Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 3:28:03 PM EDT
I went to pick up a rifle from the local ffl and I got delayed.
I have purchased many firearms in the past , both pistols and rifles and never been
delayed.

W.T.F.?

Anyone else been delayed lately that have never been before?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
concealed weapons permits are cool like that.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, except for Walmart. I bought a .22 there a couple months ago and was told they don't except the permits. Walmart calls in anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep, except for Walmart. I bought a .22 there a couple months ago and was told they don't except the permits. Walmart calls in anyway.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

Walmart never called me in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
yep been there done that.

CCW, C&R , you name it. allways been delayed since nov 2001. had a pistol permit with me the first time it happend.  its a pain.

Ronald
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Every one of my purchases were delayed prior 2003. From 2003 on, all have been instant approvals. I could not find a rhyme or reason. My address and identification all matched, no record, staedy address, etc. It did not matter if it was Kmart (purchased a Winchester 12GA), Walmart, FFL, or fun show.

Oh well. Be patient, it ill be worth it. What did you buy?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I don't get it.. what does the CCW have to do with it..  I got mine  in '03..  it has made a difference either way??

can you explain
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I don't get it.. what does the CCW have to do with it..  I got mine  in '03..  it has made a difference either way??

can you explain

Some states you dont have to do a callin with CCW
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a .22 last year at Walmart, gave them my CCW and they filled out the paperwork and gave it to me, no call in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
They should normally be able to call back in an hour and get an approval.

Apparently you have said far too much shit on the internet. You now have a pretty red flag next to your name

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
They know about those unspeakable crimes....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

can you explain

i'll have to check into that here, I have never heard of that  

thanks Taxman
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Every one of my purchases were delayed prior 2003. From 2003 on, all have been instant approvals. I could not find a rhyme or reason. My address and identification all matched, no record, staedy address, etc. It did not matter if it was Kmart (purchased a Winchester 12GA), Walmart, FFL, or fun show.

Oh well. Be patient, it ill be worth it. What did you buy?

I ordered a PTR 91 from Atlantic Firearms.
It's making me crazy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I bought a .22 last year at Walmart, gave them my CCW and they filled out the paperwork and gave it to me, no call in.

This has been two or three months ago. I was told there were too many forged concealed carry permits so Walmart  had quit  taking them instead of the call in.  Has  anyone  here bought from Walmart  in this time frame and not  been called in in Texas??  If  this is not really Walmarts policy, I would love to file a complaint on the local store.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

can you explain

i'll have to check into that here, I have never heard of that  

thanks Taxman

Sorry, but Kentucky residents have to go through the whole NICS process.  A KY CCW does not qualify for exemption from the NICS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top