User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:02:52 AM EDT
Here is my letter:

60 Minutes
524 West 57th St.
New York, NY 10019

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been an avid watcher of 60 Minutes for most of my life.  However, the recent allegations that memos 60 Minutes based their reporting on may be forgeries has really struck a nerve with me.  This issue has caused me to lose confidence in 60 Minutes and CBS News and their reporting.  If these memos turn out to be forgeries, I would expect a major shake-up or resignations at all levels in the CBS News organization, not excluding such people as Dan Rather and producer Josh Howard as I believe a correction does not do enough to counter the damage done by this report.

Recently, there has been a slant in the reporting style of 60 Minutes.  There has been more reporting on issues seemingly unfit for a news program that had, until recently, been held in such high esteem.  The slant towards stories that seem to promote, rather than report had begun to tarnish your reputation.  This recent memo issue only seems to solidify the downward spiral of a once respected news program.

Please respond to my letter with detailed information on how 60 Minutes will handle this situation, including what you are doing now to make sure independent verification of these memos takes place.

Sincerely,

Eric A. Mayer

This will go into the SNAIL MAIL today, as it will have much more effect.

EAM  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
*Change name, print*
*address envelope*
*drop in mailbox*

I can spare 40 cents for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top