Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/10/2014 4:53:50 PM EDT
Wife and I went out for a late dinner last night - I personally am not a fan of the place, but she picked.  I got grilled fresh trout - was actually pretty decent....where I made a mistake - I ate a bowl of lobster bisque soup instead of salad, and we had lobster artichoke dip....  Roughly 3 hours later, I woke up in agonizing GI pain...felt like someone stabbed me with a hot rusty railroad spike.  I spent 3-4 hours on the toilet, each time more painful than the last...  FUCK that place!  I'll never eat there again.  I guess I was fortunate not to also be vomiting all night, bit still sucked really bad....still feel like shit today.  The though of that shit makes me queezy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing happened to me there about 5-6 years ago. I'll never set foot in that place again. You haven't lived until you've shit, pissed, and puked yourself. Literally the only bodily fluid that didn't come out was the fun one...........
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's been on my list of NOPE:

RLobster, Outback, TGIF, Applebeez, Olive Gard, buffets, Chinese buffets.

Just get it out of your system.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same thing happened to me there about 5-6 years ago. I'll never set foot in that place again. You haven't lived until you've shit, pissed, and puked yourself. Literally the only bodily fluid that didn't come out was the fun one...........
View Quote

Yeap... Red Lobster crab cakes got me as well.

3 days worth of fun and excitement from both ends.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I puked so hard from that place I shit my drawers whilst hugging the porcelain god
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
but the cheddar biscuits were legit, right?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Same experience for me. Mine happened on All You Can Eat Shrimp night. This occurred about 2 days after a long power outage. The worst part was when I stumbled into my bathroom in the middle of the night and threw up in the bathtub out of desperation. The rest of the night was hell smelling that shit. I still cannot eat shrimp.

ETA doctor told me I had E. Coli
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Is this a poop thread?

Food poisoning does suck.  I think I had a mild case recently from a chicken Cesar wrap.  Blew out my colon and fortunately it wasn't a prolonged affair.

Interesting factoid:  Your anus can discriminate being solids, liquids and gases.  Sensitive little bugger.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I puked so hard from that place I shit my drawers whilst hugging the porcelain god
View Quote

I hate it when that happens.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF!!!! I love Outback.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No kidding. It ruined seafood for me that summer. And fish/crabs are eaten weekly in the summertime in my family. I wanted to destroy that red lobster.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding. It ruined seafood for me that summer. And fish/crabs are eaten weekly in the summertime in my family. I wanted to destroy that red lobster.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

For the most part I have had good luck with buffets or maybe just enough exposure to make it safe enough.

However, I once ate at a place that had a taco/nacho bar.  Mother of god, nothing can explain the unholy debauchery that occurred in my colon later.  Since then I will only eat at Chinese buffet places manned by Chinese.  And if it is sushi the chef sure as hell better not be mexican.  Just sayin.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got that last month 2 days before a flight to look for a house. Couldn't eat for 4 days after, didn't want to eat for another week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm pretty sure Red Lobster cheddar biscuits have cocaine in them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's a pretty good list.  I'd add Chilis.  They used to be OK, but now they suck ass.  The last time I went there I ordered a margarita on the rocks, and asked for a shot glass.  I poured the drink into the shot glass, and it didn't even fill it.  Waitress looked at me like I was Snowden.

What about Ruby Tuesday? (I like it there.)

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is this a poop thread?

Food poisoning does suck.  I think I had a mild case recently from a chicken Cesar wrap.  Blew out my colon and fortunately it wasn't a prolonged affair.

Interesting factoid:  Your anus can discriminate being solids, liquids and gases.  Sensitive little bugger.

View Quote

You know what to do
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Same experience for me. Mine happened on All You Can Eat Shrimp night. This occurred about 2 days after a long power outage. The worst part was when I stumbled into my bathroom in the middle of the night and threw up in the bathtub out of desperation. The rest of the night was hell smelling that shit. I still cannot eat shrimp.  

View Quote

ETA doctor told me I had E. Coli

I don't know why, but this one has me.....

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
WTF!!!! I love Outback.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF!!!! I love Outback.

You need to get out more.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I ate at one a few weeks back after a long hiatus. The food was very good, the service was excellent, and the place was well maintained.
View Quote
Was it in Nebraska?

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel for you op. I've had food poisoning once.  Worst experience of my life.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had it worse where liquid came out every orifice on my body....I was somewhat fortunate this time - but it was still nasty.  I had to go to Lowes today to grab some materials for a project.....lets just say that it wasn't a fart on my way into the store....
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Double poop thread.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've had it worse where liquid came out every orifice on my body....I was somewhat fortunate this time - but it was still nasty.  I had to go to Lowes today to grab some materials for a project.....lets just say that it wasn't a fart on my way into the store....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Pics of wife?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I feel for you man.

I bought some crab legs last spring that seemed fresh. Grilled them up at home and same deal.

I thought for sure I was going to die, 3 days of that shit. I lost about 15 lbs and it took me about 2 weeks after that to feel normal again.

I still can't even smell shellfish.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Darden Group, bunch of Obama Fluffers. Shame on you for eating there in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The nice part about it is that a few months ago my wife and I both got the stomach bug. I puked once and had the shits and the whole time I was thinking "This sucks, but it's a walk in the park compared to food poisoning"

I will never complain about a stomach virus again after how I felt with food poisoning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#29]
This happened to me years ago before cell phones.  I went to Atlanta to see a girlfriend of mine.  Not knowing the town she picked Red Lobster as our dinner destination.  Of course she ordered the most expensive thing some kinda of lobster dish.  She asked me if it tasted okay... after taking one bite told her I wouldn't eat it.  She did.  The rest of the date went good or so I thought.  She was living with her parents so I took her home at the end of the date and crashed at my cousin's. The next day she didn't answer her phone and when I went by no one was home.  I began feeling bad and  got sick.  Drove home 4 hours drinking gatoraide and pepto.  What a long trip.  Little did I know that my female friend spent the next few days in the hospital with food poisoning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

+87
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Call your county health department, they will inspect the place and they will shut them down.

Same thing happened to me many years ago. Fuck you sonic. I called the next day when I felt like shit. The following day I drove by the place, shut down.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#32]
The only thing I get from RL is the baskets and friend shrimp. It's not good seafood.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Call the county health department.

Serving tainted food to the public is just, well, tacky.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Red Lobster cheddar biscuits have cocaine in them.
View Quote

You can have them anytime you want.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The nice part about it is that a few months ago my wife and I both got the stomach bug. I puked once and had the shits and the whole time I was thinking "This sucks, but it's a walk in the park compared to food poisoning"

I will never complain about a stomach virus again after how I felt with food poisoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got Montezuma's Revenge in Mexico once. It's even worse than food poisoning.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait until you go through all that only to have a severe joint pain set in from whatever toxins your body produced while rejecting that food.

Had food poisoning, from my dumb ass defrosting hamburger incorrectly, last august.    First 12 hours of puking/shitting were bad but the12 hours of intense joint pain that settled in the following day was also pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I puked so hard from that place I shit my drawers whilst hugging the porcelain godhttp://goo.gl/QIS2AB
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Wife and I went out for a late dinner last night - I personally am not a fan of the place, but she picked.  I got grilled fresh trout - was actually pretty decent....where I made a mistake - I ate a bowl of lobster bisque soup instead of salad, and we had lobster artichoke dip....  Roughly 3 hours later, I woke up in agonizing GI pain...felt like someone stabbed me with a hot rusty railroad spike.  I spent 3-4 hours on the toilet, each time more painful than the last...  FUCK that place!  I'll never eat there again.  I guess I was fortunate not to also be vomiting all night, bit still sucked really bad....still feel like shit today.  The though of that shit makes me queezy.
View Quote

Got me the same ting from the vending machine a few weeks ago.  Mmmmm, Ecoli salad....funny thing was...it was a great tasting salad......

and then........poop thread.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Got me the same ting from the vending machine a few weeks ago.  Mmmmm, Ecoli salad....funny thing was...it was a great tasting salad......

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#41]
WOW!!!  E Coli induced triple tap, YO!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone has their Web Browser set to three round burst.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#43]
How were the cheddar biscuits?  Did you bring any home?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing wrong with Outback, Applebees or Olive Garden
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I must be special.

I have never gotten sick from eating Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback, Chinese buffets, etc.

In fact, I've NEVER gotten food poisoning from any restaurant that I know of. Only stomach viruses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I've had it from a sushi place recently and Capt. D's when I was a kid. The sushi place one was bad, they got shut down about a week later for about 30 health discrepancies. I now look up the health inspection reports and actions on the state website before I go somewhere unfamiliar. The worst offenders seem to be buffets. Asian buffets especially, I won't eat at them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
Good times no doubt.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I recall some years ago I went to an uncle's house for Thanksgiving. The night before
we all went to some Chinese place. I was the luck one that got sick. While everyone else

was chowing down on turkey I was puking in the john when I wasn't in bed. I just wanted

everyone to leave me alone. I did hear one girl say "I think somebody got sick in there".

It took a couple of days to get where I could at least drink a milkshake and drive 2 hours to get

home. Very bad.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Made those for my wife from the box tonight with lobster tails, scallops & wild rice. All the fun with none of the damage.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Pretty sure food poisoning does not show up normally for 1-3 days after eating contaminated foods. So you would really be looking for something you ate 24 hrs prior if you believe it was truly food poisoning.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top