Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:09:55 AM EDT
No not an LEO bashing thread.

Its what my daughter and I call it when we have hot waxed poured onto our faces in an effort to stay beautiful!

Typically Whitney will do me and I'll do her but this past time I went to the salon to have it done.  I go to the salon about every other month and Whitney keeps me in good shape in between.

This time I must have had a weird reaction to the wax or something because under my eyes and above my lip I have a million blisters and a ton of bruising.  Let me tell you, they hurt too!  They hurt more like bruises than burns though.  Craziest dern thing ever.

Anyone else ever have this happen?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow Patti...Did they put on any kind of cream afterwards? Maybe that's what you're having a re-action to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a sub-dermal abrasion with bruising.

Ice IMMEDIATELY after procedure and see if that helps.

The title got my mind...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The title got my mind...

Blah, with a good attorney I could be vacationing in Aruba right?  No cold cream, nothing different that I can tell.  Weirdest dern thing ever though.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The title got my mind...

Blah, with a good attorney I could be vacationing in Aruba right?  No cold cream, nothing different that I can tell.  Weirdest dern thing ever though.  Patty

Ya KNOW what happens to blondes down there Patty!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The title got my mind...

Ya KNOW what happens to blondes down there Patty!

Ah...yes, however I believe I would be much more prepared then a young, nieve teenager.  They do allow 1911's over there don't they?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had a reaction to waxing the first few times I did it (blisters, really red & sensitive to touch), but the last few times I've gone its been a breeze.  Maybe the type of wax they are using doesn't agree with your skin?  Do you have any of these problems when you do it at home?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've had a reaction to waxing the first few times I did it (blisters, really red & sensitive to touch), but the last few times I've gone its been a breeze.  Maybe the type of wax they are using doesn't agree with your skin?  Do you have any of these problems when you do it at home?

I've never had a problem but I've never waxed them at home.  My daughter just plucks them with tweezers.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never had a problem but I've never waxed them at home.  My daughter just plucks them with tweezers.

Patty

Maybe your skin just isn't used to it yet?  I have very sensitive skin, and it took me 6 or 7 times of going before I was okay.  I still get red, but no blisters......

On another note, our men should really start appreciating all the painful work & maintenance we ladies go through to look pretty & to make them happy!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#9]
boy no kidding however regardless of men I'm not going to run around with a 'mushmatch' [as my little guy calls it].

I had it down twice before with no problem this time problems.  Its weird.  I'll have to check to see if she used a new wax or something.  She didn't put anything on me before or after?  Not too happy to say the least.  The first two times she got me crooked and now this!  The daughter straightened them out.  It gives her way too much pleasure though to see me suffer to have her do them exclusively!

Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the same experience with NAIR - SP1 you're a lot tougher than I am!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Eh...Edge Gel and Sensor III razor works for me.

Oh, crap I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was in.  I thought this topic a lil' unusual
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Eh...Edge Gel and Sensor III razor works for me.

Oh, crap I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was in.  I thought this topic a lil' unusual

Perfect opprotunity to use out your new spanking icon SP1.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
um.....Thought you had gotten a speeding ticket or something.....

Would this be where Gabby's sig line comes from?  "Just say no to wax"?????

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#15]
ah yes, but no.  I've been a good girl in regards to speeding tickets! [knock on wood ].  Yes, Gab's sigline is a lesson well learned.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
ah yes, but no.  I've been a good girl in regards to speeding tickets! [knock on wood ].  Yes, Gab's sigline is a lesson well learned.

Patty

Am I the only one who was thinking of Foxworthy's story of Nair....Spatula and a certain "exposed" area?

Damn, I feel sorry for you....Guess I should tell the wife I appreciate it?????
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
You chicks are WACK, wack I say.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought this was going to be about Brazilian.

Women shooters...DeFuzzed...it made sense.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought this was going to be about Brazilian.

Women shooters...DeFuzzed...it made sense.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would this be where Gabby's sig line comes from?  "Just say no to wax"?????

No, THIS is where Gabby's sig line came from.

Page 16, near the bottom.

In a galaxy far far away...........where SP1 only had 47 posts!!!!

That was a very entertaining thread.........
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
In a galaxy far far away...........where SP1 only had 47 posts!!!!

Now shes like Charlie Brown's teacher
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]
hate to say it Lumpy but you've been OWNED dude!   Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#25]
EDIT: Nevermind, Jen already dug it up.  You couldn't resist, huh?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#27]
DAMN, that must hurt like all get out....

Dont know you ladies do stuff like that........
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
EDIT: Nevermind, Jen already dug it up.  You couldn't resist, huh?

I couldn't resist.  It's my favorite thread of all time.  A true ARFCOM classic.  

Well, I'd have to say that I'm proud to go down in ARFcom history, even if it is for things you should never try at home.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey! Why aren't you a team member anymore?

Expired.  And I'm broke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
The things you ladies do....
Silly girls!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:53:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"For the last time, I'm not posting pictures of my cooch.  Stop asking."

OMG!!! Gabs...
Noyoudin't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
DAMN, that must hurt like all get out....

Dont know you ladies do stuff like that........

The defuzzing the face isn't the hardest part.  Its quick and over with in about 30 seconds as long as you don't bruise and blister.  I just actually started having mine done.  I went 40 years with out having my eyebrows done but I kind of like the neat shaped look now.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You chicks are WACK, wack I say.

As it seems natural for us to get fuzzier with age, just want to know your honest reaction to a woman with quite a bit of fuzz (not gnarly and dark, just lots of fuzz) on her face.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey! Why aren't you a team member anymore?

Expired.  And I'm broke.

Eat your words, Leeloo

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This clearly calls for a banana dance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Why don't y'all just use hydrogen peroxide?

I shape my eyebrows with tweezers but I do go in for a touch up wax every once in a while.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.  

What does the peroxide do?  I have a high pain thresh hold too.  I whine though if it takes two weeks for the bruising and blistering to subside from the initial waxing.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why don't y'all just use hydrogen peroxide?

I shape my eyebrows with tweezers but I do go in for a touch up wax every once in a while.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.  

What does the peroxide do?  I have a high pain thresh hold too.  I whine though if it takes two weeks for the bruising and blistering to subside from the initial waxing.  Patty

Ever hear the term "bottle blond"?

ah...no I'm a natural!  Actually I do know that peroxide bleaches but I would think it would help for the eyebrows.  Mine anyway are so dark and thick.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Hydrogen peroxide on your upper lip lightens the hairs so you don't have to wax them.  

My eyebrows are plucked and sometimes waxed.

I'm afraid I'd hust have a blond mustash.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
If you've been shaving or waxing it for years then, yes, it may be coming in thicker now.  

I always understood it as the more you pluck, the finer the hair comes in later.  Proves true with my eyebrows.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you've been shaving or waxing it for years then, yes, it may be coming in thicker now.  

I always understood it as the more you pluck, the finer the hair comes in later.  Proves true with my eyebrows.

My experience is the same too but I'm sure YMMV.  I actually just started doing my eyebrows.  I didn't need to have my lip done until after I had kids. I had it electroically done after Whitney was born and didn't have any "flare" ups until after the birth of my last baby.  Oh the joys of mother hood.

Anyway, no matter what, I'm keeping my lip free and clean.  I might let the eyebrows grow back to bushy - they run in my family!

Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top