Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 10:11:18 PM EDT
A buddy of mine stopped in a shop in Ocala FL today and asked about correct-cap magazines.  The guy behind the  counter (no idea if it was the owner or not) told him that Glock wouldn't have unmarked mags out for a couple of months, and that he couldn't sell the LEO marked mags.  What a joke.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he didn't want to ... might be saving them for his LE Customers...

He has the right to refuse and you have the right to go somewhere else.

MT

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the soup-nazi saying fits quite appropriately: "Stupid dealer, NO MONEY FOR YOU! "
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#3]
wrong thread
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Give him a copy of the ATF letter.  Some of these people seem to believe the markings make the law.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

MT

Yep, private enterprise.
I went to Kesselrings friday, they were selling glock LEO's by the bucketfull....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
educate him...?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

MT

thank you captain fucking obvious.

He didn't say he wouldn't, he said he COULDN'T.  As in "the ban sunsetting does not allow me to sell you these mags".  Who is it here that has the sigline about it not being illegal to be stupid?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
go somewheres else!

they dont want your bussiness
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay ...ssscccccccccuuuse me...

I was trying to be a smarty pants for a change....

Hey if you want, I will grab some at Kesselrings and send them down to you I COULD  and WOULD do that???

MT (AKA CapEtan Fookin obVass)
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I just told him to order 'em off the web.  He never will though, he's one of those "I want it right this minute and I'll pay twice what it's worth" kinda guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
At the gunshop, he still wants $125 for 12 round P229 mags. I called a local gunsmith Wed., to ask about barrel threading, and he said "wheel partna, we a not sure how long da ban will be over for so we ain't doin at yet".
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I believe the soup-nazi saying fits quite appropriately: "Stupid dealer, NO MONEY FOR YOU! "

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I have talked to dealers who are fully aware of what the sunset means. But they still choose not to sell LEO marked mags/weapons to civilians. They are all thinking in terms of liability, they think that if a new AWB is put into effect, it will come and bite the in the ass somehow. As you obviously already know, its not that he "cant" it because he "won't" so fuck 'em!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have talked to dealers who are fully aware of what the sunset means. But they still choose not to sell LEO marked mags/weapons to civilians. They are all thinking in terms of liability, they think that if a new AWB is put into effect, it will come and bite the in the ass somehow. As you obviously already know, its not that he "cant" it because he "won't" so fuck 'em!!!

That's just what they say.  The real deal is that they want to sell off all their pistols with fag-mags and all their fag mags first so they don't lose money.  Who would buy a Glock 17 now with fag-mags when they can simply wait a little while and get one with regular mags?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Yep!......Let your feet and your $ make the point!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Would this be Ocala Armory?  I hope not, I have had good dealings with them in the past.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A buddy of mine stopped in a shop in Ocala FL today and asked about correct-cap magazines.  The guy behind the  counter (no idea if it was the owner or not) told him that Glock wouldn't have unmarked mags out for a couple of months, and that he couldn't sell the LEO marked mags.  What a joke.

Piss on him. Vote with your wallet.
There are plenty of places selling LEO mags like their ass is on fire.
I have purchased 5 NIW SIG leo mags this week from various places, all at least fair to great prices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Print:  www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.pdf  and this: www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-faqs.pdf

highlight this: portion:
Q: Are SAWs and LCAFDs marked “Restricted law enforcement/government use only” or
“For export only” legal to sell to civilians in the United States?
A: Yes. SAWs and LCAFDs are no longer prohibited. Therefore firearms with the restrictive
markings are legal to transfer to civilians in the United States and it will be legal for nonprohibited
civilians to possess them. All civilians may possess LCAFDs.

Hand deliver to the shop.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MT

thank you captain fucking obvious.

He didn't say he wouldn't, he said he COULDN'T.  As in "the ban sunsetting does not allow me to sell you these mags".  Who is it here that has the sigline about it not being illegal to be stupid?

You have a lot of pent-up anger and hostility, Norm. Learn to control your anger, bud. What the hell do you care if some gun shop won't sell LEO mags.  Go somewhere else.  It's not the end of the world.  Maybe your friend looked suspicious and didn't want to sell him any.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Was it Ocala Armory? I bet not.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Dealers like this probably have too many 10 rd mags...when they are gone, they will change their policy...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up 5 Glock 23 mags today at my local dealer. The guy said " you're LE, right?"  to which I responded, " as of Monday, it doesn't matter."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top