#47]
A coworker who happens to be black told me he, and all his like skinned friends, remove the dealer brackets.

According to him it is another excuse for the popo to pull a brother over.   I guess NY has some loose terminology regarding what is acceptable and not.
You can get stopped with the excuse that the plate frame is not legal.  Then the " I believe I smell marijuana" statement..........
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Part of my deal with them was that I would not advertise for them for free.

When the truck showed up it had a license plate bracket on it, as well as a decal on the bumper.

I refused to "take delivery" of the vehicle.  The guy told me that they could take of the license plate frame but not the decal.  I told him that my fee for advertising was $400 a month, which basically washed out my payment.  They removed it.  Now I had a brand new truck with a perfect gummy oval on the bumper where the decal had been. Refused delivery again, until they had their detail shop remove the remnants.

Yes, I was being cunty, but a deal is a deal........
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Unless I’m getting a monthly stipend for advertising for them or they cut a huge amount off the sale price, all that dealer crap comes off.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I have my own shop, so yeah..... dealer frames go into the garbage. Turns out I live in a popular tourist area, so I was very calculated and displayed our towns name prominently on my frames. I've had several customers in different states ask for frames for their other vehicles. Of course I oblige. I know for sure that my plate frames have made it to Texas and Nevada, amongst others. I take on a limited number of customers with fringe vehicles. My frames have become somewhat of a badge of honor.
Page / 3
Top Top