User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 11:30:46 AM EDT
How many lives were saved?  The horror.

[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002360334,00.html/[/url]

(loads kinda slow)

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
this shit is getting out of hand.. thats exactly what the terrorists wanted to do.. disrupt our lives.. and they've fucking won! good thing ihave my own fucking airplane..

this shit pisses me off..
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a deadly accurate rifle ---- chambered in .0000223    ha ha ha ha [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
what the hell do they do to the little 2 inch toys when they take them from people?  burn them so they don't work anymore? hahahah i'm starting to think whoever is in control of the airport stuff needs to get a BJ and get the fuck out of my USA!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Who can we write to tell them how [b]STUPID[/b] these policies are?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if they ban lightsabers and such from star wars toys?  bah i'm done with this rant

*goes outside and smokes a carton*
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm all for checking people and all for guns and knives but a 2 inch gun or even the smaller gijoes with like less than an inch of a gun that weighs .0001 of an oz.  its just ridicoulous hwoever u spell it bah!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what the hell do they do to the little 2 inch toys when they take them from people?  burn them so they don't work anymore? hahahah i'm starting to think whoever is in control of the airport stuff needs to get a BJ and get the fuck out of my USA!
View Quote

The UN lines the all up and runs them over with a Tonka steam roller, and then Industrial Light and Majic gets involved and you end up with... A MEDIA EVENT!

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
We can all sleep safely tonite knowing America is guarded by our airport screeners.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Dear God!!! Do you realize how close we were to being killed by terrorists! Those security guards were sharp as tacks. That was a dehydrated assault rifle, had he added a drop of water it would have reconstituted itself into a full size AR. Those Brits are sly bastards...Another save by the Airport Ninjas....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Security chiefs at Los Angeles airport said: “We have instructions to confiscate anything that looks like a weapon or a replica.

I recently took a trip to Vegas. and had a ball point pen in my pocket on the way out there.

On my way to the airport, as it was jabbing me in the leg, it occured to me that security might take issue with it..it was a Cross rolling ball pen, which, when uncapped, could mess someone up pretty good.

No probs.

And they confiscate a GI Joe gun?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
From the article -

“I can understand them wanting to ban weapons or things that look like weapons, but surely common sense has to take over at some point.
View Quote

Well, actually, no it doesn't.

1934. 1968. 1986. 1994.

Common sense has been out of vogue for some time now.

what's funny is that the quote above is from a Brit.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Security chiefs at Los Angeles airport said: “We have instructions to confiscate anything that looks like a weapon or a replica."
quote]

The "security guard" should treat the toy soldier and his gun as a weapon. It is a NASTY weapon, especially when someone could SHOVE IT UP HIS ASS and tell him what dumbshit he is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Big_Bear, you and I have met the same "security guard".  About fifteen years ago the wife and I are taking the kids down to Orlando to see Mickey.  Passing through the checkpoint along with my keys and such, one round of .45 wadcutter from the range.  Guy could not of jumped further back if I had pulled out a grenade.  Confiscated my round and gave me the speech...
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Kinda takes the GI out of GI Joe...

So now the kid has a Ken doll in a dashing white parka---soon to be all the rage[:X]
[:(]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been on public flights like 747's with zippo lighters,knives, catridge casing keychains, multitools, all sorts  of shit and no one ever said a thing
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I made it through several years ago with a bottle of 190 proof Everclear...didn't even cross my mind until I was home. It could have made one hell of a malatov cocktail!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I am sorry I can't quite laughing.

So did they De-mil it with a cigarette Lighter??

THATS FIRE YOU CAN'T HAVE FIRE IN AN AIRPORT.

Ben

Saturday Night Live should do A skit.
Oh God , Chris Farley as the security guy and Adam Sandler as the traveler.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]

[b]POST BAN......., NO BAYO LUG !!![/b]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]

I PREDICT:

Somewhere, sometime, someone will be banned from getting on a plane because they have a PICTURE of a gun somewhere on their person - in a book, a magazine, a T-shirt - wherever.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I PREDICT:

Somewhere, sometime, someone will be banned from getting on a plane because they have a PICTURE of a gun somewhere on their person - in a book, a magazine, a T-shirt - wherever.

View Quote

Hell, that is already the case in schools.  I remember reading Guns & Ammo in class in high school, now you can get susspended for it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I PREDICT:

[/qoute]
Hell, that is already the case in schools.
I remember reading Guns & Ammo in class in high school, now you can get susspended for it.
View Quote

That's nothing, we used to take shotguns to school because we had a sporting clays club that met after school. They were kept in our lockers and we NEVER had problems. That was ninth grade, I was only about 15!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top