Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:27:54 AM EDT
Link to video on this page

Spadaro is the former head of the National Mine Health and Safety Academy (MSHA)

COLMES: Why was it open then? If you, as a safety expert, feels it should not have been, why was it open?

SPADARO: I think it’s because of the current Bush administration’s policies toward mine operators and their reluctance to take the strong enforcement action that’s sometimes necessary. And that often involves closing a mine.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Jack, let’s not politicize this! I mean, already, what do you want, to blame George Bush with this? Is that where you’re headed with this political question? I don’t think this is the time to go into that.

There certainly are issues. This mine was cited for over 200 violations, 46 during an 11-week period late in the year. They’ve been fined thousands of dollars. But I can’t see an instance where it was recommended that they close it.

SPADARO: Well, actually, there were three orders to close portions of the mine that were issued in the October to the December period. And there has been a significant change since the Bush administration took over, the enforcement of mine safety and health.

And I can speak to that, because I worked in the agency, and I talk with people every day who tell me that, in recent years, and particularly in recent months, there’s been a reluctance on the part of the top management at the Mine Safety and Health Administration…

HANNITY: All right, you’ve got a political…

SPADARO: … to enforce the law.

HANNITY: We don’t have time tonight to get into this, nor do I think it’s appropriate. But you clearly have a political agenda that, if I had enough time, I’m sure I…

BTW, Here's a chart on mining deaths for the last 10 years. Kinda blows that morons story to hell that Bush is responsible for a decline in the enforcement of mine safety.  

LINK TO DATA AND ARTICLE

Coal Mine Fatalities, 1995 -2005

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#1]
BUSH'S FAULT!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Boy, I never saw that one coming.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm hungry.

I blame bush for not getting me a double cheese from Wendy's.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The link to the video at the top of the linked page just brings you back to the same place.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
It is Bill Clinton's fault.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, only a matter of time.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The link to the video at the top of the linked page just brings you back to the same place.

After clicking the "link to video" link, scroll down under the transcript of the interview and you'll see a download URL for the video.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
That damn Karl Rove sure stays busy doin W's dirty work.

I'm sure when he took the job that he had no idea he'd get to start  tsunamis or hurricanes, much less blow up levees and coal mines.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]

The Democrats are obsessed with bringing down the Bush / Republican administration . This is the only way they know how . By CONSTANTLY hammering the public with anti - Bush rhetoric and lies .
Whatever the issue , make it Bush's fault .  It's been very effective .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top