Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:16:13 AM EDT
Yesterday my wife and I went out and spent just over a days wages on stuff to donate to the Red Cross for hurricane relief.  My business, a vending company, is also sending cases of bottles water and all close dated product.  And then I get home last night and get slapped in the face by people on TV playing the race card blaming the lack of relief on "whitey".   AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

Celine Dion, possibly the whitest woman in this country and not even a US citizen, dropped $1,000,000.00 on hurricane relief but the NFL players are only donating $5,000.00 each.  Something is wrong with this picture.   If this is a race issue, where are the actors, musicians and sports figures of similar race, who have $$$?   I don't see any of them on TV making donations etc.  Makes me go

I hope I didn't break any COC rules, but I needed to vent.

Aaron
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
i couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think this tragedy is really bringing to light so much hypocrisy.  

But will everyone see it?  Hell no.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Not even an issue, but the media and unnamed "others" making it one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I just can't believe how this whole hurricane disaster has turned into an even bigger story due to race, rather then the destruction and death it's causing.  Can't we all just get along?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#6]
True, how much did Kanye West donate?

Or did he feel his appearance on TV was enough?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Can you say whitey here ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Invariably, issues involving blacks come around to race.  Not all of the black community, but a substantial percentage still feels their current plight (be it hurricane, or poverty, or urban blight..) is largely the fault of others.  

Listen to the leaders of the black community.  They point fingers elsewhere, but not at their own people or, more appropriatly, their culture.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just can't believe how this whole hurricane disaster has turned into an even bigger story due to race, rather then the destruction and death it's causing.  Can't we all just get along?

Digital

Thank you Rodney King!  Very true.  But everyone getting along is not newsworthy.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I am still confused about this. Were only black people affected by this disaster? According to the census they are not the only race living in New Orleans.

quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22071.html
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sure! Most of us don't really mind.

<--- Blue eyed devil checkin' in!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mind, probably aginast CoC though.

<----------whitest trash you'll ever find
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]
They don't like it they can GTFO I don't like them either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Invariably, issues involving blacks come around to race.  Not all of the black community, but a substantial percentage still feels their current plight (be it hurricane, or poverty, or urban blight..) is largely the fault of others.  

Listen to the leaders of the black community.  They point fingers elsewhere, but not at their own people or, more appropriatly, their culture.

One black leader that didn't point fingers elsewhere, Bill Cosby.  Unfortunately, the other black leaders have turned on him as he isn't following the script.  That makes others of a similiar mind not want to speak out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One black leader that didn't point fingers elsewhere, Bill Cosby.  Unfortunately, the other black leaders have turned on him as he isn't following the script.  That makes others of a similiar mind not want to speak out.

Funny, I had written another paragraph about Mr Cosby, but chose to delete it prior to posting as I thought it might be too inflamatory.  You are exactly right, however.  Mr Cosby will speak with logic and brevity pointing out the black communities faults (we all have some..) and for that he is ostricized.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mind, probably aginast CoC though.

<----------whitest trash you'll ever find

Me either, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I could reply, honestly, but I would probably get banned.

It's really quiet clear... But, anyone who is not black cannot speak the thruth about the matter, because then they are racists.

But, it's really obvious.... easy is on the right track.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I could reply, honestly, but I would probably get banned.

It's really quiet clear... But, anyone who is not black cannot speak the thruth about the matter, because then they are racists.

But, it's really obvious.... easy is on the right track.

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#19]

For the past 25+ years they've been dipping into my wallet for their welfare checks and free medical care while they ignorantly wallowed utterly unprepared in a corrupted city of their own making knowing full well that they already live underwater AND in a hurricane belt - and now they're sure get an even bigger grab from my wallet whether I like it or not.

So no, I won't donate to this one.

Sorry.

Go peddle your lameass race-guilt somewhere else.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am still confused about this. Were only black people affected by this disaster? According to the census they are not the only race living in New Orleans.

quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22071.html

I heard a (black) member of CONGRESS claim on CNN that the "speed" with which aid reached NO was because of racism.

And Wolf Blitzer, that drooling kool-aid drinking idiot, didn't think to remind the member of congress that a lot more places than just N.O. were hit hard by this storm, and they weren't faring any better in the relief speed department despite being mostly white communities. Thus how could racism be a factor?

He also could have pointed out that in these other communities that were just as devestated, there wasn't anyone shooting at rescue workers or doing anywhere near the level of looting.

Was that the result of "racism" too?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#21]
What I have yet to hear about is accual victims volunteering in any capacity. They show countless able bodied folks just standing around doing nothing yet people from all over the states with no special skill sets are heading down to NO to help out. I'm not saying its not happening but I've not heard a single report.

Jump ahead to sept. 1 2006.  I can hear it now... "Is my brand new home built yet" said by a twenty five year old, displaced and jobless katrina victim.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What I have yet to hear about is accual victims volunteering in any capacity. They show countless able bodied folks just standing around doing nothing yet people from all over the states with no special skill sets are heading down to NO to help out. I'm not saying its not happening but I've not heard a single report.

Jump ahead to sept. 1 2006.  I can hear it now... "Is my brand new home built yet" said by a twenty five year old, displaced and jobless katrina victim.

You just riled me up again!  Grrrrrrrr...you are soooooooo correct!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
There is a kid that lives down my street that I nicknamed Whitey. I agree, it's his fault.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Anything now days is called racism by black people,  They throw the race card out like its a freakin get out get out of jail free card,

this video shows the general  "black people" situation and POV.  
"No one is trying to help us,  etc"  What the fuck is all the troops and Red cross down there for then?  Who the hell are they bussing out of NO if they arent trying to help the black people too?
Man what a bunch of worthless idiots.    

I cannot find the footage right off hand of some people from biloxi that their POV on it was they thank god for being alive and will suck it up and drive on even though their house was flattened.   Everything they owned is gone.
Can you guess what color these people were?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I heard a black comedian tell a joke that went like this. "The state won't let me get the custom license plate I want because it has too many letters in it, you tell me, are there too many letters in 'kill whitey'. This was broadcast on TV. Pretty funny, huh?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I heard a black comedian tell a joke that went like this. "The state won't let me get the custom license plate I want because it has too many letters in it, you tell me, are there too many letters in 'kill whitey'. This was broadcast on TV. Pretty funny, huh?

Hey, I'm whitey the blue eyed devil cracker. I think it's funny. I don't get upset over deragatory remarks. They gotta try a little harder than that to get me riled up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#27]
This thread is racist and needs to be locked now,like the other threads.

Personally,I could care less.But this site has set a precedent with"racial" threads and needs to stay the course instead of veering off well set guidlines.

[Joke]Maybe I can start a "Death to Blacky" thread[/Joke]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#28]
[Chris Farley]KILL WHITEY!!![/Chris Farley]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...Celine Dion, possibly the whitest woman in this country and not even a US citizen, dropped $1,000,000.00 on hurricane relief...

Aaron

According to Urban Anthropology magazine, Celine Dion is 2nd only to Wolf Blitzer as "Whitest Person in the Northern Hemisphere".

It has been reported by CNN that, "Everyone in New Orleans" is the blackest.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This thread is racist and needs to be locked now,like the other threads.

Personally,I could care less.But this site has set a precedent with"racial" threads and needs to stay the course instead of veering off well set guidlines.

[Joke]Maybe I can start a "Death to Blacky" thread[/Joke]

Nah. Nobody here actually hates white people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Screw them, they don't get dime one from me!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Celine Dion, possibly the whitest woman in this country and not even a US citizen, dropped $1,000,000.00 on hurricane relief but the NFL players are only donating $5,000.00 each.  Something is wrong with this picture.   Aaron

Maybe the $5,000 figure is the "official" NFL figure, but I have heard stories about some players doing a lot more than that.  Brett Farve and Steve McNair both paid to have loaded up tractor trailers sent to their hometowns in Mississippi.   I heard that so far, Farve has sent one and McNair has sent five. I am sure that there are others that are doing a lot, too.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Anything now days is called racism by SOME black people,  They throw the race card out like its a freakin get out get out of jail free card,

Fixed it.

The black folks I know are some of the most wonderful folks you are ever going to meet. They are some of the most level headed people on the planet, and they still believe in discipline for their kids.

God bless them.

But the folks I know aren't often promoted as black "leaders".
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
For the past 25+ years they've been dipping into my wallet for their welfare checks and free medical care while they ignorantly wallowed utterly unprepared in a corrupted city of their own making knowing full well that they already live underwater AND in a hurricane belt - and now they're sure get an even bigger grab from my wallet whether I like it or not.

So no, I won't donate to this one.

Sorry.

Go peddle your lameass race-guilt somewhere else.

DITTO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
how much did snoop dog and fitty cent give?

Fiddy cent and "give" don't go together in the same sentence, unless referrencing an STD.

Narcissist thugs don't "give" anything to anyone. Even what looks like charity is really nothing more than exalting themselves.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
how much did snoop dog and fitty cent give?

'Sup Brewsizzle? Red Cross is comin' up on beaucoup awards. And the donations? They'll last longer than the D-O-Double-Gizzle. Plus, Nawlin's is getting the hookup nephew, fo sho!

Sorry, the Damn-near Chrysler ad popped into my head.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
...the thug rapper market got rich of these exact people.

Very astute point.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Folks who pull out the race card are ignorant.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
....but the thug rapper market got rich of these exact people.

Wrong bro.the rappers get rich off of middle class white kids.They make up the majority of cd sales.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
i couldn't agree more.

+1
that seems to be all you hear now
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong bro.the rappers get rich off of middle class white kids.They make up the majority of cd sales.

Do they make up the majority of gangster rap sales?  Maybe, maybe not.  Regardless, it is a safe statement to say that people like the New Orleans inner city dwellers helped make the thug rappers rich, even if they were not solely responsible for it.

There's a deeper sociological dynamic that is the overall point, i.e. that the vermin  that produce this "music" don't give a flying fuck about the people who worship them, buy their poison, and live and die trying to emulate them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Celine could buy an NFL team. That doesn't excuse NFL players for being cheap bastards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#45]
If a black guy trips over the sidewalk, then the sidewalk is racist.

The race card gets played instantly nowadays, in all circumstances.

THE LIBERALS WON.  GAME OVER.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Which Whitey? Herzog or Ford?!? What he do wrong?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#47]
You all know the old saying:
HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF

If this tragedy was inflicted upon a Jewish settlement would things be different????
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they make up the majority of gangster rap sales?  Maybe, maybe not.

They dont buy CDs (or DVDs) in the ghetto, bootlegs are alive and well. I get 3-4 guys selling them every week in front of the store.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Can't we all just get along?

Digital

Rodney King is rolling over in the crack house right now because of that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I think it's more of a culture thing rather than a color thing.

One is inextricably a function of the other.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top