Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2009 5:55:58 PM EDT
I posted this in the Handgun Forum but I hought i would get better results here. So here I go.

I just found a Desert Eagle 41/44 Magnum at Cabelas and it is being shipped as we speak.

I don't know much about the 41 Magnun so I thought I would ask someone who does. Can the gun shoot the 41 and the 44 without any mods or changes?

What should i be looking for in this tank of a gun? i.e. problems and such.

If this shoots both 41/44 does it mean it is an older model?

I have heard that the older ones have some troubles, is this true?

Thanks fellas in advance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
NOBODY OWNS A DE? WUT?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have experience with the Deagle, but I think the 41/44 means that it comes with two interchangeable barrels
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you just change the barrel and bolt and use the same magazine.  Not 100% certain though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Digging up some old links.

http://zvis.com/dep/depfaqtmpl.shtml?faq/faq3.dat

http://thedeserteagle.yuku.com/

Conversion kit discussion here:
http://www.zvis.com/dep/depfaqtmpl.shtml?faq/faq1.dat

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't have experience with the Deagle, but I think the 41/44 means that it comes with two interchangeable barrels

I just found this out searching the internet. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
In my experience the Desert Eagle is nothing but a show piece used to show off with.

It's nice to get peoples attention but I see no practical point of using one for defense.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a Mark VII in .44 Mag.  It's a pants pisser to shoot.  Fuck the envious, I love the fucker.  Start looking for the 10 and/or 14 inch barrels.  Stick with the .44.  Ammo is more abundant.  Don't palm the bottom of the mag when shooting.  It's not bad to carry under a coat, not bad to shoot and just plain kicks ass.  I use mine for Michigan white tails in the pucker brush where it's so tight you can't even change your mind.

Edited to add ammo selection is crucial.  Bullets must have a copper base/gas checks.  This complicates reloading a little.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one in .44 mag. It was great for deer in the thick stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The real question is, does your deagle have da beamz?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one in .44 and love it. It is very reliable and very accurate. I put a hogue grip and Adjustable sights on it. I would never pay full price for one, but I found such a good deal used I couldn't pass it up. I am not sure if the .41 uses the same mag, but mags are not too expensive. On a side note I ordered my sights and grip from Magnum Research and their customer service is top notch.

ETA does anybody have chrono data on the .44, I would like to see a comparison with a 6" revolver.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have a leupold red dot on my Deagle does that count?   I haven't shot my deagle in a while now
damn might have to go do it this weekend    
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I own a .357 mag version. Obviously made for a man one or two sizes bigger than me. Not a hand-blaster I would have bought for myself, I inherited this thing

The manual cautions against lead/non-jacketed bullets(can plug the gas port), and recomends full power 158gr jacketed bullet ammo. I would imagine the .44 mag and .41 mag versions probably share similiar requirements.

I can say that the DE .357 mag works great, and is as accurate as anybodys .357 magnum.

Not a handgun suitable for ankle carry!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You ever shoot one, satvert?

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Have a Mark VII in .44 Mag.  It's a pants pisser to shoot.  Fuck the envious, I love the fucker.  Start looking for the 10 and/or 14 inch barrels.  Stick with the .44.  Ammo is more abundant.  Don't palm the bottom of the mag when shooting.  It's not bad to carry under a coat, not bad to shoot and just plain kicks ass.  I use mine for Michigan white tails in the pucker brush where it's so tight you can't even change your mind.

Edited to add ammo selection is crucial.  Bullets must have a copper base/gas checks.  This complicates reloading a little.

Not sure if serious.

Sweet double eagles

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Serious as penis head cancer.  Most people dissing da Deagle never held one, never shot one, but sure would own one if they could.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Reccomended for deer hunting
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In my experience the Desert Eagle is nothing but a show piece used to show off with.

It's nice to get peoples attention but I see no practical point of using one for defense.

+1000
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
looks like thinice already posted the most important links.  the .41 was discontinued a long time ago, and i don't own one of those, but i'll bet $20 it uses the same bolt as the .44 (and .50), and a barrel that is of course chambered only for .41 Magnum.  i own them in 357, 44, and 50.  the 44 and 50 bolts are identical/interchangeable, but the 357 is different.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Halfcocked, I think this one is a Mark VII also(it is coming from Maine next week). My buddy has the .50 AE and I loved shooting that thing. Very easy to control. About the reloading. I have the Dillon 550B and I do reload 44 Mag rounds. Will the Hornady XTP HP work for the DE? Thanks again.

P. S. I want to use it for Mountain lion hunting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Any fully jacket base bullet is good and although I've never used the Hornadys I think they would be a good bullet.  I have bought and used some factory rounds using those bullets and they worked fine with good accuracy.  I use Sierra JHC and FPJ match, well, just because that's what I got started with.  Bullets under the 180 grn don't interest me much, especially through the 10 inch tube.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks HC!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#22]
De-cloaking lurker to post -

As they say on 4-chan, I happen to be an expert on this subject.

You will need three items to convert from .44 to .41. This conversion only works on a Mark VII gun. Newer guns are out of luck.

1.  .41 specific bolt.
2.  .41 bbl.
3.  .41 specific magazine

You can use the recoil springs from the .44

I purchased a used Eagle that was an original dual package gun. Somehow the .41 parts had disapeared prior to my purchase.

I got a bbl and magazines from
CDNN

And I lucked out and got a bolt from
Numrich Gun Parts

Installation is easy.  MRI has field strip instructions available.

The hard part is finding any of the parts if you don't have them. I only have one .41 magazine.

The gun is laser accurate, and a pussy cat to shoot. Don't listen to the haters.....

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#23]
A Desert Eagle in .41 Magnum is pretty rare, so it's a nice collector's piece. Depending on which version of the DE it is, you can also buy .357 Magnum and .50AE barrels for it. The current Desert Eagle can swap out all three calibers (plus one or two limited edition calibers) easily, but older DE's are either incapable of changing calibers or can only swap out for one or two calibers but not others.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Did ya get the beamz with your deagle?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

Sweet double eagles

DO WANT!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I gotta ask how much did you pay?  I have my eye on a .41/44 for sale
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Serious as penis head cancer.  Most people dissing da Deagle never held one, never shot one, but sure would own one if they could.

Yep...

I fired a WA member's 50AE...

'bad recoil'? What bad recoil?

If I had the cash, I would probably buy one in .357Mag...

Nothing against the bigger guns, but I'm partial to very absurdly common ammo, and 9mm bullets....

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've shot one.  I'd rather have a large bore upper and a tax stamp for an AR than a DE.

edit: That said, this is America, buy what you want while you still can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I gotta ask how much did you pay?  I have my eye on a .41/44 for sale

700.00........Cabelas wanted 850.00 but I'm a frequent flyer and know the guy in charge of the Gun Library.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm looking for a Desert Eagle in .41 Magnum. If anyone has one for sale,please drop me a line.
Thanks,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a Desert Eagle in .41 Magnum. If anyone has one for sale,please drop me a line.
Thanks,
Clint

Clint, go to Cabelas general website, then click on Gun Library. Type in Desert Eagle and see what they have. It will show all the stores in the nation.

They had a few different types of Deagles in stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks,I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, if you were to only have one handgun, it probably shouldn't be a DE.  However, if you have MANY handguns, why not a DE?

I am still sad.  Back last December, I found a mint DE, with .44 and .50 barrels, and several mags of each caliber.  For $650.  

No money, with the holidays.

(Plus, it was black.  I want a SS one.  Does that make me racist? )
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if you were to only have one handgun, it probably shouldn't be a DE.  However, if you have MANY handguns, why not a DE?

I am still sad.  Back last December, I found a mint DE, with .44 and .50 barrels, and several mags of each caliber.  For $650.  

No money, with the holidays.

(Plus, it was black.  I want a SS one.  Does that make me racist? )

DO WANT!!! I can't find a good used 50AE anywhere. A SS or titanium would be awesome!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top