Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Dammit, he is still around to contaminate the Gene pool!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
All that for a Topaz........
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy Cow!

I work on my car and use jackstands.  I also put a second set of stands up as a safety incase I dislodge one of the primary ones.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
quick...somebody post that picture....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
what a dumbass

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Too painful to read after getting to the part about the rotor landing on his head I had to stop!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
i've never worked on a topaz, but didn't it say he was replacing the water pump? whats he got the tire off for?

lemme reread...
nope, he's an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
What an idiot. Everybody knows you can't fix a Topaz
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i've never worked on a topaz, but didn't it say he was replacing the water pump? whats he got the tire off for?

lemme reread...
nope, he's an idiot.

i haven't worked on a topaz either, but i'm assuming it is front wheel drive, so the "front of the motor(where the water pump is) is facing the passenger front wheel. take off the wheel and there is the water pump, serpentine belt......
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Holy Cow!

I work on my car and use jackstands.  I also put a second set of stands up as a safety incase I dislodge one of the primary ones.

At the very minimum, I will toss a couple of tires, rims, or any thing else handy under the car to have something to land on other than my noggin!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#11]
ALWAYS....ALWAYS set up an emergency "buffer" .....just in case.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What an idiot. Everybody knows you can't fix a Topaz

Was an idiot.

This kind of crap is soo sad. But happens everyday. Some people are just stupid and they pay for their stupidity. Too bad Diane Fineswine hasn't paid for her's yet.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
You, sir, are a moron!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
ALWAYS....ALWAYS set up an emergency "buffer" .....just in case.

He did. It was called his "head", which prevented the horrible malicious vehicle from falling on something important, such as his arm, tools or beer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#15]
What a tool! People doing stupid shit like this is what makes me wish that the county would charge
people like this for the expenses incurred from rescuing them from themselves.

That's what you call FAITH: The belief that that little piece of metal is going to keep that big assed
piece of metal, aka: the car! from falling on your dumb ass while you're underneath of it trying to
work on it.

Always use solid wooden blocks, another jack, etc, in case your primary fails. (I had a concrete
block shatter when I was working on my truck, so the pucker factor is always nearby!)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell, I don't even trust my jack stands.  If I'm getting under there and it's in the air, I'm gonna be taking off a wheel and putting it under the frame on the side I'm working.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

lemme reread...
nope, he's an idiot.

In a car with a transverse engine, he may have been able to reach the pump through the wheel well.

ktm500
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top