Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 3:00:38 PM EDT
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Looking past the presidential nomination fight, Democratic leaders quietly fret that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton at the top of their 2008 ticket could hurt candidates at the bottom.

They say the former first lady may be too polarizing for much of the country. She could jeopardize the party's standing with independent voters and give Republicans who otherwise might stay home on Election Day a reason to vote, they worry.

In more than 40 interviews, Democratic candidates, consultants and party chairs from every region pointed to internal polls that give Clinton strikingly high unfavorable ratings in places with key congressional and state races.

"I'm not sure it would be fatal in Indiana, but she would be a drag" on many candidates, said Democratic state Rep. Dave Crooks of Washington, Ind.

Unlike Crooks, most Democratic leaders agreed to talk frankly about Clinton's political coattails only if they remained anonymous, fearing reprisals from the New York senator's campaign. They all expressed admiration for Clinton, and some said they would
publicly support her fierce fight for the nomination — despite privately held fears.

The chairman of a Midwest state party called Clinton a nightmare for congressional and state legislative candidates.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't want to be associated with that witch either, by marriage, blood, or political party.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Clinton will ride straight to the top, then bring her entire party down with her when she loses in '08. There's no way she can win unless half the voting public forgets election day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Many people would think it would be a neat novelty if a former first lady(and I use this term very loosely) was elected president.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Many people would think it would be a neat novelty if a former first lady(and I use this term very loosely) was elected president.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also, a lot of women will vote for her just because she's a female, regardless of political issues.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Clinton will ride straight to the top, then bring her entire party down with her when she loses in '08. There's no way she can win unless half the voting public forgets election day.

I hope that you are right.  Our risk is if our half of the voting public forgets election day.  Arent dems better at getting voter turnout?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, a lot of women will vote for her just because she's a female, regardless of political issues.

Also, a lot of women will vote against her just because she's a fucking bitch.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that you are right.  Our risk is if our half of the voting public forgets election day.  Arent dems better at getting voter turnout?

Hillary is awfully polarizing.  I'm thinking she'll get a lot of voters to the polls...but they won't be the voters she wants.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a lot will vote against her for the very same reason.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, a lot of women will vote against her just because she's a fucking bitch.

+1. My wife is a Dem and WILL NOT vote for the c^nt.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, around these parts, they will pick you up at your house in a church bus.  Then make sure who you know for whom you're supposed to vote.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just got back from a week with the in-laws and all they talked about was socialized medicine and universal healthcare. They can't wait to vote the Clinton/Kucinich ticket.

She and Slick Willie had eight years to fix health care.

What happened?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
When is the first primary?

I hear Florida moved theres to DECEMBER 15TH!

Top Top