BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 7:06:05 AM EDT
[url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49116,00.html[/url]

The stupid do seem to be in charge...[:(!]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]"But in the last month, lawmakers have called for raising the levies on alcohol, junk food, [b]health club memberships, vegetable seeds, yarn[/b], and even candy sold in nursing homes, hospitals, and school."[/i]

Health club memberships, YARN?!? WTF?

So if you smoke, drink and eat junk food - your medical bills are a drain on taxpayers (so what's my HMO for?) and should pay higher taxes.

And if you're healthy and excersize at a club, you should pay higher taxes too??

I'm just waiting for the biggest f*cking earthquake to crack off Kalifornistan as well as the entire New England seaboard. F-EM!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they should put a tax on being a politician.
Or better yet, an oxygen tax. If you breathe you pay.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My bitch is all the taxes smokers pay for "healthcare, prevention, ect."

When I quit smoking, who paid for the patches ? I did.
Who paid for the Zyban ? I did.
If I get sick, who's gonna pay for the hospital... Me and my insurance.

They give out free rubbers to prevent STDs, they should dole out free patches for those who want to quit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top