Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 4:01:08 PM EDT
“If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.” – Dave Ramsey
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad but true
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
We're fortunate to have a bond rating anywhere above 'junk'.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Really lets you grasp WTF is going on when you take some of those zero's out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Since this makes so much sense, does this mean Dave is not hated here now?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any legal way that we could have some law enforcement entity show up at the next State of the Union speech- with a warrant- and arrest the whole lot of them? Some DA somewhere could twist a legal joint up tight enough to at least pull that off for the embarrassment value, right? I've seen weaker legal cases put up for public consumption. I wish someone would give it a try just for the hell of it...

edit- fat finger typist...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's not him, it's often his short sighted fan club. I love running up my Credit Card - then pay it off in total at the end of the month! Discover is even so kind as to give me points for free things!

Infact, I think my CCs have a better interest rate than what the Greeks can get!

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
“If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.” – Dave Ramsey

Ramsey is being polite.  Most of the BIG spending cuts don't kick in for several years at least, and spending for Obamacare is not even going to be mentioned in a budget until 2014.  Doubleplus ungood.

Steve

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.” – Dave Ramsey

Do we also have a mortgage and car payment?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I love Dave Ramsey.  He tells it like it is...in plain English.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Was he hated before? Guess I'm still new here for the most part.

I have gotten on Dave's plan and it has helped a lot. I'm not saying only Ramsey can get people out of debt but I have found the most helpful plan has been his. To me, he is so down to earth and says what needs to be said to a lot of people, he's a person who's been there, he's been bankrupt but he got out of it. I'm not anti credit cards but I sure as hell don't have five of them anymore and I sold my brand new Tacoma a couple months ago. It's been so nice to be rid of so much lingering debt.

Dave Ramsey is the shit, don't care what anyone says.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.” – Dave Ramsey

Let me make that correct (my proportions may be off, but the thought it correct):

If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a this year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their increase in spending over the next ten years by about $1000 per yearto $72,000 a year. So next year's spending will be $76,000 instead of $77,000. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not him, it's often his short sighted fan club. I love running up my Credit Card - then pay it off in total at the end of the month! Discover is even so kind as to give me points for free things!

Infact, I think my CCs have a better interest rate than what the Greeks can get!

I make roughly $300/year from my Discover card. No, it's never carried a balance. /derailment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it's great that he puts it in a way that people can visualize it.

The sad thing is, I almost hope the whole economy blows up just to get us to the point where we take the problem seriously.

This is not a problem that will be solved without hard work and sacrifice.  An America that is united and determined could fix it, but then again most of the problems we have (not just economic) are caused by our lack of unity.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top