Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 12:28:32 PM EDT
I am going to sign up with the Datek online brokerage, and I recall at one point they had some nice offers for signing up with them.  ANyone know any coupon codes?  Google has not been much help.  I don't want to used E-Trade, the owner is a far left anti-gun liberal.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am going to sign up with the Datek online brokerage, and I recall at one point they had some nice offers for signing up with them.  ANyone know any coupon codes?  Google has not been much help.  I don't want to used E-Trade, the owner is a far left anti-gun liberal.

GunLvr
View Quote

I happened to get one of their applications in the mail today.  Sign up by august 5 and get 15 free trades, if you deposit $2000.  Go to www.datek.com/activetransfer, offer code is CBK.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank God you don't want to deal with E-trade, they are a pain in the ass company. sucks out loud.

Datek has a rep in my company of offering all kinds of great promotions (instant quotes, etc.) but from my friends, I've heard that they've come up short.

You might want to look at TDWaterhouse.  My boss has been trading with them for the past 3 years. I help manage his portfolio and have been very impressed with their online service.  They don't seem to promise the stars and are a very solid company.

[url]www.tdwaterhouse.com[/url]

Good luck regardless,

Andy
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like Datek online,  I use it exclusively now to buy/sell.  Don't know any coupon codes though.  If your in cash though their cash accounts don't offer very high intrest...like .5%, but it is easy to transfer your cash to and from your bank account electroniclly,  it transfers vary fast too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  I was thinking I would avoid Waterhouse, I heard they were charging a fairly hefty quarterly (?) fee if you don't trade enough.  

Worst part about signing up is that they all seem to require paper-work (on real paper) completed before you can trade.  I wanna buy my cheap Worldcom, Disney, and S&P index funds now!!!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes avoid Waterhouse..they are expensive and don't have alot of the great dodads that Datek has.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top