Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2004 11:29:04 AM EDT
I was a member of freerepublic for quite some time, and every now and then I would raise a differing opinion than that of the kool-aid-drinking, papal-loving, bush-is-the-second-coming posters.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a democrat/liberal/hippy/atheist/etc, nor have I ever been

Well, if you dare question anything the administration does, they accuse you of being a liberal and supporting osama bin laden and saddam hussein.

Dare to say the inquistion was a bad thing, they call you a no-good, satan-loving heretic, who will receive harsher judgement from God, because you 'led people astray' by questioning the actions of 'the church' than those who were responsible for mass murder during the inquisition.

And God help you if you have the audacity to stand up for things such as: stem cell research, euthanasia of the terminally ill, ending the war on drugs, or tell those advocating the mass murder of one particular religion that they are wrong.

Do any of those, and you will wind up like me; BANNED.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a link, so we can see for ourselves?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And God help you if you have the audacity to stand up for things such as: stem cell research, euthanasia of the terminally ill, ending the war on drugs, or tell those advocating the mass murder of one particular religion that they are wrong.

So you support the killing of babies but are against the killing of terrorist?

Yup.

You're a fuck troll.

Now get the fuck out of here also.

Sgatr15

<---------------------------------per CoC
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]

"What happens at Freerepublic stays at Freerepublic..."

Hippy...!
...!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you support the killing of babies but are against the killing of terrorist? Yup. You're a fuck troll.
Now get the fuck out of here also.Sgatr15<---------------------------------per CoC

umm...when did i ever say i dont support killing of terrorists? because i don't think every muslim on the face of the planet wants to strap a bomb to their child and go blow up a bunch of innocent people?

i hate being painted as coming from the same ilk as people who think the way you do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Got a link, so we can see for ourselves?

every last one of my posts were erased. once you get banned there, all of your posts/threads get pulled.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

umm...when did i ever say i dont support killing of terrorists? because i don't think every muslim on the face of the planet wants to strap a bomb to their child and go blow up a bunch of innocent people?

Yup

i hate being painted as coming from the same ilk as people who think the way you do.

Then leave if you'd like.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How could they possibly turn up their noses as such a staunch conservative as yourself?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How could they possibly turn up their noses as such a staunch conservative as yourself?

i never claimed to be a conservative.

i like their attempts to legislate morality as much as i like liberal attempts to redistribute my income and earnings to the undeserving. both like big government.

i just wish the libertarian party could get their shit together and run ads promoting personal freedom and limited government, rather than running ads about how they want to legalize marijuana.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Let me make sure I have this correct...

If you don't tow the party line at DU you get tombstoned by narrow minded people who have no tolerance for diverse thinking.  If you don't tow the party line at Free Republic then you're a troll.

Are you guys really this nuts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Let me make sure I have this correct...

If you don't tow the party line at DU you get tombstoned by narrow minded people who have no tolerance for diverse thinking.  If you don't tow the party line at Free Republic then you're a troll.

Are you guys really this nuts.

pretty true. this is why non-political boards are the best, because you get people of all beliefs and ideologies.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i just wish the libertarian party could get their shit together and run ads promoting personal freedom and limited government, rather than running ads about how they want to legalize marijuana.

Another Libertarian quasi-troll.  And I say "quasi-troll" because, while you are not a troll by the strictest definition, you know some of the things you believe will be unpopular but express them to provoke a reaction, then get surprised at the reaction.

BTW, I probably agree with you on many things that would be unpopular at AR15.com, like my extreme suspicion for the law enforcement community.  However, considering the large number of LEOs that post here, I refrain from baiting them.  At the end of the day, I view this site primarily as a Firearms information/reference source (and a damn good one!), so I don't wish to get banned over the stuff in the general forum, which I view as entertainment.

Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#16]
sgtar15 you fucking crack me up man!!!! that shit was funny.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Well.  

All I will say is that I would never have accused the Catholic church (and that is the church referred to here) of backing a Free Republic.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Is this an example of a typical thread you posted there?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=275879

it's satire. i wasnt trying to offend any gay people here. it's obviously a joke.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another Libertarian quasi-troll.  And I say "quasi-troll" because, while you are not a troll by the strictest definition, you know some of the things you believe will be unpopular but express them to provoke a reaction, then get surprised at the reaction.

BTW, I probably agree with you on many things that would be unpopular at AR15.com, like my extreme suspicion for the law enforcement community.  However, considering the large number of LEOs that post here, I refrain from baiting them.  At the end of the day, I view this site primarily as a Firearms information/reference source (and a damn good one!), so I don't wish to get banned over the stuff in the general forum, which I view as entertainment.

Just my $0.02.

it's much easier to accuse someone of being a troll, rather than debate whatever issue is causing said person to be accused of being a troll.

and how do you know one opinion or the other may be unpopular, because you, yourself, said that there are many issues you would probably agree with but just dont choose to express them for various reasons.

i wouldnt judge popular opinion by those who are the most vocal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Doesn't sound like a conservative to me.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is this an example of a typical thread you posted there?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=275879

it's satire. i wasnt trying to offend any gay people here. it's obviously a joke.

Offend gay people?

Heck you offend American people with stuff like that!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know... the gay bashing thread didn't do it for you Mike?

That was gay bashing?  It looked to be bashing those who came up with strange theories about what gays do.
Even StonerStudent threatens to do what was mentioned in the locked thread.  The 3:33 pm entry.

someone that can appreciate satire! it's from betty bowers (a satire/joke site), not the KKK or some other bigoted group. jeesh.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought it was kind of funny, but unless you got that from some other source you have an uncomfortable (to me) knowledge of the homo/metro sexual lifestyle...

Like WTF is an "anti-humectant pomade"?  Wasn't Pomade what the escapees used in their hair in 'Raising Arizona" and 'greasers' used in the '50's?

Just asking...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You're a fuck troll.

Now get the fuck out of here also.

Sgatr15

<---------------------------------per CoC

Are you always this shy, reticent type?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Nobody has ever accused DU or Free Republic of being über tolerant – that’s not they’re stated purpose.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#32]
poink, you're quickly learning the hard way that people hate libertarians as much as they hate agnostics. Everyone wants you to choose their side, and buy in hard.

There's no such thing as balance in these parts -- which should give you some indication of the thought processes of the US as a whole.

You're either all the way in or you are an operative for the other side.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
He's been here since June... plenty of time to learn what is and isn't acceptable behavior...  So if I make some black jokes and end it with a just kidding, its only satire... would that fly?  How about a nice Arab "camel jockey" joke... how does that sit with the CoC?  Sorry, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but this crap does not reflect well on the board.  Thread was locked for a reason wasn't it?  Was it a dupe, or did it violate the CoC?  The child is a troll...

I think we get it.  Your opinion isn't unclear.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He's been here since June... plenty of time to learn what is and isn't acceptable behavior...  So if I make some black jokes and end it with a just kidding, its only satire... would that fly?  How about a nice Arab "camel jockey" joke... how does that sit with the CoC?  Sorry, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, but this crap does not reflect well on the board.  Thread was locked for a reason wasn't it?  Was it a dupe, or did it violate the CoC?  The child is a troll...

it's satire, like the onion. i also post on a bodybuilding board, which has many, many gay members, and many of them thought it was hysterical. it's not an attack on homosexuality, but an attack on the bigots who actually think and feel that way.

and you judge me as being a troll based on 1-2 posts you dont agree with? why not look up some of my other posts on political issues before simply resorting to labels and name calling.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
poink, you're quickly learning the hard way that people hate libertarians as much as they hate agnostics. Everyone wants you to choose their side, and buy in hard.

There's no such thing as balance in these parts -- which should give you some indication of the thought processes of the US as a whole.

sounds like the reasoning used by dictators and tyrants alike. you dont agree with us, so we shall deal with you.

and some of you claim to be on the side of freedom?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I was trying to figure this out also, Ben.  Please clarify for my own curiousity.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I was a member of freerepublic for quite some time, and every now and then I would raise a differing opinion than that of the kool-aid-drinking, papal-loving, bush-is-the-second-coming posters.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a democrat/liberal/hippy/atheist/etc, nor have I ever been

[Poink is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life] You.
Your use of "papal-loving" as an attempted insult is all ANYONE needs to know of your [Poink is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life]ed-up world-view or politics. That you mock the religious, that you utter a sneering "papal-loving" tells everyone all they need to know of your deficient personality.
wtf is so hard about leaving the religious alone, to practice their non-violent faith?

I myself am an agnostic / lapsed catholic, have no great love for ANY organized religion - but I'M not going to spew "papal-loving".

I don't care WHAT politics you CLAIM, you are a piece of [Poink is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life], and I hope you get banned HERE, too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#38]
What part don't you understand?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Geez, you guys, give him a chance.  This is no way to welcome someone to the site.  

Balls. "Poink" revealed itself as a POS right off the bat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What part don't you understand?

Well, I certainly hope you're not eluding that anyone who doesn't totally agree with your mindset is unfit to breathe!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'd say you are full of [BenDover is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life], but your avatar obviously shows a clean empty bowel.

I personally don't give a [BenDover is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life] if someone is libertarian or anything else. What I do care about, what I have had e-[BenDover is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life]-nough of, what I refuse to accept anymore - is sneering mental-children that come to this board or any other board I inhabit, open with insults and sneers to the general population, then cry 'suppression of dissent' and 'you people are mean' AFTER THEY have pissed on the rug. [BenDover is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life]'em.
All I've got for them now is a hobnailed-boot in their face.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck You.
Your use of "papal-loving" as an attempted insult is all ANYONE needs to know of your fucked-up world-view or politics. That you mock the religious, that you utter a sneering "papal-loving" tells everyone all they need to know of your deficient personality.
wtf is so hard about leaving the religious alone, to practice their non-violent faith?

I myself am an agnostic / lapsed catholic, have no great love for ANY organized religion - but I'M not going to spew "papal-loving".

I don't care WHAT politics you CLAIM, you are a piece of shit, and I hope you get banned HERE, too.

first off, how did i 'mock the religious'? my problem isnt with God or any of his followers, just the corrupt organizations that use his name to justify anything and everything they do.

secondly, how did i attempt to thwart any one's religious practice? because i held a personal opinion? give me a break.

i respect anyone's peaceful practice of any religion they choose to follow, as they should afford others the same respect to have an opinion of their own, rather than attacking them personally or trying to censor them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Did I say that?

No, I think I was stating to poink that was more likely the case from either of the two extremes against the middle than the other way around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say you are full of shit, but your avatar obviously shows a clean empty bowel.

I personally don't give a shit if someone is libertarian or anything else. What I do care about, what I have had e-fucking-nough of, what I refuse to accept anymore - is sneering mental-children that come to this board or any other board I inhabit, open with insults and sneers to the general population, then cry 'suppression of dissent' and 'you people are mean' AFTER THEY have pissed on the rug. Fuck'em.

LOL... someone missed a dose...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say you are full of shit, but your avatar obviously shows a clean empty bowel.

I personally don't give a shit if someone is libertarian or anything else. What I do care about, what I have had e-fucking-nough of, what I refuse to accept anymore - is sneering mental-children that come to this board or any other board I inhabit, open with insults and sneers to the general population, then cry 'suppression of dissent' and 'you people are mean' AFTER THEY have pissed on the rug. Fuck'em.

can you go two seconds without resorting to an incoherent rambling of profanity and threats of violence to all those who hold a different opinion than yourself?

who are your political idols? stalin? mao? saddam?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#46]
IBTL

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL... someone missed a dose...

I post like that after about a case of beer and some tequila.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Did I say that?

No, I think I was stating to poink that was more likely the case from either of the two extremes against the middle than the other way around.

That's all I was trying to clarify.  I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or you were giving your view.  I like to try to ask politely before drawing conclusions.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

secondly, how did i attempt to thwart any one's religious practice? because i held a personal opinion? give me a break.

As for you, it stems from your original comment of "Papal-loving" in a sarcastic tone.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for you, it stems from your original comment of "Papal-loving" in a sarcastic tone.  

how would that be interfering or preventing someone from exercising one of their fundamental, God-given rights? it's not like i threatened, in a profanity laced tirade, to put a boot to someone for exercising their rights; unlike some fascists.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top