Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2010 5:17:10 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about these?   The specs have it at 8.8 oz which is ridiculously light for any pocket auto IMHO.  Two of the local shops have them in stock but I know virtually nothing about them. Are they a renamed jennings, Bryco, Raven or what?  Anyway, I just thought I would ask.

Linky poo

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
My local shop has a couple of them.  They look neat. But I have no need as that niche is already filled by other guns. But if I were looking for another .380 I would be looking at these.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
For a pocket pistol, why not the LCR?

It's smaller.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
A local shop that I hang out at broke the first one that they had when they were testing it out.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's smaller.

Oh, I don't want one. I already have a Bersa and a PA-63 in 9mm Mak. The shop down the street has them and I just kind of scoffed at it and chalked it up to being some new Lorcin or whatever. He wants 308$ out the door for it.  FWIW, this guy seems to have money as he owns a bunch of property around town and this is just something else to do, for fun.  It almost seems like he's selling his guns at cost. Well, maybe not cost but for a lot cheaper than the other places in town. He gets my business.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone know anything about these?   The specs have it at 8.8 oz which is ridiculously light for any pocket auto IMHO.  Two of the local shops have them in stock but I know virtually nothing about them. Are they a renamed jennings, Bryco, Raven or what?  Anyway, I just thought I would ask.

Linky poo

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

I looked at one of them recently because I'm in the market. Seems they share a lot in principle to Kel-Tec but the trigger seems to be nicer than the P3AT. It's an interesting gun but for three bills there's better choices IMO such as the Ruger LCP and one can pick up a Sig P238 for close to $400.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Glock knock-off.

That's all I needed to see.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's smaller.

Oh, I don't want one. I already have a Bersa and a PA-63 in 9mm Mak. The shop down the street has them and I just kind of scoffed at it and chalked it up to being some new Lorcin or whatever. He wants 308$ out the door for it.  FWIW, this guy seems to have money as he owns a bunch of property around town and this is just something else to do, for fun.  It almost seems like he's selling his guns at cost. Well, maybe not cost but for a lot cheaper than the other places in town. He gets my business.

Joe, care to set me up with your source? I'm looking for a pocket-pistol myself and so far the prices I've seen are high so I was looking at Bud's or CDNN but I'd rather go local.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's smaller.

Which one did he scoff at and want $308 out the door for?  The LCP?

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's smaller.

Do you mean LCP?

Crap!  Yeah, I mean LCP, but the LCR ain't bad it you like wheelguns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks like a micro Glock.  The market is getting saturated with tiny polymer .380 pistols though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's smaller.

Oh, I don't want one. I already have a Bersa and a PA-63 in 9mm Mak. The shop down the street has them and I just kind of scoffed at it and chalked it up to being some new Lorcin or whatever. He wants 308$ out the door for it. FWIW, this guy seems to have money as he owns a bunch of property around town and this is just something else to do, for fun. It almost seems like he's selling his guns at cost. Well, maybe not cost but for a lot cheaper than the other places in town. He gets my business.

Which one did he scoff at and want $308 out the door for? The LCP?

I scoffed at the new Diamondback.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Glock knock-off.

All plastic framed pistols are Glock knock-offs.  Glock is perfection.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock knock-off.

Perfection!  I giggle everytime someone makes that statement.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#15]
someone really needs to make 380 ammo to feed all these little pocket pistols sold over the last few years
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:07:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock knock-off.

Wrong. H&K had the first polymer framed pistol, Glock is the knock off...
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock knock-off.

All plastic framed pistols are Glock HK knock-offs.

Fixed it for you.

eta: Beaten to the truth by a damn hokie.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock knock-off.

All plastic framed pistols are Glock HK knock-offs.

Fixed it for you.

eta: Beaten to the truth by a damn hokie.

Its ok, not everyone can be as cool as us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock knock-off.

Wrong. H&K had the first polymer framed pistol, Glock is the knock off...

I guess Glock just had a better marketing team.  I don't remember hearing about how an H&K could be carried undetected through a metal detector.  I wasn't paying much attention back then.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock knock-off.

Perfect––tupperware
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock knock-off.

Perfect––tupperware

Don't get me wrong.  My current carry/off duty pistol is a Glock 36.  

I just don't buy into the crap about perfection.  Glocks are far from perfect.  They are good working guns that have had their share of problems over the years.  Perfection would not lead to the recalls, such as the huge repair program Glock did on the NYPD pistols.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My review

Thank you for the review.

I am guessing the pistol has a locked breach vs. straight blowback?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top