Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 4:46:42 AM EDT
Our buddy Denny G. of the Vikes is getting the hook today (most likley).  Anybody care?  
The local media asked around town, and almost everybody was glad to see him go.  Except the 'Urban League' who said if he was white, he would be treated differently....
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Denny Green will wind up with another coaching job (head or assistant) or he'll get a job as a football analyst.  Either way, he's in no danger of winding up out on the street.

And he won't be the only NFL coach fired this season.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#2]
They should have axed him a few years ago, his being black was probably why they didn't. They need to dump most of his coaching staff as well. The Vikings have had some real talented players over the last several years, but unfortunately the coaches didn't know how to use them.
Maybe next year. [:(]
[>]:)]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Football is a business. Green didn't get it done so out he goes. Just like any business. If he were white it just would have been a lot sooner, but that's racial politics for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top